http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...verizonatt.pdf

Emphasis Mine.

INTRODUCTION
    AT&T did not file this lawsuit because Verizon's "There's A Map For That" advertisements are untrue; AT&T sued because Verizon's ads are true and the truth hurts.

For well over a year, the battle lines in wireless communications have been drawn around the "3G" (third generation) wireless data capabilities of each carrier, as measured by coverage, speed, and reliability. In recent years wireless carriers have upgraded their first and second-generation networks (capable of transmitting voice calls and limited data services) to 3G, enabling far higher transmission speed and therefore a far broader range of data products and services, such as faster music and video downloads, high-resolution games, and other software applications. Verizon Wireless has invested billions of dollars since 2004 upgrading nearly its entire network across the continental United States and Hawaii to 3G, and today covers five times more of the United States than AT&T's 3G network.

Despite the far smaller size of its 3G network, AT&T has spent tens of millions of dollars making its 3G network, which it dubs the "Nation's Fastest 3G Network," the centerpiece of its national advertising since at least the summer of 2008. AT&T now is attempting to silence Verizon's ads that include maps graphically depicting the geographic reach of AT&T's 3G network as compared to Verizon's own 3G network because AT&T does not like the truthful picture painted by that comparison.

AT&T seeks the extraordinary and drastic remedy of a TRO [Temp Restraining Order for anyone who didn't know - Weekendbum] prohibiting Verizon from showing five television advertisements — and related print and radio advertisements — that focus expressly on the geographic reach of AT&T’s 3G network as compared to Verizon’s. AT&T then asks that the Court bar any use of such coverage maps. Remarkably, AT&T admits that the 3G coverage maps — the one thing that is common to all five ads — are accurate and that the ads’ express statement that Verizon has “5X More 3G Coverage” than AT&T is true. (See First Amended Complaint (“Am. Compl.”) 88.)
    Good Job Verizon. Read the entire response in opposition to the motion to stop Verizon from running the ads.
    11-17-09 09:46 PM
    I like the commercial that uses the lost/abandoned toys. That one made me laugh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 09:55 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/t-d...-calls-365348/

Already covered.

11-17-09 09:59 PM
    Damn, go ahead tell me to use search.
    11-17-09 10:07 PM
    Great stuff, thanks for the link. I like this from VZW's Memorandum:
    But if consumers want to learn about 3G coverage specifically,
    AT&T directs them not to a nationwide 3G map, but to a list of metropolitan areas.
    See Saracino Decl. 18; see also CNNMoney.com “The iPhone Wars: AT&T v.
    Verizon,” Nov. 13, 2009 (“AT&T’s 3G service, when it works, is zippy enough.
    But EDGE (a 2.5G service) is considerably slower, and GPRS (2G) is slower still.
    A more accurate AT&T map would distinguish among the three services. You can
    get that from AT&T here, but it takes some effort (and a Photoshop session) to get
    one map that shows the entire lower 48 states.”)
    11-17-09 10:19 PM
    Damn, go ahead tell me to use search.
    Didn't need search - just a few below this one.

11-17-09 10:39 PM
    Didn't need search - just a few below this one.

.. Lesson learned.

Do you still not do PM's/PINS -- or will you make an exception for me!?
    11-18-09 12:03 AM
    I like the commercial that uses the lost/abandoned toys. That one made me laugh.

Me too. I like the little plane doing the face plant as he says, "You'll fit right in here...ha ha ha"....splat...*L*

11-18-09 08:37 AM
    Verizon had a great pr move with their response here. Only helps promote their ads further. Nicely done on their part.
    11-18-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD