I have two Verizon accts, one for my BB which has an unlimited 3g data plan. The second is a 3g broadband interface which I have hooked to a Cradlepoint WiFi device for my PB and other home computers. This also has a very old unlimited data plan. Under the just announced Verizon pay for data plans I would expect to be grandfathered to these unlimited plans. What do I have to avoid to keep these nice unlimited plans. For example can I upgrade hardware with 3G speeds and keep my plans? What would I have to do to be forced into a new limited data plan?
    06-23-11 04:46 PM
    Once you upgrade your device through Verizon you will be forced into their new data plans.
    06-23-11 06:08 PM
    Just buy your devices at full price, or from a 3rd party, then they can't force you into a new data plan.

If the new pricing rumors are true, it seems that current customers will be able to upgrade (get device at discount) and keep their current unlimited plan. It's a good question if this is true, and how long it will be avaible for.

We won't know for sure until Verizon actually anounces the plans though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 06:26 PM
    The only thing that would change your plan would be going from a 3G modem to a 4G modem other then that, you will be able to keep it for your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD