So the big bad FCC gets the word back from T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, and Google. The link below is to the VZW documents sent to the FCC. Since VZW already answered most of the questions that were asked a couple of months ago it seemed like a pretty easy letter to put out.

I love how almost every question is telling the FCC to look at the December 18th letter as reference.

Verizon's response to FCC's ETF inquiries - Engadget Galleries
    02-24-10 10:20 AM
    I doubt anything of significance will come out of all this.
    02-24-10 10:30 AM
    ^ likewise
    02-24-10 11:56 AM
    Anyone want to bet on whether the government sends Verizon another inquiry? It is ridiculous that supposedly smart people (bureaucrats) can't read simple English (the first answer letter.) The number of times that Ms Grillo referred to the first response in the second response shows the apparent ignorance of Mr Gurin and Ms Milkman (and we pay these people's salaries through our taxes.) That Verizon, or any company, has to respond to such crap is what is wrong with this countries government (all political parties are included.)
    As others have said, nothing will come of this futile exercise!
    02-24-10 11:02 PM
    I know, people are complaining about the ETF's, but how many people have considered how much tax payer money is going into the inquiries? Would make the extra $150 or whatever seem like nothing!

And after witnessing on this forum the way people were abusing the low ETF's before, I don't blame VZW ONE BIT for upping the charges. Had people not abused the system before we probably wouldn't even be here...
    02-25-10 12:12 AM
    I know, people are complaining about the ETF's, but how many people have considered how much tax payer money is going into the inquiries? Would make the extra $150 or whatever seem like nothing!

And after witnessing on this forum the way people were abusing the low ETF's before, I don't blame VZW ONE BIT for upping the charges. Had people not abused the system before we probably wouldn't even be here...
    I concur!

When the S1 came out you probably paid around $199.99 for it. (In my case I paid $99 with rebate and NE2). We will use my case as the example... I have $99 in the phone. ETF @ the time was $175. So grand total for me would be $274.99. We all know that when those devices came out they could easily fetch $450 on eBay and other places. I for one did not take advantage of VZW like that, but it was easy to do. Reasons like this is why the ETF went up.

Now why idiots with the FCC want to argue over this is beyond me.
    02-26-10 09:22 AM
    Because wasting time and money and taking advantage of people is the american way!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD