Over the phone have no idea what they're talking about. I called to ask and see if I could trade back my Tour for a Storm2 that I had originally upgraded to, and they told me "yes that will be perfectly fine" so when I go into the store to switch the Tour back, they told me "sorry, can't do it, don't know why they told you that you could" grr. Is there anything that I can do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 02:01 PM
    If I understand you correctly, you originally got a storm 2 and went back to the tour? now you want to go back to storm 2?

We need more detials of what transpired with time frames.
    02-06-10 02:14 PM
    You need to do that via customer service over the phone. Call back, it should be noted on your account. Then have them ship you the S2.

Transfer your data, then ship the T1 back to them after a wipe.

Forget the stores...most are lousy. Your best bet is customer care.

02-06-10 02:16 PM
    If I understand you correctly, you originally got a storm 2 and went back to the tour? now you want to go back to storm 2?

We need more detials of what transpired with time frames.
    Yes, that is correct. And I clearly stated all of this to the rep

02-06-10 02:19 PM
    Yes, that is correct. And I clearly stated all of this to the rep

This is all nice, but if we do not know this info as well, then an accurate response cannot be given here. Sorry.
    02-06-10 02:21 PM
    This is all nice, but if we do not know this info as well, then an accurate response cannot be given here. Sorry.
    I apologize, I should have worded my post better

02-06-10 02:23 PM
    You need to do that via customer service over the phone. Call back, it should be noted on your account. Then have them ship you the S2.

Transfer your data, then ship the T1 back to them after a wipe.

So this will all work out by just calling customer service?

02-06-10 02:24 PM
    I think, if I understand this correctly, is that the response you get in a store may--or may not--be the same as what you get with a rep over the phone. It's been my experience that dealing with VZW (whom I love, btw) on the phone will usually be far more lenient than walking in the store.
    02-06-10 02:27 PM

Sounds like it was a rep over the phone who dropped the ball.

02-06-10 04:11 PM
    If you bought the S2, did a worry free exchange to the Tour, and now you're wanting to go back, they're not going to let you. You might be very lucky with a sup but if that is what has transpired, then you're SOL and the Cust Care rep did indeed drop the ball.
    02-06-10 04:46 PM
    If you bought the S2, did a worry free exchange to the Tour, and now you're wanting to go back, they're not going to let you. You might be very lucky with a sup but if that is what has transpired, then you're SOL and the Cust Care rep did indeed drop the ball.
    Good call and this is what I was thinking. Problem is the OP never gave anymore details, so the rest is a sumation on our part and no appropriate answer can be given.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-06-10 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Fix grammer
    02-06-10 05:17 PM
    Good call and this is what I was thinking. Problem is the OP never gave anymore details, so the is rest sumation on our part and no appropriate answer can be given.
    True.. I guess at this point the only for sure answer is YES.. they can switch you to a different phone! As soon as your contract expires or you pay full retail for a phone.
    02-06-10 08:40 PM
    True.. I guess at this point the only for sure answer is YES.. they can switch you to a different phone! As soon as your contract expires or you pay full retail for a phone.
    Actually, I called Big Red back, and told them what happened, so they are going to send me a new S2, for a 35 dollar fee, I just have to send back the Tour, NBD

02-06-10 09:23 PM
    Sounds good man. You are the minority so consider yourself lucky Glad they took care of things for you, but you shoulda went DROID!
    02-06-10 10:39 PM
    So the phone reps only know what they are talking about then when you get your way?
    02-06-10 11:21 PM
    i had similiar problem (long story) after i left store, i called cs back and talked to manager. She called my local store and told them i was coming back and to give me a new phone. When i got to the store my phone was waiting with a free car charger for my trouble...............true story
    02-06-10 11:26 PM
    So the phone reps only know what they are talking about then when you get your way?
    No. Let me re-state. I called in first, the rep confirmed that I could in fact trade again. So I went to the store, where they told me no, I could not. So again, I called to see if a mistake was made, which there was, they apologized, and I'm now set to go. It has nothing to do with "getting my way". I would have been perfectly okay with it if they would have said "sorry we can't let you do that, our rep misinformed you". This is not about getting my way, it is about whether or not CS knows their information well.

02-07-10 12:48 AM
    i had similiar problem (long story) after i left store, i called cs back and talked to manager. She called my local store and told them i was coming back and to give me a new phone. When i got to the store my phone was waiting with a free car charger for my trouble...............true story
    Well, aren't you lucky? I don't think they could give me anything for my troubles, I already have a case, car charger and screen protectors haha

02-07-10 12:49 AM
    Sounds good man. You are the minority so consider yourself lucky Glad they took care of things for you, but you shoulda went DROID!
    Haha, everything was a lot easier to sort out over the phone. And I couldn't possible go Droid, my BB just feels better, and I find it difficult to use a touchscreen without SurePress.

02-07-10 12:52 AM
    No. Let me re-state. I called in first, the rep confirmed that I could in fact trade again. So I went to the store, where they told me no, I could not. So again, I called to see if a mistake was made, which there was, they apologized, and I'm now set to go. It has nothing to do with "getting my way". I would have been perfectly okay with it if they would have said "sorry we can't let you do that, our rep misinformed you". This is not about getting my way, it is about whether or not CS knows their information well.

Keep in mind you got one rep out of thousands that work for VZW in a call center environment. No excuse for the mix up, but they are human and mistakes can be expected to an extent. Can you honestly say that you've never made a mistake in the work place? So therefore you and your coworkers have no idea what is going on.
    02-07-10 01:17 AM
    OK you guys need to take this argument to PM!

Thread cleaned up, the argument was removed!
    02-08-10 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD