So, a friend of mine has upgraded from a Curve to a Bold 9930 to a Z10 now. She gave her mother her Curve when she upgraded to the Bold, and is now trying to set her up with the Bold. She spent hours at the Verizon store in Dothan, AL trying to get one of the reps to help her out. They either played stupid (maybe they actually are stupid) and said they didn't know how to set it up, or they really haven't been trained on the BlackBerry phones. The biggest problem was getting BB ID transferred from one phone to the other. She didn't remember her password. I got on the internet and had it reset for her in about 20 minutes. It really looks like Verizon has given up on BlackBerry.

I've been a long time BB user and Verizon subscriber, and this is really unsettling to me. Anyone else have similar experiences? Should we notify BBRY and let them know that Verizon seems to be purposefully shunning them off?
    07-15-13 04:14 PM
    I don't think they were playing stupid. I think they just are.

And if they had any brains, they would have put your friend on the phone with tech support.
    southlander likes this.
    07-15-13 04:18 PM
    I travel all over the US so if I am near a VZW store I stop in to check the BlackBerry situation. I would say 50% or more do not have a Z10 in the store and 75% have reps that say not to buy the BlackBerry products.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:07 AM
    I travel all over the US so if I am near a VZW store I stop in to check the BlackBerry situation. I would say 50% or more do not have a Z10 in the store and 75% have reps that say not to buy the BlackBerry products.

Posted via CB10
    Just fired off a letter to BB about this. The sales rep in Cypress,Ca. told me "BB was dead in the water". He then led me over to the Galaxy S4 and Iphone5 display, I left the store.
    07-17-13 12:55 AM
    Please change the title to read "Some Verizon reps"...

Thanks.
    enik likes this.
    07-17-13 01:21 AM
    Please change the title to read "Some Verizon reps"...

Thanks.
    Let's not get into this... In case the title changes let me restate it now... Verizon Reps don't know anything...
    07-18-13 10:27 AM
    Let's not get into this... In case the title changes let me restate it now... Verizon Reps don't know anything...
    You obviously haven't been to my store ;p and you can't blame the rep for Verizon and blackberry not spending the money for training.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-18-13 04:43 PM
    You obviously haven't been to my store ;p and you can't blame the rep for Verizon and blackberry not spending the money for training.

That may be true, but that still does not change the fact that the rep does not know anything.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 04:55 PM

What store do you work at? I'm in southern california, orange county. Sorry enik, just noticed you are in Atlanta.
    Last edited by phuoc; 07-18-13 at 05:44 PM.
    07-18-13 05:30 PM
    That may be true, but that still does not change the fact that the rep does not know anything.

Posted via CB10
    My point being were not all idiots not everyone is as conscious as we are about the mobile world, just the good ones.

What store do you work at? I'm in southern california, orange county.
    I'm over in North Georgia. Gotta love the bible belt ;p

07-18-13 05:43 PM
    We have plenty of clueless reps here in Canada, only difference here is they typically don't steer you away from BlackBerry.

BlackBerry really has a challenge in the US as far as perception is concerned

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    07-18-13 06:01 PM
    I'm looking at getting a 9315 just to have a blackberry so I wandered into the local T-Mobile shop about 45 minutes before closing to asking about it (how much, do I need to pay for BIS, general questions).

I was aggressively steered away from the Blackberry, even though I said outright I wanted a blackberry just to have a blackberry. There were two employees in the store and I was the only customer so it turned into a chat more than anything. I would estimate one of the employees as quite knowledgeable about cellphones in general and the other as somewhat below average for a cellphone store employee but still competent. (I ask test questions to see if I get coherent responses like "how wide are the T-Mobile LTE channels here?" and "are they using NSN tower equipment?" etc - if a very knowledgeable employee dislikes blackberry it's a worse sign than if a run of the mill guy does).

In this particular case the knowledgeable guy was apparently given a Q10 by Blackberry with the only condition being that he had to answer questions within a few days to prove he was knowledgeable about blackberry. He said he lost his Q10 within a couple of days, implying that he just didn't care about it. He otherwise didn't really comment about blackberry but the less knowledgeable guy said:
    * Blackberry is dying. They're about to get bought.
    * Sprint is dying (I'll give them slack for that, they can bad mouth competitors)
    * Everyone wants an S4. iPhone 5 gets some demand but not like android.
    * Both of them commented they could have any phone they wanted, both were using android phones.
    * I was told they had one 9315 but there isn't a rush to buy it, it won't sell unless I buy it.
    * the one I was talking to sold 4 blackberries in about two months, all 4 were returned
    07-18-13 06:33 PM
    I'm looking at getting a 9315 just to have a blackberry so I wandered into the local T-Mobile shop about 45 minutes before closing to asking about it (how much, do I need to pay for BIS, general questions).

I was aggressively steered away from the Blackberry, even though I said outright I wanted a blackberry just to have a blackberry. There were two employees in the store and I was the only customer so it turned into a chat more than anything. I would estimate one of the employees as quite knowledgeable about cellphones in general and the other as somewhat below average for a cellphone store employee but still competent. (I ask test questions to see if I get coherent responses like "how wide are the T-Mobile LTE channels here?" and "are they using NSN tower equipment?" etc - if a very knowledgeable employee dislikes blackberry it's a worse sign than if a run of the mill guy does).

In this particular case the knowledgeable guy was apparently given a Q10 by Blackberry with the only condition being that he had to answer questions within a few days to prove he was knowledgeable about blackberry. He said he lost his Q10 within a couple of days, implying that he just didn't care about it. He otherwise didn't really comment about blackberry but the less knowledgeable guy said:
    * Blackberry is dying. They're about to get bought.
    * Sprint is dying (I'll give them slack for that, they can bad mouth competitors)
    * Everyone wants an S4. iPhone 5 gets some demand but not like android.
    * Both of them commented they could have any phone they wanted, both were using android phones.
    * I was told they had one 9315 but there isn't a rush to buy it, it won't sell unless I buy it.
    * the one I was talking to sold 4 blackberries in about two months, all 4 were returned
    That is pretty much the story I get when I go in a Verizon store.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 07:23 PM
    I have used a blackberry for several years and most carriers when you buy a phone only know about the most popular phones that are out at the time. Blackberries have not been the most popular that i have seen in the last several years. I know that with verizon in the Spokane washington area only about half of the sales reps know about blackberries. The rest of them dont't know and will always try to steer you to what they personally like for a phone.
    07-19-13 01:53 PM
    Well, it won't let me change it. I guess it would more appropriate to say "Most Verizon Reps don't know..." It does make me wonder though, if the BB's for some reason surged ahead of Apple and Android (I know, funny, right?) would all that change? I guess it would have to...
    07-20-13 12:05 PM
    I can understand it from they're point of view. Why learn BlackBerry when ios and android is so much bigger? Most people coming into the store are gonna be looking for something with a ton of apps and something they see often, and with the perception that people have of blackberry it's a harder sale for them then telling someone about the awesome apps on iphone.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 02:57 AM
    Should have done *228 and did it yourself! I try to avoid the Verizon store as much as I can

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:21 PM
    When I got my Z10 my wife and I walked into the store and said we both wanted new phones. My wife picked hers out and then the sales rep asked me if I knew what I wanted. I told him I wanted the Z10. He looked at me and started to open his mouth to speak. I didn't give him the chance. I told him " I've been looking into this phone for 4 months. I've read all about and blackberry's current position. I still want the phone." he said "ok, but we will have to order it since we don't carry any blackberry's or accessories here in the store. " turns out none of the Verizon stores in my area carry it or accessories. I had to go into an AT&T store to get a case and screen protectors.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 06:05 PM
    Should have done *228 and did it yourself! I try to avoid the Verizon store as much as I can

Posted via CB10
    *228 doesn't work with any 4G smart phone.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    07-24-13 07:47 PM
    *228 doesn't work with any 4G smart phone.

Posted via CB10
    The Bold 9930 is not 4G

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 10:15 PM
    The Bold 9930 is not 4G

Posted via CB10
    Assumed we were taking about the z10 seeing as we're in that section. Lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-24-13 10:16 PM
    Assumed we were taking about the z10 seeing as we're in that section. Lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    This is the Verizon Wireless section lol