I am brand new here and planning to purchase a BB (for the 1st time) Bold via Verizon for business but only if our IT Mgr is confident it will work with our 3rd party email provider readyhosting and we won't sacrifice security. I have spent time at the BB site and spoken with Verizon sales rep and a tech from Readyhosting and while both of these folks tell me it won't be a problem I'm looking for more than that.

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction on this?
    Or better yet, speak from 1st hand experience?

Our email platform is a POP3. After that the email (including outgoing messages, etc.) is maintained by readyhosting along with our company webpage.

My time on the BB site showed me that this is not a new thing for BB but I did not see Readyhosting listed among the BB 'partners' that included appriver, apptix, intermedia, etc.

Much obliged!
    08-26-10 05:39 PM
    I use readyhosting and the POP email works just fine. I set it up on Verizon's BlackBerry email page and it pushes right to my BB. If you're talking about using their Exchange Server I wouldn't know about that.
    08-26-10 07:49 PM
    Thanks for the input. I'm hoping its a non-issue so I move into the 21st century with respect to managing work outside the office.
    08-27-10 11:21 AM
    Make sure your using IMAP so you can share your mail folders with multiple devices. ReadyHosting Knowledgebase
    08-28-10 02:23 AM
    Have had my 9650 for a week and am having a great time working (playing) with it! No problems managing email which was my big concern. Thanks for the input folks!
    09-22-10 04:41 PM
    why not use google hosted apps for your email? it is by far the BEST in email!
    09-23-10 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD