all a long, I've been told that after you sign a 2 year contract with Verizon, after 10 months, ONLY in that 10 month mark after signing a 2 year contract, that a person could upgrade there phone a long with sign another 2 year contract as long as your price plan is high enough which mine is.

I called Verizon just now since I wanted to hear it from them. The lady I was speaking too said no way, and she said she never heard of upgrading in the 10th month. She went into the computer and said a person can upgrade after 12 months, but will face a 20 dollar upgrade fee unless you wait until 20 months to upgrade the phone then they wont charge you 20 bucks.

so what happend to upgrading in the 10th month after signing a 2 year contract? was that just BS people have been telling me on here? If in fact the Verizon lady was wrong, is there any proof on that you can upgrade on the 10th month?

any help from Verizon reps on here would be great!
    03-13-10 06:09 PM
    You can only upgrade on the 10th month if you have a one year contract. On a 2 year you can do a Early Upgrade for a $20 fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 06:51 PM
    PS you can upgrade any time at Full Retail!

03-13-10 06:52 PM
    There is no way you can upgrade at a discounted price after 10 months. You can only upgrade at that time for full retail price. If anything I would just wait it out. Im not a verizon rep but I'm pretty darn close. I have been through many different phones in and out of contract and know the process. The only way you can possibly do that is if you were a member of the vip club. They send you a piece of mail that says welcome to the verizon wireless vip club. It explains that as a one time thing you can upgrade your phone after a year of service. You also have to go to the retail store for that.
    03-13-10 07:01 PM
    You can only upgrade on the 10th month if you have a one year contract. On a 2 year you can do a Early Upgrade for a $20 fee.

thanks for the information, so your saying I can still upgrade on the 10th month after signing a 2 year contract, but have to pay the 20 buck upgrade price? Or with the 2 year contract, I can only upgrade starting on the 12th month a long with the 20 dollar upgrade fee?
    03-13-10 07:10 PM
    thanks for the information, so your saying I can still upgrade on the 10th month after signing a 2 year contract, but have to pay the 20 buck upgrade price? Or with the 2 year contract, I can only upgrade starting on the 12th month a long with the 20 dollar upgrade fee?
    No! He clearly stated its not until the 12th month plus a 20 fee!
    (On a 2 year contract!)
    Last edited by Shorty43081; 03-13-10 at 07:51 PM.
    03-13-10 07:45 PM
    I forgot to add that. No, you can not upgrade at 10 months with the fee on a 2 year. The Early Upgrade, also known as Annual Upgrade, is available on the 12th month of a 2 year contract.
    03-14-10 12:57 AM
    I forgot to add that. No, you can not upgrade at 10 months with the fee on a 2 year. The Early Upgrade, also known as Annual Upgrade, is available on the 12th month of a 2 year contract.
    Thanks for your Information Super! Your information matched what the Verizon rep over the phone told me too so thats good. I just wanted to make sure since i heard two different sides before.
    03-14-10 08:58 AM
    And to add the part about the VIP program, that has been discontinued as of Feb 28. They decided not to renew the VIP program this year.

00smurf
    03-14-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD