11-09-08 02:54 PM
51 123
tools
    Way to go off topic everyone.

To the original poster:

You can upgrade your phone after 10 months, even during a 2-year contract. All it requires is the signing of a new 2-year contract. When you upgrade after 10 months, you will get the phone at the promotional price, but you will NOT get the New Every 2 OR Advanced Device Credit. If the associate refuses to allow you the upgrade after 10 months, there is an easy maneuver to save you from paying full price for a new device: Simply add a new line at 9.99/month and buy the phone you want. Cancel the line the next day and keep the phone.

If, however, you wait the full two years, and you are the primary line, you will be eligible for both the NE2 AND the Advanced Device Credit ($50 or $100 depending on your plan).

If you are NOT the primary line, you will be eligible for the NE2 credit only.

Also, you can change your plan at any time by visiting vzw.com or going into a corporate store. However, you can only change your plan TWICE per billing cycle.

I hope I answered your questions. Remember, there's always a way to get what you want--you just have to use the system to your advantage.
    No body is off topic, and get your facts straight first.......
    09-10-08 08:02 AM
    This will not work. When you cancel the added 9.99 line within the 30 days you must return the equipment. Otherwise you WILL be charged full retail price for the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The next month*

And yes, this will work, as my friend recently did it.

No body is off topic, and get your facts straight first.......
    You're off topic. I realize your post count is highly important to you, but please don't post if you have nothing to add to the thread.
    09-10-08 08:42 AM
    The next month*

[b]
    no, after the 30 days you are "locked" into your 2 year agreement and if you cancel the line then you will be charged the ETF starting at $175.

not sure what you mean by *the next month. but you advised to cancel "the next day."

Either way, you will be paying either full retail price for the phone OR the ETF.

please stop giving out false information.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-10-08 at 09:14 AM.
    09-10-08 09:11 AM
    The next month*

You're off topic. I realize your post count is highly important to you, but please don't post if you have nothing to add to the thread.
    I'll agree that this will not work because I'm sitting here typing this with a VZW Rep (my buddy) right beside me. He said if you do not return the phone within the 30 day period that VZW WILL charge you full price for the phone on your bill.

I will agree that you can get upgrades sooner if you've been a long-term customer (for me its been 8 years). I had a Gz'one back in December 07 (ne2) and in February 08 I got my BB8830 at the promotion price. It really all depends on who you talk too really.
    09-10-08 09:12 AM
    I'll agree that this will not work because I'm sitting here typing this with a VZW Rep (my buddy) right beside me. He said if you do not return the phone within the 30 day period that VZW WILL charge you full price for the phone on your bill.

Correct. That is what I mean about posting the right thing..... guiding the OP in the wrong direction...... It's not right....
    09-10-08 09:16 AM
    If you are NOT the primary line, you will be eligible for the NE2 credit only.

I hope I answered your questions. Remember, there's always a way to get what you want--you just have to use the system to your advantage.
    Only the primary line on a family share plan is eligible for the NE2 discount. 9.99 add lines are NOT. They can upgrade at the 2 year price but will not receive the additional $50 or $100 NE2.

i'm not sure where you are getting your information but it is incorrect.
    09-10-08 09:19 AM
    because your so pretty and sweet looking, the cust srv reps just melt in the palm of your hand...lol
    09-10-08 10:12 AM
    The next month*

Well you should take your own advice and don't post if the information you are spewing out is incorrect.
    09-10-08 11:34 AM
    no, after the 30 days you are "locked" into your 2 year agreement and if you cancel the line then you will be charged the ETF starting at $175.

not sure what you mean by *the next month. but you advised to cancel "the next day."

Either way, you will be paying either full retail price for the phone OR the ETF.

please stop giving out false information.
    I'm not giving out false information, seeing as my best friend used this ploy three months ago to upgrade to the Curve from the Pearl. She added a line since she had not had the Pearl for 10 months and avoided paying an ETF fee. How did she do it? I assume there is a stipulation in the contract that makes it possible; if not, she apparently got very lucky with a store supervisor. Nevertheless, I'm basing my information/recommendation on past experiences and information from my sister, who is an in-store sales rep.

Only the primary line on a family share plan is eligible for the NE2 discount. 9.99 add lines are NOT. They can upgrade at the 2 year price but will not receive the additional $50 or $100 NE2.
    Oh yes they are. My line is NOT the primary line and I received the NE2 credit when I upgraded to the Curve. You have to wait the full 24 months to receive it.

I think you are confused between the NE2 and the Advanced Device Credit, which is an additional credit that is available ONLY to the primary line.

I know for a fact the above information is correct unless Verizon has changed their NE2 policy in the previous three months.

Well you should take your own advice and don't post if the information you are spewing out is incorrect.
    The only thing "spewing" is your attitude. I highly suggest you put some thought and substance into your post next time before randomly jamming your fat fingers on the keyboard and producing a non-helpful post. You added nothing to this thread with your "insight"; post information that will help the OP or don't post at all.

That's all.
    09-10-08 07:27 PM
    I get mixed answers on how soon you can "actually" upgrade/change a plan if you are in a 2 - year contract. Most people tell me that if you are on a two year contract that you can actually get a new phone at a reduced rate after about 10 months as long as you sign up for another 2-year commitment.

This is sort of like allowing a person to get a new phone each year, as long as you extend your contract. Is this true? Also, can you change the terms of your contract? For instance reduce/increase anytime phone minutes.

Thanks for any help to clear up my normal level of confusion.
    That's true. You want to contact Customer Service and / or have a contact at your local Corporate Verizon Store. It can be done, has been done. Free would be within 4 to 6 months of your actual contact release date. Once your contract is over you become month to month which is easier to loose a customer than someone on a contract.... Go forth
    09-11-08 04:35 PM

The only thing "spewing" is your attitude. I highly suggest you put some thought and substance into your post next time before randomly jamming your fat fingers on the keyboard and producing a non-helpful post. You added nothing to this thread with your "insight"; post information that will help the OP or don't post at all.

That's all.

Sorry for not matching your massive care about the internet.
    09-12-08 02:21 AM
    Sorry for not matching your massive care about the internet.
    I wasn't aware that I showed "massive care for the internet." Heck, I'm not even sure what that means. I guess that's some amateur attempt at an insult? You happy with that? Really? I mean, I don't want you cursing yourself on the way to work tomorrow in your Ford Focus thinking you should have written something remotely clever, so I'll give you another chance here.
    09-12-08 02:41 AM
    I wasn't aware that I showed "massive care for the internet." Heck, I'm not even sure what that means. I guess that's some amateur attempt at an insult? You happy with that? Really? I mean, I don't want you cursing yourself on the way to work tomorrow in your Ford Focus thinking you should have written something remotely clever, so I'll give you another chance here.
    Wow thanks for the offer but I think I will stick with my previous post. :tup:
    Last edited by Alia24; 09-12-08 at 12:33 PM.
    09-12-08 12:30 PM
    Damn, I guess I'm not getting that Ford Focus I was considering.. :-)
    11-07-08 02:56 PM
    Hi, new, but related question. Right now I'm on my mom's family plan. I have a LG chocolate right now, but I need to upgrade my phone to a BB for business. She wants me to stay on the plan, and I want to save money. I called the store sales rep and she told me that in addition to my mom needing to put my name on the account, I would not be eligible for an upgrade until next July. I told her that I would be upgrading my plan, so I asked her why I wouldn't be able to get the 2 yr contract price of the BB ( I want the storm) she said it was just because. So, I wasn't really satisfied with that answer, I'm not sure where to go from here. I am not concerned with the NE2, I just want to stay on my mom's plan, upgrade to the BB service, and get a new phone. Is this possible? I don't see how they can expect me to upgrade to the BB plan without giving me the 2yr contract price to a BB????
    Last edited by JPremo; 11-07-08 at 03:03 PM.
    11-07-08 03:01 PM
    As I see it, with you as the second line and only paying 9.99 for it or who ever is paying. You still don't qualify because of the plan pricing... I may be wrong.....
    11-07-08 03:37 PM
    you can upgrade every 20 months on a 2 year contract... and 10 months on a 1 year contract
    11-08-08 09:05 AM
    I'm totally confused. I have a corporate account. My contract began in 2005. 2007 thought it was renewed for 2 years. Waited a year to replace bb to get curve in 2008. Now told my next replacement 2010.

What I've been told is during every 2 year contract can replace phone once. If I replace phone and renew its 2 years from replacement date to next replacement.

Maybe my company has indefinite contract with 2 year minimum replacement?

Last edited by jkannry; 11-08-08 at 09:33 AM.
    11-08-08 09:27 AM
    sometimes the let you upgrade after one year ... and when you do that they place you back on another 2 year contract... certain business can do that
    11-08-08 09:38 AM
    Well - I just called customer service, and they told me that since I'm not the primary account, that I can upgrade next July (which is 20 months in), or that if someone else is eligible for an upgrade who is a secondary I can take theirs. I can also take my mom's upgrade, but she would lose her NE2. I told the girl that I'm in a rough position because about a week ago I cracked the screen and my phone can stil dial but I can see nothing on my screen. She told me that if you break your phone, you an get any other phone they have at the 1 year contract price.
    11-08-08 09:55 AM
    yea... they give you the one time price ... or buy a phone online like ebay or craigslist... even on here. good thing about the curve it that it hasnt been out for 1 year so no matter where you get it from if its thru verizon you can swap for a like new phone... which normally i dont like but for blackberrys people return them for the dumbest reasons.... so you're phone will be str8
    11-08-08 09:59 AM
    Uhh. Then why do I get ne2 on all my lines? I've even used my aircard line to upgrade my device.

On a secondary line you DON'T. If you did, it was an exception. An aircard is however, it's own line there for is eligible just like a primary or individual line.
    11-08-08 09:08 PM
    I noticed that on Verizon's website, it says nothing regarding the secondary line with the "Annual Upgrade" for My account users. I've tried upgrading online and it says my line isn't eligible for the upgrade. Is their wordage wrong, or can I actually get this discount?
    11-09-08 06:51 AM
    Secondary lines will get their upgrades in conjunction with their contract terms. THey will not get the new every pricing though. You should see the eligability date when you change the MTN on the website. IF still confused call VZW CS and they will be more than happy to tell you. 800-922-0204
    11-09-08 07:59 AM
    I noticed that on Verizon's website, it says nothing regarding the secondary line with the "Annual Upgrade" for My account users. I've tried upgrading online and it says my line isn't eligible for the upgrade. Is their wordage wrong, or can I actually get this discount?
    The annual or early upgrade in eligible on a primary line with a monthly access of 79.99 or higher only. Secondary lines eligibility is every 20 months outside of any exception.
    11-09-08 10:49 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD