Although Ringback Tones Terms and Conditions indicate that you own the license for a year for Ringback Tones, they will charge you FULL PRICE if you upgrade your phone to download the Ringback Tones or RingTones you have already purchased. Essentially, they are charging you for a product you have already paid for. You will find nothing in any of the Terms and Conditions indicating that this is so. In fact, the Terms and Conditions indicate that you hold the license for one year. Consequently, I have filed a complaint with the FCC regarding these apparently fraudulent billing practices.
    05-11-09 04:05 PM
    Although Ringback Tones Terms and Conditions indicate that you own the license for a year for Ringback Tones, they will charge you FULL PRICE if you upgrade your phone to download the Ringback Tones or RingTones you have already purchased. Essentially, they are charging you for a product you have already paid for. You will find nothing in any of the Terms and Conditions indicating that this is so. In fact, the Terms and Conditions indicate that you hold the license for one year. Consequently, I have filed a complaint with the FCC regarding these apparently fraudulent billing practices.
    Ringback tones and ringtones are two different things..You can upgrade all you want and still keep the ringback tones for the remainder of the agreement.

plus I can understand ringback tones, but why would you buy ringtones??? They're tons here free as well as multiple other websites..
    Last edited by hudss; 05-11-09 at 04:29 PM.
    05-11-09 04:17 PM
    Dunno about Vzn but Tmob will credit you what you paid for purchased RTs/games if you get a new phone from them. You shouldn't have to pay twice for stuff like that.
    05-11-09 05:05 PM
    RBT are assigned to your number, so there not physically on your phone...ringtones are saved to your phone, it is your choice to upgrade. nobody is forcing you. and i haven't paid for a ringtone in 3 years, so idk what the big deal is....

btw they're a business, not the welfare office. you get what you pay for, if you wanna save $$$ go to metro PCS.
    05-11-09 05:25 PM
    RBT are assigned to your number, so there not physically on your phone...ringtones are saved to your phone, it is your choice to upgrade. nobody is forcing you. and i haven't paid for a ringtone in 3 years, so idk what the big deal is....

btw they're a business, not the welfare office. you get what you pay for, if you wanna save $$$ go to metro PCS.
    That's awesome.. hahaaha.. why are they charging me for ringtones?? lol dude.. come on.. and how exactly did you lose your ringback tones? did you not notice they still work when you upgrade or where you just speculating?
    05-11-09 05:27 PM
    he changed his phone number

the RBT feature is actually attached to your VM provisioning....so you HAVE TO HAVE VOICEMAIL to get RBT....

this one guy called in and wanted to remove his voicemail because he never used it anyway, and when i tried to remove it, it prompted me to remove his RBT also...that guy was WAY more unhappy than the OP is....
    05-11-09 05:31 PM
    if you ask them they will refund your money and you can re download your ring tones my mom does it
    05-11-09 06:22 PM
    he changed his phone number

the RBT feature is actually attached to your VM provisioning....so you HAVE TO HAVE VOICEMAIL to get RBT....

this one guy called in and wanted to remove his voicemail because he never used it anyway, and when i tried to remove it, it prompted me to remove his RBT also...that guy was WAY more unhappy than the OP is....
    You know.. I did not know that.. good call
    05-11-09 09:56 PM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    05-21-09 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD