08-29-09 03:44 AM
114 ... 345
tools
    dad: i actually enjoyed your post.

if my blackberry wasn't through work, I would definitely still have my original enV. I was excited at first when work gave me a BB but that passed by very quickly because of the battery pulls.
    Thanks - it kills me how people take criticism of a device so personally. Too many people place value in the oddest of places. It is sad, really.

Buy hey, if that BlackBerry is free through work, you can't beat free. Although BlackBerry can't beat, or even come close to matching, LG's reliability, I like the free part. ;D
    08-16-09 11:14 PM
    "The other thing I find just plain ******** is the fact Palm litteraly hacked their way into getting the Pre to sync with iTunes. Making their device ID show up as an Apple phone. That's just plain hiliarious."

so what if they hacked it? they are smart. they set the phone to have two USB vendor IDs....why doesnt RIM do that...

i have tons of DRM protected music, it means a lot to me. I dont have time to remove the data rights management.
    08-17-09 12:03 AM
    so what if they hacked it? they are smart. they set the phone to have two USB vendor IDs....why doesnt RIM do that...
    Definitely. It is a restriction set by Apple and Palm worked around it much the same way Rhapsody worked around the iTunes barrier a few years ago. Opera and Firefox does it in an attempt to get around sites optimized for other browsers. I would have thought someone supposedly as bright, knowledgeable and experienced with phones and computers like Mrspock claims to be would have figured that out. But then again, people like him don't care about truth, only bluster, shuck, jive and BS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:38 AM
    "The other thing I find just plain ******** is the fact Palm litteraly hacked their way into getting the Pre to sync with iTunes. Making their device ID show up as an Apple phone. That's just plain hiliarious."

i have tons of DRM protected music, it means a lot to me. I dont have time to remove the data rights management.
    I also must disagree with twins...the blackberry is still very much a consumer device.....considering that RIM is now shipping more units being sold to consumers that to BES users ....that number was what 26 million......see my link in my second post....I too tried the palm pre....was not at all impressed with its build quality or its application management.......def. still a RIM fan.....and am quite sure RIM will be the dominant Smartphone producer going forward.....

oh and to the topic of MS takeover of RIM...BB FANS have faith....lmao..this despells that ..........whatever you call it

RIM Named #1 Fastest Growing Company in the World
    Last edited by larrygump; 08-18-09 at 01:18 PM.
    08-18-09 12:56 PM
    Oh and Rims stock is up in bullish day trading....81.16 up from yesterdays close at 78 and change.....yay....go rim

What RIM Should Do with BlackBerry

Whos got THE top selling smartphone?.......RIM of course.....

100 Fastest-Growing Companies 2009: Research In Motion - RIMM - from FORTUNE
    Last edited by larrygump; 08-18-09 at 01:22 PM.
    08-18-09 12:59 PM
    & fastest growing company in the world!!

08-18-09 01:32 PM
    I also must disagree with twins...the blackberry is still very much a consumer device.....considering that RIM is now shipping more units being sold to consumers that to BES users ....
    Like more pickups being sold to moms than contactors? Does this mean a Ford F is a better family car than Taurus or Flex?
    Fastest growing means nothing. If you start with 100 last year and do 200 this year, you're griowing faster than if you did a 1000 last year and 1500 this year but the actual numbers are more meaningful. Last year Apple was the fastest growing. It was only a short number of years ago that Sprint and Alltel were the fastest growing. I remember when Packard Bell was fastest. Looking at that and the upcoming offerings, it is easy to see the BB fad fading rapidly.

08-18-09 01:43 PM
    & fastest growing company in the world!!

as austin powers said........I thank you very much!!!!!!!
    08-18-09 01:46 PM
    Regardless of "growth," WM remains the number one selling smartphone platform worldwide. HTC makes about as many phones as does RIM - but individual models can't exceed BlackBerry numbers because RIM doesn't make as many models as does HTC.

Then toss in other manufacturers like Samsung, Motorola, Nokia - each with much larger financial bases & it isn't hard to see why BlackBerry models appear in the top ten, while other platforms may not see as good a showing. Simply count the number of current WM or Symbian models in production compared to BlackBerry. We are talking literally dozens of WM devices, compared with a handful of BlackBerrys.

Of course, Apple enjoys the exposure of high sales - numbers are divided across exactly one model. This trumps RIM.

Now also take into consideration the fact the average WM & Symbian user keeps their devices much longer than does the average BlackBerry owner - are BlackBerry users so unhappy with their phones that they are always looking for something better?

Fewer models, users upgrading/changing sooner, adds up to higher numbers per model.

Lastly, insiders suspect RIM doesn't back returns/warranties out of their sales numbers, as other makers do - an easy thing to do when the actual cost to produce a BlackBerry is far lower than the cost to produce a Nokia. A little financial wizardry, a bit of creative accounting, plus some cooking of the books can inflate numbers.

08-19-09 02:49 AM
    hey i just wanted to introduce myself :P
    08-26-09 04:17 PM
    hey i just wanted to introduce myself :P
    WHAT???????
    08-26-09 04:22 PM
    WHAT???????
    i think he was trying to say hi.
    08-27-09 06:06 PM
    If all of you feel that way about the Blackberry, then why do you have one and why are you on this site. I have been a BB user for approximately 14 months and would not consider any other device for personal or business use.
    08-27-09 07:31 PM
    If all of you feel that way about the Blackberry, then why do you have one and why are you on this site. I have been a BB user for approximately 14 months and would not consider any other device for personal or business use.
    10) Because I have BlackBerrys, doesn't mean I have to drink the BlackBerry KoolAid.

9) Because I have BlackBerrys, and know them, I shouldn't feel out of place here.

8) I have currenly operating smartphones using most platforms.

7) I would rather be honest than popular.

6) Because BlackBerrys were once good

5) What once was, doesn't mean always will

4) I am a glutton for punishment

3) They attract blondes

2) I like dabbling with old technology

And the number one reason I post anti-BlackBerry stuff on a BlackBerry-centric site...

1) I enjoy causing trouble

The preceding was semi-serious, part humor. BlackBerry was once good, but will be too major an investment to bring the OS up to date, much less compete with tomorrow.

08-29-09 03:44 AM
114 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD