11-01-09 11:56 AM
31 12
tools
    I have tmo now and love it! I mean I would marry tmo if I could but I hate losing a call and so does my hubby.... Is verizons coverage really that much better? Please help thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-07 11:43 PM
    Depends. At my house AT&T gets iffy service while Verizon pulls a full 5 bars. At school, since the newer buildings are made from steel and act as a big Faraday cage, I can still pull at least 3 bars.

Verizon rocks on the BB side - EVDO rules. I'm not a fan of their regular phones with the Verizon OS...
    Last edited by Hollister; 10-26-07 at 11:55 PM.
    10-26-07 11:51 PM
    My sales territory covers MI, OH, PA, NJ, DE, MD, and VA. With the exception of the hills of WV, and some spotty areas along the Ohio Turnpike, I NEVER drop calls with Verizon. Years ago, I had VoiceStream and then both AT&T and Cingular and was frustrated by their service. I have heard that they have gotten better since the merger, but I cannot justify leaving VZW. Even considering that VZW is more expensive and does not offer the Curve, their annoying commercials are true, it is the network...

I don't know anyone with T-Moblie so I cannot speak to their coverage. I can say confidently that VZW is the best, most robust coverage I've had over the last 10 years that I've had a cell phone.

Just my $0.02
    10-27-07 12:00 AM
    Verizon in the sticks of central New Hampshire, here. 5 bars INSIDE THE HOUSE... No other carrier even gets close to that in New Hampshire.
    10-27-07 07:42 AM
    You get what you pay for is true with wireless carriers. I'll never forget the time I went to BestBuy a few years back and was just browsing phones, like I enjoy doing. I happen to be looking at a Sprint phone and the employee came up to me to offer help. The first thing he asked me very carefully is "do you have good credit?" I say, "ummm...yes..." Then he said, "do you have a job?" I started thinking, what the heck is he asking all this for??? After I said "YES" he said "then why are you looking at Sprint, you should be looking at Verizon". Those few minutes really summed it up for me. People in the industry all know which carrrier is tops.

Anyway, just thought i'd share my experience. -thanks
    10-27-07 10:17 AM
    I am with Verizon and I have to say its the best service provider out there. I had Sprint before and they turned by phone off for 15 cents back in 99. I had Tmobile and they sucked as well. I live in NYC and I can't get service underground on the trains and every where else and I must say they have the best customer service. Their plans are pricey but you get what you pay for.

10-27-07 11:43 AM
    Thanks yall...

11-05-07 09:02 PM
    I'm a cingular/ATT girl, and have not had even one problem. The service is great and the customer service is phenomenal. There's also the fact that I get a discount because of where I work.......I had Sprint/Nextel, and was happy with them as well....until it was time to upgrade. I think it's ridiculous in this day and age of customers being ready, willing and able to jump ship that Carriers won't do all in their power to keep their old customers, but Sprint/Nextel wanted to charge me stupid rates to get a BB......so I went looking for a better deal and found one with Cingular/ATT.

Oh and I love the "rollover" feature. It means I can have nominal minutes and still talk as much as I like.
    11-05-07 09:36 PM
    Every carrier has their pros and cons. Certain carriers work well in areas that Verizon won't. Thats just the way it is. The best advice I can give you is ask your friends, family, neighbors what carrier they are using and how happy or dissatisfied they are with them. Go with what works best in your area and will suit your needs.
    11-06-07 11:28 AM
    I was with verizon for 7 years before I switched to T-MO. Here in Cincinnati they are about the same coverage wise. Verizon is very much more expensive as T-MO though.
    11-06-07 11:47 AM
    I'm with AT&T because they have the best coverage in my area. Checked out other carriers, Verizon and TMO included, but the coverage in my area was not there. IMHO, carrier choice depends on your geographic location and that carrier's presence there and wherever you consider traveling.
    11-06-07 12:42 PM
    It all depends on your area.
    My cousin has Verizon and lives in Dallas she has it because thats who she works for but has to admit that at her place in Dallas and at mine ( I live in the burbs of Houston Metro) she cant keep a signal.

However AT&T/Cingular were the only ones at the time you could get a good signal in our area. I can keep my signal in an elevator many times depending on the bldg and how many floors it is.
    I know Sprint wasnt budging anytime soon (that was 3 yrs ago they could have improved by now) to get more towers in the are so I had to drop them.

I would imagine as the population spreads and the need of service coverage would get better.
    11-06-07 01:41 PM
    Ditto what SK1 said. It really depends on your location, your needs and what level of customer service you expect.

We have been with all the carriers available in our area -- Verizon and AT&T had decent customer service but did not work well at our house. Nextel was great until they merged with Sprint and then we couldn't get any kind of service (the phones actually said "NO SERVICE") at our house and many areas and the customer service was horrendous. We only stayed with Nextel as long as we did because the walkie was convenient for my husband's work.

We finally had enough and dumped Nextel and tried T-Mobile and were immediately impressed with the great customer service. They are the only carrier that works in the cellphone vortex we call home. We never have dropped calls on T-Mo and so far we've always had great reception wherever we've been across the country. And their prices are really good as well.
    11-06-07 02:22 PM
    I went to ATT for a little while. Got two new red curves for $50 each. really go them to help me switch. Used them both for one week and returned them to go back to my old 8703 brick and Verizon. We live in Michigan and the service through Verizon is really great. I wanted a curve bad so that tells you something about Verizon.
    11-06-07 02:24 PM
    I was an AT&T customer for years, until I wanted to upgrade to a new phone (I had an old Nokia that was falling apart). I was on a pre-paid plan at the time, as I didn't want to get locked into a contract. I called AT&T to have them send me a phone, knowing I would pay full retail price for it, but they would not send it to me without signing a contract, and paying a $700 deposit!! I asked for a supervisor, who then got VERY RUDE with me, so I told them to shove the phone, and their service! I went to Radio Shack, got two phones with Verizon (one was the Verizon model of the phone I wanted), a family share plan, and NO deposit. I have never once looked back. That was ~4 years ago. Verizon CS has been great. The coverage here on the Gulf Coast of AL is spotty in areas, but if my phone shows any amount of signal I can be assured of clear calls. And VZN is great for finding little known addresses. My boss has a Garamin GPS in his car and I find addresses he can't
    11-22-07 07:22 AM
    i think picking a provider just depends on what you need/can afford... i used to have sprint, and they had cheap plans and they had decent coverage. i also loved that i can usually talk them into giving me free phones.
    i switched to verizon because when i moved, i could not get a signal from sprint inside my apartment. granted, verizon has pricier plans, but it was worth it for me to pay the price because why would i not want my only phone to not work inside my home...
    11-27-07 08:40 PM
    Same reason I switched from AT&T. The only place I could get reception was by standing with my face almost on the window of my room on the second floor. No other room or window would work. I eventually had to move a shelf there so I could put my phone on it to get calls and messages. Being able to sit on the couch watching the game and playing with my BB is definitely worth the price.
    11-28-07 02:41 AM
    i've had verizon for 7 years.. its a bit more pricey but the service is great
    12-06-07 12:50 PM
    I have Verizon now and even though they don't have the Curve and they cripple their phones I am always impressed by their coverage. With the exception of inside my office I get coverage everywhere. So I don't think you can beat the network. The prices are high...but you really do get what you pay for. I have never really dealt with their customer service, but I think if you don't want to drop calls this is the way to go.

I myself and switching to sprint as soon as they offer the curve since I want more flexibility on my phones and plans, plus $30 data plan w/ navigation.
    12-06-07 01:32 PM
    customer service is excellent at verizon. had sprint before and it can be a little hit or miss.
    12-06-07 01:55 PM
    Verizon! Check out the Consumer Reports survey of 12 metro areas.
    12-06-07 02:23 PM
    i was with a company called AirTouch back in 1996 or so when they got folded into Verizon. so i guess i've been with them from the beginning. anyways, i've never had one truly bad experience.

their customer service is always on point, and more importantly their signal strength is awesome. i can literally be underground and make phone calls. i have friends who have AT&T and T-Mob who do the thing where they walk around the room holding their phones out in front of them looking for a signal before making a call.

that said, i also live in SoCal, so i can't speak for other parts of the country. if i could change anything, i wish VZW would get a better selection of "cooler" devices.
    12-10-07 12:32 AM
    i was with a company called AirTouch back in 1996...
    Wow! I was with them back then too. That was my first Cell Phone. The Nokia 2110. It was the size of a TV remote, I had 25 prime-time minutes a month and I was always over that.

Those were the days.
    12-10-07 03:59 AM
    Verizon...all the way! I've had Verizon as long as I can remember. I had At&T before is was Cingular, At&T/Cingular, Sprint.
    Sprint always some how came up with new hidden charges, and in my area you could not pay your bill in person at some of the stores. Was told "We are not set up to take payments"! Huh?
    At&T, I got roaming charges in excess of $100 3 months in a row in Providence RI. Guess they didn't consider that a major city.

One of the nicest things I like about Verizon is the customer service.
    Also I have my Verizon account linked to my OnStar in my truck. It has it's own number, and I'm on the family share plan so it only cost me 9.99 a month to do this. Those of you who do have Onstar and are not aware of this check it out. Just hit the blue button and ask.

Also never have I had a dropped call. Or spotty service for that matter.
    12-10-07 04:47 AM
    I have had T-Mobile and AT&T in the past, but VZ's coverage in the Northeast US is far superior. Also, the VZ data network is 3G and is a great deal faster than AT&T's.
    12-19-07 09:26 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD