I have had my 8130 since November 07 and love it! About a week ago, I lost my internet capability entirely. After a trip to the store (useless), and a long call at Tech Support (frustrating), they finally agreed to send me a replacement unit.

The first replacement unit was some other poor fellows phone and was still programmed and active with his phone number and address book!!! (What a bunch of bozo's!)

So, Verizon sent me another phone today (at my insistance, this one is new, not "reconditioned").

Now, my work-related Outlook emails will not successfully enable. (The yahoo account worked fine.)

The most recent Verizon Tech (who barely speaks English) insists that Blackberry dropped the ability to set up Outlook interface last March, so my only option is to set up email redirect to get my work emails.

This really sounds fishy. Has anyone else heard this? It doesn't make sense, but the tech insists it is so.

Thanks for any help any of you might have.
    08-15-08 05:35 PM
    Um. Yeah. I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you, but that rep is full of sh*t!! If it were me, I would keep calling back until they solved my issue.
    08-15-08 05:36 PM
    Is your work email pop, imap, owa, or is it on BES?

If it worked before and you are a BIS, I would delete the source form the BIS and re-create it, If on a BES talk to your IT. dept.

If your IT dept made any changes like they stopped outside connections, this will keep the BIS from authenticating.
    08-15-08 05:41 PM
    Um. Yeah. I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you, but that rep is full of sh*t!! If it were me, I would keep calling back until they solved my issue.
    You heard it here first folks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 05:42 PM
    Is your blackberry on BES? If so then you'll have to talk to your IT guys and have them reactivate your new device on the BES server.
    08-15-08 05:58 PM
    I have had my 8130 since November 07 and love it! About a week ago, I lost my internet capability entirely. After a trip to the store (useless), and a long call at Tech Support (frustrating), they finally agreed to send me a replacement unit.

The first replacement unit was some other poor fellows phone and was still programmed and active with his phone number and address book!!! (What a bunch of bozo's!)

So, Verizon sent me another phone today (at my insistance, this one is new, not "reconditioned").

Now, my work-related Outlook emails will not successfully enable. (The yahoo account worked fine.)

The most recent Verizon Tech (who barely speaks English) insists that Blackberry dropped the ability to set up Outlook interface last March, so my only option is to set up email redirect to get my work emails.

This really sounds fishy. Has anyone else heard this? It doesn't make sense, but the tech insists it is so.

Thanks for any help any of you might have.
    ok that vzw tech was full of bs i had a problem with my bb curve on vzw and all i did was go to the store they swapped it out and i had all the info i needed wich in my case was:
    account typeutlook web access
    email address:*******
    user name:******. might have to be provided by your I.t personal
    password:*******
    mail server: mail.yourcompany'semail.com/org/net wich ever
    and it was all done through vzw/bb website
    08-15-08 08:36 PM
    When ever I get a rep who can't speak english I just hang up on them. Let them speak to Tone.
    Lol

08-15-08 08:40 PM
    When ever I get a rep who can't speak english I just hang up on them. Let them speak to Tone.
    Lol

lol lol lol thats funny lol lol
    08-15-08 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD