I purchased the phone during the REBATE period but was also given the "SIGNING" discount.

I submitted my form which the local shop printed out with the duplicate receipt. The other day I got a Postcard saying that the rebate was rejected since I had already received a discount and that the rebate could NOT be combined with any other special offer.

I called the number on the postcard and was just told I could not get the rebate since I had received the corporate discount.

The shop assured me when I purchased the phone that I was eligible for the rebate as well as the discount. I am heading to the shop today but am not a happy camper or bb-user, at the moment.

Now as more background about the rebate offer: I had first started to purchase the phone at another verizon store but backed off after I found that I had to get the $$ data service. But all processing had occurred and I also got the rebate form on that transaction and was also assured that I was eligible. I did cancel that sale and gave the $$ data costs a few more days of mulling and then decided to purchase. So two shops assured me that the rebate was available.

Anyone else run into this issue? How have you handled it?

("buyer beware" will not make me happy with this bait-and-switch!)

(I edited the subject to show that it ended well as further replies will show below)
    Last edited by F2; 03-12-08 at 01:10 PM.
    03-12-08 09:50 AM
    I hope you got the name of the person who told you that, and ask them make good on their word.
    03-12-08 09:57 AM
    was it a direct verizon store (corporate owned) or and indirect that you purchased at?
    03-12-08 10:01 AM
    i agreem i would definitely get the name of the rep that told you this information. when i got my bb, i somewhat double dipped but i still got my rebate. i got a $50 discount to buy the accessories and then the $100 rebate. i hope everything works out!
    03-12-08 10:02 AM
    Yeah, get the name of the basket that did you dirty. This is my first post from my BB btw.
    03-12-08 10:16 AM
    My $50 rebate from T-Mobile was rejected, too. I mailed it in about 3 weeks before the due date and they didn't even bother opening it until a week after that date. I was not happy!! Those $#@%!&*$ !!!
    03-12-08 10:32 AM
    An official Verizon store. I still have his business card.

Of course, the real problem is that I now like the phone and don't want to get into a - "return the phone if you are unhappy about the rebate issue!"

I'll let folks know how this turns out.
    03-12-08 10:35 AM
    My $50 rebate from T-Mobile was rejected, too. I mailed it in about 3 weeks before the due date and they didn't even bother opening it until a week after that date. I was not happy!! Those $#@%!&*$ !!!
    I hope you gave T-mobile an earful. There is something they can always do about it but it depends how high up on the ladder you go to pursue it.
    03-12-08 10:59 AM
    Along the lines of Garz' post, you may want to consider finding out the name of the store's District Manager and logging a complaint/making your case with that person, too. I have a friend who works at VZW and she always recommends complaining to the DM in order to get results. The store rep will refer your situation to the store manager, who will (of course) be inclined to believe their employee's account over yours, so it might be worthwhile for you to start a little higher up the ladder and let them work their way down the chain.

Good luck!
    03-12-08 11:47 AM
    I hope you gave T-mobile an earful. There is something they can always do about it but it depends how high up on the ladder you go to pursue it.
    Complain to your state's attorney general about what they did to you. I bet they will then be more than happy to give you the rebate, since they screwed you in the first place. That's all it takes. Be nice and explain it to the attorney general. The last thing any cellular provider wants is someone in government breathing down their neck. When my parents had issues with T-Mobile and my sister being at college and having to stand in the middle of the street to get a cellular signal, that and the FCC is who I complained to. The following week a T-Mobile exec called my house, told my parents they were letting them out of the contract early, and asked that they tell the FCC and the state attorney general that their problem had been resolved. Needless to say they are at Verizon now. Just a suggestion.
    03-12-08 12:06 PM
    After only a little bit of "well, the rebate clearly states.... no other offers..." and " the rebate form should not even have printed..."

I kindly pointed out that I purchased based on the rebate price and was assured when I asked about the various discounts being coupled together.

The store manager was quite gracious, saying I was a long time customer (10 years) and that I don't use my phone very much....I got $100.00 credit to my account for next billing period(s).

Verizon, at least, this shop, gets a POSITIVE review.
    03-12-08 01:08 PM
    Glad to hear! Ya I had a little drama with vzw too about a refund... But 2 months and some nagging later and it was all solved... So i'm a happy camper... By the way I was veet nice and patient... Cuz being rude and evil gets you nothing! But as for that comment on tmo... Every time I got a phone my rebate was rejected... Even when I complied with everything.... Bla yay verizon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 01:26 PM
    I purchased the phone during the REBATE period but was also given the "SIGNING" discount.

I submitted my form which the local shop printed out with the duplicate receipt. The other day I got a Postcard saying that the rebate was rejected since I had already received a discount and that the rebate could NOT be combined with any other special offer.

I called the number on the postcard and was just told I could not get the rebate since I had received the corporate discount.

The shop assured me when I purchased the phone that I was eligible for the rebate as well as the discount. I am heading to the shop today but am not a happy camper or bb-user, at the moment.

Now as more background about the rebate offer: I had first started to purchase the phone at another verizon store but backed off after I found that I had to get the $$ data service. But all processing had occurred and I also got the rebate form on that transaction and was also assured that I was eligible. I did cancel that sale and gave the $$ data costs a few more days of mulling and then decided to purchase. So two shops assured me that the rebate was available.

Anyone else run into this issue? How have you handled it?

("buyer beware" will not make me happy with this bait-and-switch!)

(I edited the subject to show that it ended well as further replies will show below)
    Cant be worse than waiting for a rebate and the company that was issuing them goes bankrupt so you are out of it.
    03-12-08 01:54 PM
    when i got my 8830 i had a corporate discount (thanks mom) and all these rebates including a new every two and a hundred dollar rebate and another one, my berry ended up being only $100
    03-12-08 05:56 PM
    Wow this is all crazy !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 07:39 PM
    when i got my 8830 i had a corporate discount (thanks mom) and all these rebates including a new every two and a hundred dollar rebate and another one, my berry ended up being only $100
    That is the price I was expecting after the various discounts and REBATE were applied to my 8830. And, if the $100.00 credit appears on my account, that will ultimately be the price I paid. So yours was processed without any issues? Good for you.

As for the poster who indicated this is crazy - yup, that's generally the scheme behind rebates - gambling!!!!
    03-12-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD