10-11-10 02:45 AM
37 12
tools
    lol kellyj,,, no I meant i was confused at your quote of me and then you saying apparently so.

I myself cant recall that I could lock every phone that I owned.
    10-06-10 02:31 PM
    Not confused at all. I've just never owned a phone I couldn't lock, and that goes way back to 1995 or 6. Can't remember. Back to when Voicestream was six months old, obviously not a smart phone.

I do see that VZW has admitted to some software issues, but I really have doubts that they were trying to rob anyone. The truth will reveal itself in the end.
    Sigh, apparently you have never owned an ENV3 or simliar class of phone. Because it's not about user error, it's not about locking the phone, it's about Verizon programming. My family plan includes a number of phones, each of which has had this problem multiple times.

The truth has already revealed itself, they are ponying up the money.
    10-06-10 02:52 PM
    Sigh, apparently you have never owned an ENV3 or simliar class of phone. Because it's not about user error, it's not about locking the phone, it's about Verizon programming. My family plan includes a number of phones, each of which has had this problem multiple times.

The truth has already revealed itself, they are ponying up the money.
    That's why I was curious about the time frame in which these unwanted charges occurred. We (I'm speaking of both my personal family plan, and our business plan) have had several different types of the "mobile web enabled" phones over the last 3 or 4 years... EnV's of all 3 types, Motorola Razrs, Samsung... and have always seen the message I referenced earlier... the pre-download advisory about what charges would be incurred. Did these unwanted/accidental charges affect your phones recently?
    10-07-10 01:22 AM
    To the people defending VZW saying people should not hit the button.

Its not that easy. Say you have a VZW pushed app on your phone such as NFL mobile, you get curious like humm why did VZW send me a app, let me check it out. Now you check it out thinking its not data based and as soon as you open it, the app connects to the internet..

WHAM BAM data charge for the month..

Its unfair
    10-07-10 04:26 AM
    To the people defending VZW saying people should not hit the button.

Its not that easy. Say you have a VZW pushed app on your phone such as NFL mobile, you get curious like humm why did VZW send me a app, let me check it out. Now you check it out thinking its not data based and as soon as you open it, the app connects to the internet..

WHAM BAM data charge for the month..

Its unfair
    We are not talking about blackberrys here people... we are talking about dumb phones that are mobile web ready. We are not talking about phones with mandatory data plans.

As far as I know only blackberrys and smartphones which require data anyway get the pushed apps.

And someone thinking that something like nfl mobile is not data based, Come on.....
    10-07-10 09:16 AM
    That's why I was curious about the time frame in which these unwanted charges occurred. We (I'm speaking of both my personal family plan, and our business plan) have had several different types of the "mobile web enabled" phones over the last 3 or 4 years... EnV's of all 3 types, Motorola Razrs, Samsung... and have always seen the message I referenced earlier... the pre-download advisory about what charges would be incurred. Did these unwanted/accidental charges affect your phones recently?
    The issue hasn't happened "recently". It started happened after I switched to the Nationwide plan.
    10-07-10 10:46 AM
    I have to laugh. The amount of $2 to $6 bucks a person for those that qualify. This will be applied as a credit to the account or if you are not with VZW anymore a check sent I am sure. Do not spend it all one place.
    10-08-10 12:43 PM
    A whole $6...well I give Verizon $180+ every month for everything I have so sweet...I can skip a month now /sarcasm. Kind of reminds me of the last class action "payout" I got....

Cost them more to mail it then the check is worth...priceless.
    10-08-10 10:27 PM
    ^^^^^^^ thats awesome. I wouldnt even take that to the bank,,, id be ashamed
    10-09-10 09:23 AM
    ^^^^^^^ thats awesome. I wouldnt even take that to the bank,,, id be ashamed
    I took it my bank just for laughs and they would've charged me a $1 to cash it...LOL I ripped it up.
    10-09-10 05:11 PM
    The issue hasn't happened "recently". It started happened after I switched to the Nationwide plan.
    Oh, OK. Thanks for the info...I was trying to remember when those web-access apps first came out, and I'm thinking it was 2006 - 2007, since I remember V-cast being available on the RAZR and EnV.
    10-10-10 07:14 PM
    To bad Verizon has to come to a settlement to pay millions of people millions of dollars because they "accidentally" went on the internet. You don't accidentally do that.
    I will tell you how you accidentally do that, one convenience key (up arrow) if it gets accidentally pressed on the Env touch, opens the internet. And even if you quickly press the end key, we would get charged. Finally figured out how to change the preference for that key. Didnt know it was possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 02:45 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD