01-11-14 10:12 PM
36 12
tools
    This is definitely an issue for BB.. I had a very similar experience about a week ago at my local Verizon store (see thread "Now I'm really convinced..."). I wouldn't necessarily say it's BB's fault, rather that monetary incentive from other brands is likely a huge factor as far as sales are concerned.
    08-30-13 10:01 PM
    Hi All,
    I've been following Crackberry for quite some time, but never felt the need to post up until now, just could find the time to do a decent write up, the following is not what I intended to be my debut. I just want other users, especially those on Verizon to please confirm this: when shopping on Verizon Wireless website if you set the key features to include "Physical Keyboard" the Q10 does not show up. Is this a glitch on my end? ( I doubt it). I've noticed that about a month ago when the lack of carrier support was more avidly discussed.
    On another note, when did the Z10 get the "ship by 9/5" tag, is Verizon short on devices?
    Since I've found the time to post I will definitely follow up with Verizon on the oversight on their shopping filter, but I would appreciate that other users do the same.
    09-02-13 01:32 AM
    I rock a bb10 device as my work phone and that hasn't really stopped a slew of returns for me. A lot of people who got the new BlackBerry phones were people who switched from a legacy BlackBerry to an iPhone or Android. They relied on a lot of apps that BlackBerry just doesn't have, and most did not have the know-how to side load android apks onto their device. They were all very happy with the phone except for the app gap. I think if the new os10 with the native ability to side load ever gets released that will fix a lot of the return problems. The real issue with the high return rate is that there just isn't enough of a reason to justify switching from another platform to BlackBerry 10 yet. I emphasize the yet. I never got a return from someone upgrading from a legacy device so I assume this is the problem from my experiences on the sales floor.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:15 PM
    The guy tried to talk me out of the BlackBerry too when I went to replace me dead 9930 about a month ago. He asked me what I wanted and I said I wanted to see the z10 and z30. His response...."why do you want a BlackBerry". He proceed to try to sell me that huge Galaxy s5. I just can't have a phone that big...and if I could it would be the z30.

Z10
    12-16-13 08:15 PM
    I don't know why Verizon is down playing BlackBerry. I believe it is the individuals at the store. I talked to a representative from Verizon and they said that the employee are not supposed to be talking bad about any product they sell. I reported the Verizon store close to me. They tried to get me to switch to a Galaxy like my wife how ever I will stick to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:22 PM
    The answer I get most often is that the reps were excited to sell the Z10 when it launched as even they were looking for a new toy. However, they started getting a lot of returns. Returns take away from selling. So now when customers come in they sell them phones they perceive to have the least problems. They don't realize that BlackBerry has worked out a lot of kinks. Sounds like BS to me, but you never know.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    cocoastclair likes this.
    12-18-13 10:27 PM
    The guy tried to talk me out of the BlackBerry too when I went to replace me dead 9930 about a month ago. He asked me what I wanted and I said I wanted to see the z10 and z30. His response...."why do you want a BlackBerry". He proceed to try to sell me that huge Galaxy s5. I just can't have a phone that big...and if I could it would be the z30.

Z10
    Would have liked you to reply "why don't you want to sell me a BlackBerry? " and see what he says.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:16 PM
    ^^^^ yea that would have been a good response

Z10
    12-22-13 08:45 PM
    I was Christmas shopping over the weekend. I Walked into a Verizon store at the mall with hopes to see a z30 in person and didn't see any blackberries. I asked the sales rep if they had the z30 in yet and he just gave me this look and said "I'm sorry sir, we are a premium retailer and thus only carry premium handsets". Then he proceeded to tell me that blackberry is a dead company and their products are obsolete and that they are going out of businesses (if I had a nickel every time a sales rep at verizon, att, or sprint has said this to me over the last two years.........). He eventually told me I should try a different Verizon store.

It's just so annoying when they say that kind of stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 08:38 AM
    What doesn't make sense.. If they aren't going to push BlackBerry then why get an exclusivity on the z30???

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    12-24-13 11:21 AM
    What doesn't make sense.. If they aren't going to push BlackBerry then why get an exclusivity on the z30???

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it was an exclusivity but that no one else wanted it. They just ran with it because they could. If it was an exclusive you would see Verizon pushing it much harder than they are, just like AT&T does with Lumias

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    01-11-14 10:12 PM
36 12