03-28-13 11:42 AM
41 12
tools
    I just spoke to a VZW rep this morning about when my Z10 should arrive, and she told me that it would ship on the 28th and then be delivered two business days later! I really hope this isn't true. I'm sure that some of you have preordered phones from VZW before, and so I pose the question to you: have the phones that you've preordered in the past been shipped to you for the actual release day?
    03-26-13 09:54 AM
    I'm not sure about preorders but they seem to have the fastest shipping turnaround I've experienced (and I use Amazon prime). She's probably just giving you the worst-case scenario as per company policy. My guess is that you will have it by the 29th.
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    03-26-13 10:01 AM
    Thanks. I almost told her to cancel my preorder so I could pick it up in the store.
    03-26-13 10:06 AM
    I too have a sinking feeling that it will not ship until the 28th. I pre-paid and have been watching my account to see when the charge goes through, then i will assume 2-3 days from then. So far no charge has shown up! I have been without a phone for weeks!! (The other is dead and I am going to change carriers...)
    03-26-13 10:07 AM
    I want my Z10!!!!!!
    03-26-13 10:29 AM
    The worst is that I keep checking these forums because i want to hear that vzw is shipping. The thing is not even late yet, and people are going crazy waiting - so much preorder drama. Ever since last week when the early release rumors were out, everyday it's more of the same.

I'm doing my best to stay busy, so I keep my nose out of all the posts (and stop logging in to verizon to check my order status) - i just have to keep telling myself that I'm a business customer, so i have free overnight delivery - at worst I'll have the phone on friday. Ugh.
    03-26-13 10:36 AM
    The worst is that I keep checking these forums because i want to hear that vzw is shipping. The thing is not even late yet, and people are going crazy waiting - so much preorder drama. Ever since last week when the early release rumors were out, everyday it's more of the same.

I'm doing my best to stay busy, so I keep my nose out of all the posts (and stop logging in to verizon to check my order status) - i just have to keep telling myself that I'm a business customer, so i have free overnight delivery - at worst I'll have the phone on friday. Ugh.
    I wish I COULD stay busy, but i'm in class sitting in front of a computer all day long listening to some moron sitting next to me pound on her keyboard because she got a line of code wrong... (seriously, the computer will react the way you want it to because you smack it harder)

bad computer, sexy computer...
    03-26-13 10:50 AM
    On the phone with Verizon this morning, will not ship BEFORE 3/28.
    03-26-13 10:50 AM
    Ill double check when I get to work today
    03-26-13 12:26 PM
    do you work for Verizon?
    03-26-13 01:00 PM
    do you work for Verizon?
    Yes
    03-26-13 01:01 PM
    do you work for Verizon?
    Yes
    So did the woman I talked to on the phone today. I didn't get the answer I wanted to get but I did get a $20 credit on my bill.
    Last edited by cmdrkeen86; 03-26-13 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes
    03-26-13 01:03 PM
    I just talked to verizon and they told me I should get it on the 28th or the 29th at the latest. She said they should go NDA on the 27th or 28th.
    03-26-13 01:04 PM
    Are you at work yet?
    03-26-13 01:07 PM
    Are you at work yet?
    Yes. Like I said earlier, the warehouse that the phone is shipping out of finally has some in stock.

As of writing this, my store just received a couple boxes of the phones as well
    wazzugrad and kart38 like this.
    03-26-13 01:24 PM
    I just spoke to a rep too. She basically told me to wait and see if I get an email tomorrow. It may be shipped early to arrive on the 28th, but it almost sounded like earliest is the 29th. She also said that it isn't a good idea to cancel the pre-order because the stock will be limited in stores. She said pre-orders were very strong and that might mean quantities in stores will be limited.

Of course, what would she know. I am really tempted to cancel and just pick one up at my local store Thursday morning. I live in downtown chicago. There are two stores on my way to work and I'm guessing stores in Chicago will have stock.

Regardless, her comments were definitely positive.
    03-26-13 02:21 PM
    I'm just going to wait for the Pre-order. With all of the CSRs giving different stories I can only conclude that none of them know anything or can't say anything, and therefore none of their comments can be taken seriously. If that's true then there is nothing to base assumptions that the phone won't be in my hands until next week...result... let the system work and wait and see
    03-26-13 02:32 PM
    I'm just going to wait for the Pre-order. With all of the CSRs giving different stories I can only conclude that none of them know anything or can't say anything, and therefore none of their comments can be taken seriously. If that's true then there is nothing to base assumptions that the phone won't be in my hands until next week...result... let the system work and wait and see
    I agree.. not to mention the fact that I'd rather get my phone late than have to deal with the brain dead store workers..

I've no doubt that if they touched my account in the computer they'd screw up my grandfathered unlimited plan, somehow.
    cmdrkeen86 likes this.
    03-26-13 02:47 PM
    That is a good point. I don't want them f-ing with my unlimited data plan.
    03-26-13 03:51 PM
    I just talked to a verizon rep and they said it looks like my order won't even ship until the 28th. I thought the point of pre-ordering was to get the device on launch day?
    03-26-13 04:12 PM
    I just talked to a verizon rep and they said it looks like my order won't even ship until the 28th. I thought the point of pre-ordering was to get the device on launch day?
    Pre-ordering is to guarantee you get a device in the event of shortages in a store
    03-26-13 04:26 PM
    Some folks are posting that they have had their CC charged and shipping info over on this thread in the Z10 forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hipped-787495/
    03-26-13 04:58 PM
    nothing here, still says your order has been received ship by 3-28

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-26-13 05:00 PM
    Just in the last few minutes the pending transaction showed up on my CC and the order status has changed, though it doesn't say shipped yet, it now says "Status: 03/28/2013Your order will ship by 03/28/2013"
    03-26-13 06:36 PM
    Mine has been charged too and same status change
    03-26-13 06:38 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD