My wife and I signed up under the Friends and Family plan with 2 lines less than a month ago. She got the Voyager and I got the Curve. Our phone totals were $250 and, to match what I found online, they gave us a bill credit of $130. That, plus our $120 in rebates made the phones free.

The problem is now this: We sent in the rebates and now my wife has decided she wants a Curve also. Since the Curves are still BOGO, any idea what chance we have of exhanging that? Also, if we could, I'd be interested in giving her my curve and me getting the Storm in exchange from her Voyager.

Will we have to pay back her rebate and then get a new rebate with the new Curve?

It seems to me that to swap out the Voyager for the Storm would kind of be a wash, since the phones we bought were $250 (before rebates and bill credit) and the Storm and Curve would total $200.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    05-20-09 12:11 PM
    Your best bet would be to go to a verizon store and tlel them your story and see what they can do for you.
    05-20-09 12:14 PM
    honestly best bet call in *611 or 800 922 0204...thats about as good as it gets, they may let you since you would be adding another data plan i have seen stranger but i wouldnt get to hopeful.
    05-20-09 12:15 PM
    Thank you guys, that was fast!!! We've just been so confused on the whole bill credit and rebates. Surely, as you said, they'll be adding another BB data plan. Obviously with the BOGO on all BB's they aren't too worried about the price of the phones.

Am I correct in assuming no matter what we do, there will be a $35 fee per phone to change?

Thanks again!
    05-20-09 12:20 PM
    never go to the store first. Always call CS first. The stores just worry about money coming in to the store. CS cares about you and they will call the store manger and get the problem resolved. I know its happend with me after having the storm for 4 months i couldnt handle it, so i went to store first and they gave me a little bit of a prob. I called CS right in the store and i was given a curve in less than 5 min.
    05-20-09 12:47 PM
    Thanks, I'll do that. Also, should we assume we'll have to pay $35 per phone or is that something they can waive? I know Verizon is supposedly #1 in CS and guarantees they'll keep you satisfied. I really just want to be able to get her the Curve and me the Storm.

Thanks!
    05-20-09 01:09 PM
    I didnt have to. i said if there was a problem i would terminate right then and there. there was no restocking fee just a new curve. Dont get loud just bite your lip and everything will be alright
    05-20-09 01:18 PM
    So to clarify, you said to call CS first, right? Any certain tactics to use? I know my wife hates the Voyager because the camera is awful and the internet is too slow. I guess mention all that to them and tell them if they can't make us happy we'll go somewhere else? (Even though we wouldn't). We love Verizon, but want to be totally happy with the phones we'll have for the next 2 years.
    05-20-09 01:22 PM
    Customer care may waive the restocking fee. The store almost certainly won't.
    05-20-09 10:53 PM
    So to clarify, you said to call CS first, right? Any certain tactics to use? I know my wife hates the Voyager because the camera is awful and the internet is too slow. I guess mention all that to them and tell them if they can't make us happy we'll go somewhere else? (Even though we wouldn't). We love Verizon, but want to be totally happy with the phones we'll have for the next 2 years.
    the best tactic is really just to be nice, even if you use the im going to go with another carrier attitude but you use it nicely they will get it done, they are #1 and best of all all there call centers are in us and canada...so no clicking
    05-21-09 08:16 AM
    How long have you had the phones? If under 30 days I don't think there should be any problems making an exchange.
    05-21-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD