01-13-09 08:35 AM
57 123
tools
    I definitely think you should be told what is changing on your plan by the customer service rep in addition to reading the fine print that you are signing. I am OCD about knowing what I am buying when it comes to major purchases/changes (and yes changing my cell phone falls into that category) so I do as much research as I can prior to making my purchase. We all learn lessons throughout life and maybe this is one for you. I purchased my Xterra at 21 which was my first new car purchase and got scr*wed on my warranty because I didn't read the fine print (and the dealer was being shady to make a deal) but I learned my lesson and it won't happen again. Sorry you are getting some bashing but honestly take it with a grain of salt- I have seen much worse on here. On the other hand it's nice to see there are Sarah supporters out there live and well. Good luck with your phone- like you said its an addiction! Now if only we could get more info on the new blackberry coming out this spring!
    01-04-09 01:41 PM
    I knew about the data plan being needed but I got screwed by Verizon in a different way. When I bought my Curve I specifically asked whether I could use it as a modem tethered to my laptop. I was told yes. With my old phone (motorola krzr) I could tether it and use it as a modem with no extra cost. The speed was incredibly slow but it worked nonetheless. Now I have the Curve and I am spending $30/mo for an "unlimited data plan" but I can't use it as a modem.
    01-12-09 08:46 PM
    I knew about the data plan being needed but I got screwed by Verizon in a different way. When I bought my Curve I specifically asked whether I could use it as a modem tethered to my laptop. I was told yes. With my old phone (motorola krzr) I could tether it and use it as a modem with no extra cost. The speed was incredibly slow but it worked nonetheless. Now I have the Curve and I am spending $30/mo for an "unlimited data plan" but I can't use it as a modem.
    You weren't screwed by VZW. You got lucky. If you were using your Krzr as a modem, then you should have been paying for that service. You must have found a loophole somewhere. Also, had you been paying for it like you were supposed to, then you would have had broadband speeds assuming you live in a broadband coverage area.

You were the one cheating. VZW didn't cheat you.
    01-13-09 12:07 AM
    I went into a Verizon store shopping and looking at the Storm and no one said a thing about the data plan. I happened to be talking to my corporate Verizon rep at work and he mentioned it to me.
    01-13-09 12:17 AM
    At the end of the day it is the responsibility of the rep to to spoon feed the customer details. I'm sure that VZW doesn't waste their time and money training reps in their service products for any other reason. I personally think that you should receive a credit and VZW should quickly lend itself to doing so. After all, what's the worst that could happen? They might make you happy and make even more money once you're officially subscribed to the data plan? I don't see the business sense in telling you to just downgrade your phone and service.

Sorry to hear about your issues with VZW though, I know the feeling as I was involved in a similar situation regarding my first smart phone. The only advice that I can lend you is to keep calling and try a manager at another location. I went through all sorts of aggravation to have my issue resolved, even had CSR's call me a liar and one hang up on me. Eventually I found the right person(s) and charges associated were credited. VZW customer service is touch and go, sometimes you get some really great reps and others not so much. Keep calling you'll eventually find someone who is willing to help.
    01-13-09 07:56 AM
    If you want the phone to work they do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What does that mean, work like a BB should---well of course. However, I know SEVERAL people with TMO and they have BBs w/o a data plan and the PHONE works just fine!
    01-13-09 08:34 AM
    You can use it as modem---YOU JUST HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!
    01-13-09 08:35 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD