07-08-09 09:10 PM
26 12
tools
    So, I called Verizon Wireless today about the Tour, because I was curious, and I ask the rep to compare the Curve 8330 to the Tour. She says she isn't sure if the Tour is touchscreen, but she'll check. I almost fell off my chair! How does she think that the Tour is a touchscreen device!? Wow. LOL
    07-07-09 05:15 PM
    There is a compare function on the website. You can see both phones side by side and spec for spec.
    07-07-09 05:52 PM
    These employees or $10.00 if that much... if you need service it is level two so all the 1st level read instructions with no idea how things work. You will learn more and get more answers from the crazies here at crackberry.
    07-07-09 05:53 PM
    There is a compare function on the website. You can see both phones side by side and spec for spec.
    Thank you, I was just making a point of how the rep thought it was a touch screen berry LOL
    07-07-09 05:53 PM
    These employees or $10.00 if that much... if you need service it is level two so all the 1st level read instructions with no idea how things work. You will learn more and get more answers from the crazies here at crackberry.
    Generalize much?
    07-07-09 06:16 PM
    I have know idea how they keep getting ranked #1 in customer service... The reps on the phone are USUALLY under knowledged
    07-08-09 02:45 PM
    I mean no offense to VZW reps but I had one tell me once that the customers know more than they do and she started laughing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 02:50 PM
    Lol, I was just there trying to find the games I downloaded and can't find....although they were very nice it was a waste of gas and time. grrrr
    07-08-09 04:11 PM
    Verizon Reps truly are idiots, I haven't found one who has ANY clue as to what they're talking about, I don't know if its that Verizon is too cheap to pay for their reps to get proper training on the devices they sell, or if verizon just hires complete and total idio.ts that don't know a single thing about GOOD customer service

07-08-09 04:14 PM
    Well, if you're so good at it, why don't you do it?

Just sayin'..

07-08-09 04:17 PM
    The reps know about phones they only have. Verizon just lies 3g my ***

07-08-09 04:19 PM
    I have know idea how they keep getting ranked #1 in customer service... The reps on the phone are USUALLY under knowledged
    #1 probably refers more to billing inquiries more than anything. I've rarely had any issues in my many years with Verizon, but if I ever did, it was taken care of within minutes. They're freakin' amazing in this aspect.
    07-08-09 04:19 PM
    It all really depends on who you get.... I know some people (coworkers) that are extremely knowledgeable about everything, and some that are complete tools... it really is luck of the draw... If it were my choice i wouldnt have anyone working in my store that didnt know basic things about all the phones, but then i would be working my myself
    07-08-09 04:22 PM
    You have some that don't specialize in smartphones and some who work for third party cs outfits who might not have had training yet. I went looking at a new pickup last weekend and three sales people couldn't tell me the engine specs. The fourth one knew it all.

If you work at 7-11, do you know what all of the products taste like? If you work at Intel, do you know everything the company makes, much less the specs of each? If you work at Bank of America in San Francisco, do you know the banking laws and products available in Tucson? If you work for Target Credit Division, do you know the address for the store in Lubbock, TX off the top of your head?

The day you know everything, is the day you die.

07-08-09 04:51 PM
    I think that half of the nit wit comments should be xfered to the Things That make Laugh Thread.
    07-08-09 05:04 PM
    Verizon Reps truly are idiots, I haven't found one who has ANY clue as to what they're talking about, I don't know if its that Verizon is too cheap to pay for their reps to get proper training on the devices they sell, or if verizon just hires complete and total idio.ts that don't know a single thing about GOOD customer service

why don't you apply.. they're hiring.
    07-08-09 05:23 PM
    because customer service numbers usually come from CS's ability to take care of a billing issue or upgrade issue. that's why the exist. they're not there to supply you with tech specs of individual phones.

They can however: change billing, credit your account, add/remove features from your line, move your NE2 date sooner, etc. This is why they exist.

If you want to talk specs... Go talk to a sales rep, not customer service. This is why their cust service numbers are high. Their sales ability is completely another story.

You also need to understand that if you're part of this forum, you're part of a very small percentage of users as a whole. Your questions/needs are going to be much more difficult for most of the staff at ANY carrier to answer at the store/customer service level. Common sense my friend... common sense...
    07-08-09 05:43 PM
    Ask Kraft how they make mac and cheese, not Kroger or Safeway.

But oh crap, Dogs! You are wrong because Verizon sells phones!

So what? Grocery stores sell pickles. Doesn't make them experts on vinegar and cucumbers. .

Most customers don't care how they are made as long as they are tasty. Same thing with phones. As long as they do what they want, the customer doesn't care.

07-08-09 05:49 PM
    I worked for an outsource customer service center for Verizon about four years ago. The qualifications were pretty basic - speak English clearly, type more than 25 words per minute, and successfully pass a drug test. We received four weeks of mostly useless training, which involved learning the basics of how cell technology worked (stuff we didn't really need to know), the billing system, the WFG and other proprietary programs, and proper phraseology. One of those proper phrases was "I'm not sure, but let me find out for you," or any variation thereof, when a customer poses a question we couldn't answer.

Calls from customers wanting to chat about new phones were quite rare (I can honestly say that in the year I was taking calls full-time, that never happened, not even once), so that was understandably not something for which we were trained. At the time, our best resource for new phone info was your best resource: the website. We didn't have the phones available to play with, and even if we did, we would have had to walk all away across the center to do it (thus stepping away from you, the customer). I would have assumed then, as now, that if you really wanted to find info on new equipment, you would have researched the website, and maybe visited the store for hands-on experience, instead of calling someone for information you already know, and probably making her feel stupid that she didn't know it, too.

I was very good at my job, but about 95% of my calls involved billing inquiries, feature or price plan analysis and changes, reminding customers that the contract is a contract (and you can't just break it because your municipality raised the taxes on you, no matter what your cousin's husband's brother's girlfrend's hairdresser told you), minor treoubleshooting (of the "is the phone on" variety), or ESN changes. The other 4.9% were screamers, obscene callers, or lonely people. If someone had called to ask me a question about a phone that ISN'T EVEN OUT YET, I would probably have given the same answer she did, because I knew very little off the top of my head about individual devices. Anyway, the vast number of types of devices active right now on any network would be mind-boggling, because not only are there all the phones currently offered, there are all the people with last year's phones. Heck, I still had old people making the trek from NY to FL every winter with an analog bag phone. There is no way any one person can have a working knowledge of each device currently on the network, let alone the future "niche" devices.

So I let my point get away from me a little bit, but I think what I was trying to say is that, from a customer service standpoint, the rep did her job. You asked a question, and she offered to find the answer. And you're ridiculing her for not being a human computer. You've never worked in service, have you?

07-08-09 06:01 PM
    The thing is, people asked the most inane questions. I've had people ask me how much free memory is in a Samsung Omnia, and man, I got no idea. It comes standard w/ 8GB, but once you factor in the Windows OS, all the other apps, etc., I'm NOT breaking it down to the last kilobyte.

Yes, 95% of what I know about Blackberries are from research on MY OWN TIME, or personal experience. That being said, shockingly or not most people I work with do not have a smartphone of any sort. Like I said, shocking.

If a rep is rude, treats you like an ignorant piece of ****, whatever, fine. If they can't get you basic knowledge to a particular product, or aspect of your account, fine. They're not doing their job.

But if you're asking questions like how to restore missing applications on your Blackberry, how to unbrick your Berry after you screwed something up, or most of all, future equipment, don't be shocked if you get at best xferd to another department. It is NOT OUR JOB to provide you those answers.

And in the case of equipment that has not been publicly announced, it is strictly prohibited of us to discuss it.

Sure, we have bad reps. It happens. But I can tell you my experience with Sprint reps were nothing but nightmares. Half of them barely spoke proper English (PC or not, THANK GOD we have that requirement) and it seems the rest of them couldn't even understand something as simple as putting on a text package.

But I won't call them idiots. Just improperly trained.
    07-08-09 06:36 PM
    because customer service numbers usually come from CS's ability to take care of a billing issue or upgrade issue. that's why the exist. they're not there to supply you with tech specs of individual phones.

They can however: change billing, credit your account, add/remove features from your line, move your NE2 date sooner, etc. This is why they exist.

If you want to talk specs... Go talk to a sales rep, not customer service. This is why their cust service numbers are high. Their sales ability is completely another story.

You also need to understand that if you're part of this forum, you're part of a very small percentage of users as a whole. Your questions/needs are going to be much more difficult for most of the staff at ANY carrier to answer at the store/customer service level. Common sense my friend... common sense...
    Well, I was asking the rep about the Tour and the Curve. That isn't very complicated. I know what commen sense is, thank you my friend
    07-08-09 07:46 PM
    I worked for an outsource customer service center for Verizon about four years ago. The qualifications were pretty basic - speak English clearly, type more than 25 words per minute, and successfully pass a drug test. We received four weeks of mostly useless training, which involved learning the basics of how cell technology worked (stuff we didn't really need to know), the billing system, the WFG and other proprietary programs, and proper phraseology. One of those proper phrases was "I'm not sure, but let me find out for you," or any variation thereof, when a customer poses a question we couldn't answer.

Calls from customers wanting to chat about new phones were quite rare (I can honestly say that in the year I was taking calls full-time, that never happened, not even once), so that was understandably not something for which we were trained. At the time, our best resource for new phone info was your best resource: the website. We didn't have the phones available to play with, and even if we did, we would have had to walk all away across the center to do it (thus stepping away from you, the customer). I would have assumed then, as now, that if you really wanted to find info on new equipment, you would have researched the website, and maybe visited the store for hands-on experience, instead of calling someone for information you already know, and probably making her feel stupid that she didn't know it, too.

I was very good at my job, but about 95% of my calls involved billing inquiries, feature or price plan analysis and changes, reminding customers that the contract is a contract (and you can't just break it because your municipality raised the taxes on you, no matter what your cousin's husband's brother's girlfrend's hairdresser told you), minor treoubleshooting (of the "is the phone on" variety), or ESN changes. The other 4.9% were screamers, obscene callers, or lonely people. If someone had called to ask me a question about a phone that ISN'T EVEN OUT YET, I would probably have given the same answer she did, because I knew very little off the top of my head about individual devices. Anyway, the vast number of types of devices active right now on any network would be mind-boggling, because not only are there all the phones currently offered, there are all the people with last year's phones. Heck, I still had old people making the trek from NY to FL every winter with an analog bag phone. There is no way any one person can have a working knowledge of each device currently on the network, let alone the future "niche" devices.

So I let my point get away from me a little bit, but I think what I was trying to say is that, from a customer service standpoint, the rep did her job. You asked a question, and she offered to find the answer. And you're ridiculing her for not being a human computer. You've never worked in service, have you?

Yes, I work in customer service. I just wanted to point out how I thought it was a little funny that she thought the Tour was a touch screen phone. I have nothing against Verizon or that rep!
    07-08-09 07:49 PM
    National Customer Service especially isn't trained on upcoming devices since they're rarely actually dealing with the devices directly (talk to a technician or a store rep for that). So, in the case of a lot of devices, phone reps either a.) know it because they have the device themselves, b.) know it because they are actively interested in educating themselves about each devices (but normally they'll only look up info on phones they're personally interested in), or c.) will gladly look up the information for you. Pretty much everyone here knows that the Storm is the only touchscreen device, but then again, we're both fanatical about Blackberrys and patiently awaiting the Tour. For example: my mother is very fluent on cellular service, and I've been doing what I can to get her into a call center where she lives, cuz she'd do great. But she knows NOTHING about Blackberry's. And if she worked for 1800 CS, she'd probably not be trained on it because it's not something she'll deal with (again, unless she's hired for tech support), and she would never care to train herself BECAUSE it's something she won't deal with. She couldn't give a crap about Blackberry's. But she's very fluent on how our billing works (not the systems, of course; that comes with employment).

Remember, we don't make the phones. We sell the service. So when you call customer service, expect that you're only going to get information on the service. If you want info on the phones, either contact a technician (who specifically does work with the devices), go into a store (again, specifically do work with the devices), or research online, because otherwise we'll probably just look it up for you.
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 07-08-09 at 08:31 PM.
    07-08-09 08:28 PM
    In my humble opinion this thread should be closed. The op comes in here saying that all reps know nothing at VZW based on one interaction with one rep.

I find this rather insulting and inflamitory, which is against forum policy. In turn this brings out others that are with other carriers to add to the comments.

Most of the replies appear to be reps that have better things to do like help those that have legit inquires to be answered, rather than defend against post the OP.

Remember, when you call in, it really is luck of the draw. You might get a rep with several years of experience, to the rep that has been taking calls for a day or two.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-08-09 at 09:02 PM.
    07-08-09 08:37 PM
    Verizon Reps Know a lot...NOT

So, I called Verizon Wireless today about the Tour, because I was curious, and I ask the rep to compare the Curve 8330 to the Tour. She says she isn't sure if the Tour is touchscreen, but she'll check. I almost fell off my chair! How does she think that the Tour is a touchscreen device!? Wow. LOL
    Yes, I work in customer service. I just wanted to point out how I thought it was a little funny that she thought the Tour was a touch screen phone. I have nothing against Verizon or that rep!
    Well, based on your OP, it is easier to see an attack on all reps. Maybe you might consider words a bit more carefully, in the future?

======================
    Suggested change:

Original: Verizon Reps Know a lot...NOT

Revision: Some Verizon Reps Don't Know a lot..
    ======================

In this era of people maliciously attacking whatever without intelligence or reason, sometimes it is difficult to separate the dummies from the humor. Based on the reactions above, it was the majority who took your words incorrectly, with a dummy or two chiming in.

07-08-09 08:50 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD