I got a packet in the mail today about a "Private Sale" going on at Verizon. Apparently the offer is only good for my cell number.

I'm after a Bold Touch, but I wanted to get it later in the year (when I get my NE2).

Didn't know if anyone else got this packet or know if it's transferable? I'd like to try and get my Mum into a BlackBerry (sooner rather than later)!
    05-27-11 02:56 PM
    I got a packet in the mail today about a "Private Sale" going on at Verizon. Apparently the offer is only good for my cell number.

I'm after a Bold Touch, but I wanted to get it later in the year (when I get my NE2).

Didn't know if anyone else got this packet or know if it's transferable? I'd like to try and get my Mum into a BlackBerry (sooner rather than later)!
    I didn't get any such packet, but you could get your mum a refurbed bold 9650. They are as cheap as $29 and I've heard the reps can be talked into letting them go without a contract extension, especially if you have a bargaining chip like the private sale thing or maybe just tell them your waiting for the bold touch for yourself and want to introduce your mum to BB. With the bold touch imminent they may want to dump 9650 stock anyway. I dunno, be creative, it's worth a shot.
    05-27-11 06:45 PM
    I got one as well, $50.00 the thunderbolt I just bought. I am going to call in and see if they will credit my account seeing how I am still within the return window on my phone.
    05-27-11 07:37 PM
    CB: They'll let a refurb go without a contract extension!? I will definitely look into that! I would like to get my Mum a new model Curve while I get the Bold Touch. She needs something entry level since this will be her first smartphone (I finally got her to text about 2 years ago now)!

ok: Would you mind letting me know what they tell you when you call? If they are flexible with the "Private Sale," that would be good to know! Heck, the Curve 3G is free during this sale - I might just get that for her now!
    05-27-11 07:57 PM
    I've never gotten anything like that. Not saying I feel like I deserve it but I've had at least 2 lines since 2002 and my "loyalty discount" is a measly $30.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 01:30 AM
    You may have the offer and just not been notified. If you ever opted out of receiving promo text messages from Verizon you wont get them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 11:12 AM
    I got the message today, for my line that's about to expire.
    The title of the e-mail was' Your loyalty is about to pay off' then went on about the 'private sale' stuff.
    Thunderbolt for $200, Curve 3G, LG Accolade and Samsung Intensity II are free.

It's just to make me extend my contract and whatnot.
    Not going to do it because I need to cut that line since no one is using it.
    05-31-11 04:05 PM

ok: Would you mind letting me know what they tell you when you call? If they are flexible with the "Private Sale," that would be good to know! Heck, the Curve 3G is free during this sale - I might just get that for her now!

I called 611 and told them I got this flyer after I bought my Thunderbolt and asked them if they would credit my account $50.00 because that is the difference than the on line price and the flyer price. After about 30 seconds of looking at my account, they in-fact credited the $50.00
    06-10-11 08:55 AM
    Both my voice lines and data card contracts are up in August I'm getting inundated with flyers, VMs and texts about upgrading $200 off, free phones, etc etc. Really getting annoying now. When the Droid Bionic drops I'll upgrade one line but I don't see any reason to get new devices on the other lines for a while.
    06-11-11 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD