Does anyone know if Verizon still offers the plan where you can have just data(e-mail/bb data) and text messaging without minutes?
    I'm strongly considering getting a Storm2. The Bold9700 seems appealing, but i don't like the fact that AT&T's network is hampered by iPhone users.
    Last edited by BerryBone; 11-09-09 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Added more text
    11-09-09 02:34 AM
    I looked for it online & this is what I found.

Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless (includes Web)

Hope that helps.
    11-09-09 03:08 AM
    Thank you.
    11-09-09 03:19 AM
    Help me understand why you would have a phone to not use as a phone? I am not trying to be a ****, but I cant for the life of me understand. I understand using all of the text and data, but isnt it a phone first and foremost?

Thanks!
    11-09-09 05:10 PM
    Hey, everyone uses their phone differently. Personally, I barely actually talk at all on my phone, but i text a lot and use the web/email. Blame that on me working in a call center lol
    11-09-09 05:16 PM
    Help me understand why you would have a phone to not use as a phone? I am not trying to be a ****, but I cant for the life of me understand. I understand using all of the text and data, but isnt it a phone first and foremost?

Thanks!
    I believe these plans exist mainly for the hearing/speech impaired. As Aaron said, everyone uses their device differently.
    11-09-09 06:40 PM
    Some people also use it for email only, and keep a separate voice line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 06:48 PM
    At $54.99, that plan is hardly worth it. The standard blackberry BIS plan is $29.99. Isn't there a small useage $39.99 voice plan? Seems like it would be worth an extra $15/mo for some phone time. If you're over 65, the $29.99 voice plan makes it only $5 more than the standalone BB data plan.
    11-09-09 07:52 PM
    I was just bouncing some ideas in my head around.
    If i did do this i would only get a 1-year contract.
    11-10-09 02:27 AM
    I was just bouncing some ideas in my head around.
    If i did do this i would only get a 1-year contract.
    You can always do a one year contract, you just pay more for the device.

I do this on two of my lines. Why?

1. I don't need voice for a BB when I have another line with unlimited minutes
    2. My employer discount does not work with secondary lines on family share plans but DOES work for this.
    11-12-09 01:43 AM
    I have a similar situation. I have the AnyMobile Anytime and suffices for me. I just the itch to get another phone. lol
    11-12-09 03:22 AM
    I have a similar situation. I have the AnyMobile Anytime and suffices for me. I just the itch to get another phone. lol
    Scratch the itch my friend, scratch the itch ;-)
    11-12-09 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD