Hi. I am still a newbie when it comes to cellular technology. I am going to Ecuador and the data roaming charge is 2 cents or nearly 70 dollars for unlimited data per month. My cell phone is a Blackberry Storm 2 and it is already unlocked. I was thinking of getting prepaid local internet that is half the price and I can get nearly two months for price of one. I am wondering what can I do so I can use my e-mail on another carrier. Do I call verizon and ask them to release my imei and pin so I can register with lets say Ecuador Movistar and then when I am done I can register my imei and pin again to Verizon? its not that I am being cheap but I frankly do not have money and any penny saved will help me on these difficult times. Can anyone guide me on what to do. I am not going to cancel Verizon while I am out of the country but I just cannot afford to pay extra 70 bucks per month for data.
    03-05-10 01:52 AM
    You can have the phone unlocked to use a local SIM card. Do you research though and make sure it includes data and voice.
    03-05-10 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD