If someone out there is knowledgable to share facts, not rumors, help would be appreciated.

1) I am hearing that Verizon no longer extends discounts on all lines of service for those individuals that have multi-users in the family. Because of my employer, I am afforded a monthly discount on service, equipment and accessories. I am hearing that Verizon now will only offer a discount on the MAIN line of service, not extend that discount to other lines/users on my account. I have not had a chance to check my bill.

2) I am hearing there will be a totally different price structure for the 4G service. Truth?

3) The New every 2 program is going away. So what will Verizon do to retain current subscribers and put equipment in our hands? Why bother renewing a 2 year contract if nothing will be offered?
    01-14-11 08:24 AM
    Can't speak for the 4G pricing, but I've had a company discount for several years, and it has always been only on the main line (actually, the main lines on the family plan) along with the data packages for those phones. The two additional lines (@ $9.99 each) did not receive the discount.
    01-14-11 09:29 AM
    If someone out there is knowledgable to share facts, not rumors, help would be appreciated.

1) I am hearing that Verizon no longer extends discounts on all lines of service for those individuals that have multi-users in the family. Because of my employer, I am afforded a monthly discount on service, equipment and accessories. I am hearing that Verizon now will only offer a discount on the MAIN line of service, not extend that discount to other lines/users on my
    This has been going on for some time. It's based on the agreement between VzW and the employer.

2) I am hearing there will be a totally different price structure for the 4G service. Truth?
    There has been no information released regarding the pricing structure of 4G, so anything else right now is speculation. You will just have to wait.

3) The New every 2 program is going away. So what will Verizon do to retain current subscribers and put equipment in our hands? Why bother renewing a 2 year contract if nothing will be offered?
    Currently VzW was offering early upgrades and incentives for upgrades and they will continue to do so. They may even offer upgrades for cheaper prices to older customers. The choice to stay with the carrier is always up to the consumer. If you need a phone all the time, get a 1-year contract or purchase full retail. Besides the contract is for the service not the phone and the price of equipment is already subsidized because of it.
    01-14-11 09:53 AM

1) I am hearing that Verizon no longer extends discounts on all lines of service for those individuals that have multi-users in the family. Because of my employer, I am afforded a monthly discount on service, equipment and accessories. I am hearing that Verizon now will only offer a discount on the MAIN line of service, not extend that discount to other lines/users on my account. I have not had a chance to check my bill.

-- Employee Discounts on most (if not all) plans only apply to a primary line of a family share plan. If all the phones on your account are on their own single line plans, the discount carries to them all. Accessory Discounts remain as they have (at least as I post this, they do).

-- The only confirmed 4g pricing is for Mobile broadband which matches 3g, I.E. - $50 for 5GB and $80 for 10GB. Rumors going around the mill say cell phones might not see an increase data cost but its unconfirmed yet.

-- The NE2 and Annual Upgrade programs are going away on all contracts signed Jan 16 2011 and forward but it will allow for more special upgrade promotions (example when 4G phones go live they might offer a special upgrade instead of people waiting for a normal upgrade)

Hope this helps
    01-15-11 03:19 PM
    +1 to what they said. To add to the last point, 2 year upgrades are not going away at all. The NE2 program is just an additional credit on top of the 2 year pricing. Many people seem to think VZW is getting rid of 2 year upgrades altogether, which is not the case. Nothing will change on your upgrading process besides not getting that additional $30/$50 and not being able to upgrade in month 12-19, unless VZW has some special promos. Hope this helps.
    01-15-11 06:35 PM
    Yes sorry, i missed that. I need to proof read more often

2 YR contracts still get to upgrade at 20 months and 1 year contracts at 10. I meant the NE2 credit was going away as NE2 refers to the credit not the upgrade itself.
    01-15-11 07:52 PM
    I like how they “claim“ the phone is subsidized.
    SO when I’m out of contract why don’t I get a discount on the line since the phone is paid for?

I’m just saying......
    01-15-11 09:15 PM
    I like how they claim the phone is subsidized.
    SO when Im out of contract why dont I get a discount on the line since the phone is paid for?

Im just saying......
    You don't pay monthly for a phone. You pay for the service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 10:27 PM
    SO when Im out of contract why dont I get a discount on the line since the phone is paid for?

Im just saying......
    It's incentive to sign purchase a new phone at 2-year contract pricing.
    01-17-11 07:53 AM

Im just saying......
    Smart phones usually retail for around 500+. When you sign up for a two year contract the cost drops significantly to you but Verizon still pays for that. Now yes they probably get a discount but it wont all of sudden make the phones free. Than they were adding a credit to stay with Verizon (New every two). All of this is at a loss to Verizon.

Since Verizon is now getting the Iphone and they are expecting to have a huge influx of new customers as well as people holding out on upgrades because of the iPhone AND the number of people moving to the smart phone platform they were standing to lose a lot of money at once. Yes Verizon probably can absorb the cost but they have shareholders to answer to as well as upgrading their entire system to 4G. Not to mention there may be new licensing fees with whatever gov't agency that is holding their hand out.

They are playing it safe and as much as it sucks if I were in their shoes I would do the same thing..
    01-24-11 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD