Does Verizon still have the policy that if you break a phone, have no insurance, and are not eligible for an upgrade on any lines that they will sell you a phone at one year pricing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 02:59 PM
    It's never been a policy. It's completely discretionary.
    11-08-09 03:08 PM
    Oh. Ok then. My sister's phone got messed up and we were wondering what options are. We gave her a loaner for now. However, if she keeps the loaner we no longer have a spare phone

11-08-09 03:12 PM
    Grab up a prepay and keep it in the box for future use.
    Or there's always craigslist.
    11-08-09 03:24 PM
    I thought they did away with that type of thing almost 3 years ago. Or at least they threatened to do it.

Nice to see that they didn't....maybe.
    11-08-09 04:22 PM
    Does Verizon still have the policy that if you break a phone, have no insurance, and are not eligible for an upgrade on any lines that they will sell you a phone at one year pricing?

If you POLITELY explain your situation, they will usually let you do it (At least that's been my experience.).
    11-08-09 04:24 PM
    It's never been a policy. It's completely discretionary.
    It is a policy...just not one widely advertised for obvious reasons. If it's not offered to you then just ask, because as long as your phone is damaged, you have no insurance and not eligible to upgrade you can get the one yr pricing. Just keep in mind that doing so resets your upgrade date so pick a phone that you want to keep for the next 2 yrs.
    11-08-09 09:32 PM
    I have done it in the past.

11-08-09 09:49 PM
    Or there's always craigslist.
    For prepay you can check out www.vzw.com/prepay
    11-08-09 10:03 PM
    What if your phone gets lost or stolen? Can you get any phone you want at the 1yr pricing or does it have to be the same phone? Cos I would imagine that pple would say the "lost" their phone and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest out there

11-09-09 12:07 AM
    It is a policy...just not one widely advertised for obvious reasons. If it's not offered to you then just ask, because as long as your phone is damaged, you have no insurance and not eligible to upgrade you can get the one yr pricing. Just keep in mind that doing so resets your upgrade date so pick a phone that you want to keep for the next 2 yrs.
    No. It's not policy. 100% discretion.
    11-09-09 02:06 PM
    The previous program where full retail could be offered with 25% off was 100% discretion. We can now proactively offer the 1 yr pricing instead of using it as a last resort.
    11-09-09 03:54 PM
    The previous program where full retail could be offered with 25% off was 100% discretion. We can now proactively offer the 1 yr pricing instead of using it as a last resort.
    Exactly. It can be offered. It's not set in stone nor is it VZW policy.
    11-09-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD