Ok so let me make this very clear; i did not upgrade! I was inquiring regarding the z10 back in april as for the pre-order and i was very close to purchasing the phone but i never did. the next week i look at my data plan and realize that its been lowered to 2GB data plan instead of the unlimited data plan that i've had for years now. i brought it up to verizon's attention but they give me the run around.

i'd like to know if this has happen to anyone. how did you deal with it? what options do i have? i've been tethering through my playbook and its great. any help would be much appreciated.
    05-30-13 10:32 AM
    Ok so let me make this very clear; i did not upgrade! I was inquiring regarding the z10 back in april as for the pre-order and i was very close to purchasing the phone but i never did. the next week i look at my data plan and realize that its been lowered to 2GB data plan instead of the unlimited data plan that i've had for years now. i brought it up to verizon's attention but they give me the run around.

i'd like to know if this has happen to anyone. how did you deal with it? what options do i have? i've been tethering through my playbook and its great. any help would be much appreciated.
    Hi Welcome to CrackBerry!
    I have never heard of them changing your plan if you don't upgrade but did you activate a new device on their service? If you did its the same as upgrading. You say all you did was to inquire. If that is the case, you would need to keep calling to ask what is going on. I do understand they are trying to get everyone on a per GB plan....
    05-30-13 10:41 AM
    I activated my new Z 10 on VZW that I paid full retail for and they left my unlimited in place. I did it at a Verizon Store and was the first thing I asked about before I put the full price down as i had an upgrade available. I would bulldog CS and see if you can get it changed.
    05-30-13 11:02 AM
    Right. Paying full retail leaves the plan untouched. Upgrading changes it.

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    jonassabatini likes this.
    05-30-13 03:28 PM
    Hi Welcome to CrackBerry!I have never heard of them changing your plan if you don't upgrade but did you activate a new device on their service? If you did its the same as upgrading. You say all you did was to inquire. If that is the case, you would need to keep calling to ask what is going on. I do understand they are trying to get everyone on a per GB plan....
    If they just activate a phone on their service, that would not be the same as upgrading would it? I am planning on doing the full purchase as well to keep my unlimited.
    05-30-13 05:17 PM
    The unlimited plans were 3G, if you put a LTE phone on they will change your plan
    05-30-13 05:24 PM
    Travez. You were very lucky as that is against vzw policy, that rep most likely heard about it
    05-30-13 05:25 PM
    I would definitely call Verizon because that is really weird.

Also Putting an LTE phone on a unlimited plan does not change it to anything. It stays unlimited, I have done it like 3 different times and I still have mine.

If you have a family plan, and your family member does not have unlimited or use a smart phone. You can upgrade their phone line and activate phone on that line you did upgrade for. Then reactivate that phone that was on the line previously, then activate that new phone on the line you have unlimited on and it will keep unlimited plan with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    azredryder likes this.
    05-30-13 06:20 PM
    I also had the same issue with Verizon. Other than the exorbitant fees and costs, I ended up canceling my service (3 lines) after they pulled the same move after I purchased an iPhone and took it into the store for activation. I got infuriated with customer service giving me the run around with every excuse in the company handbook. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you don't have to deal with the same garbage I endured.
    05-30-13 06:41 PM
    I did not activate a new device.
    05-30-13 10:04 PM
    I pre ordered my Z10, paid full price, kept my unlimited plan. I did see something about the unlimited being phased out (even us grandfathered in).
    05-31-13 03:29 PM
    I did not activate a new device.
    If you did not put your signature in any new papers (or electronic pad/field), or activate a new device, then they cannot change anything as you did not authorize or accept new terms. Keep calling and eventually they will fix, don't give up.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    05-31-13 09:34 PM
    I have never understood the people who obsess on keeping an old "unlimited" VZW plan (which never really was "unlimited" - VZW never had such a thing, always had limits and caveats), when the differential in the price of a subsidized via non-subsidized smartphone is oftentimes around $500, a figure that I cannot imagine ever recovering over the course of the usual 2-yr VZW contract term. (Given the price of current tiered data plans, and the fact that you can't just peg your "unlimited" plan to 50GB/mo or something. If you try to do that with any regularity they will either throttle your speed, force you to change plans, or kick you off entirely.)
    05-31-13 11:42 PM
    I would agree with you, except that in this case he didn't even benefit from the $500 subsidized cost difference savings... so, he can't even use your (otherwise generally true) rationalization as consolation. ... :/

I have never understood the people who obsess on keeping an old "unlimited" VZW plan (which never really was "unlimited" - VZW never had such a thing, always had limits and caveats), when the differential in the price of a subsidized via non-subsidized smartphone is oftentimes around $500, a figure that I cannot imagine ever recovering over the course of the usual 2-yr VZW contract term. (Given the price of current tiered data plans, and the fact that you can't just peg your "unlimited" plan to 50GB/mo or something. If you try to do that with any regularity they will either throttle your speed, force you to change plans, or kick you off entirely.)

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 12:35 AM
    I would agree with you, except that in this case he didn't even benefit from the $500 subsidized cost difference savings... so, he can't even use your (otherwise generally true) rationalization as consolation. ... :/

I know, I was making a general point about the value of such plans.

I have been touting the wisdom of Verizon for years now when it comes to their unwillingness to push open-ended "unlimited data" plans, because it's a stupid marketing ploy and you end up eating your words or just blatantly lying to your customers and then trying to tap-dance your way out of it after people actually start trying to use it.

Ever since the beginning Verizon always had fine-print associated with their "unlimited" plans, which means they were being more responsible about managing their capacity and performance. That is just one of the things that has distinguished them, in my view, from most of their competitors. AT&T under-invested in their network for years, and finally had to begrudgingly start investing real money in it after the complaints about dropped-calls and under-capacity threatened to drive their lucrative iPhone customers away. They just pulled that off, barely - brinksmanship at its finest.
    06-01-13 02:10 AM
    I called CS, I went to 2 different stores and all said I could keep it if I paid full price. Also moving to 4G does not take your unlimited away. I had several in depth conversations online and over the phone before I did it. And all said the same.
    06-01-13 03:43 PM
    Because swapping to a tiered plan in my household would cause my bill to go up at least $50 a month and then i would have to constantly keep a watch on data usage. While 3g unlimited may get throttled at a certain threshold (I have never experienced this) LTE does not.

So I prefer to keep my unlimited on all 3 lines and save money
    06-04-13 07:25 PM
    I called CS, I went to 2 different stores and all said I could keep it if I paid full price. Also moving to 4G does not take your unlimited away. I had several in depth conversations online and over the phone before I did it. And all said the same.
    You are correct, I am not sure why someone mentioned you were in error.
    06-05-13 10:40 AM
    Verizon can restore your unlimited data, however your ordinary customer service agent cannot do it. If your unlimited data was really removed in error they need to escalate your request to a special offline team that will investigate and place the unlimited data feature back on your plan.

It has been awhile since I worked on VZW help-desk, but they use a system proprietary to their billing systems called ACSS, basically is a CS rep tried to add the 29.99 UNL WEB feature code back to your plan ACSS will tell them the feature is incompatible with your plan. So it has to be handled by a team with elevated privileges in ACSS.
    07-24-13 12:36 PM
    File a complaint with eh FCC.... I received a phone call from the Office of the (verizon) President in 3 days. I rec'd a new 64 GB S3, a new Motorola Raz Maxx, Otter box, dual USB car charger etc FOR FREE. V doesn't want complaints filed, period. They rape us constantly, forced us onto data to begin with and now cry that haven't the capacity to service the very people who begged NOT to be placed on data plans. Furthermore, with LTE the tower equipment for the expansion is 1/10th the cost of the 3g equipment NO EXCUSE CORP AMERICA..Get off your butts and SERVICE ME !!!!
    I truly feel that the cable, satellite and cellular companies have been raping us and providing terrible service using unethical tactics for years ....TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !!
    08-25-13 08:34 AM
    The unlimited plans were 3G, if you put a LTE phone on they will change your plan
    That is not true. You can go from a 3G unlimited to a 4G unlimited plan no problem. I've helped customers do this quite a few times.

Posted via CB10
    imandroid likes this.
    12-03-13 10:17 PM