I think it depends on the market. Here in Los Angeles, all of the Blackberry plans are bundled with voice. I have 450 minutes (plus free In Minutes) of voice, with unlimited data of any kind (SMS, MMS, Web, BB Messenger, etc. to and from any carrier on any phone or network).

Your zip code might be different, I don't know.
    05-13-08 09:23 PM
    I just want to clarify the plans that Verizon has, and see all of your opinions. I know Verizon has the two data plans. One is the $29.99 Blackbery Email and Web plan and the other is the $39.99 Unlimited Data Plan. If I was to get a Blackberry, which plan should I get? Does the Blackberry Email and Web plan have unlimited data or do they charge you at a certain point? I've tried to read a lot, but I just end up in the same place...

Thanks in advance!
    05-14-08 12:04 AM
    The $29.99 Blackberry Email and Web plan is unlimited just like the other plan. The difference between the two is whether or not you are going to be using your blackberry to connect to your works blackberry enterprise server. If you are getting a BB for personal use, you will want the 29.99 BIS plan.
    05-14-08 12:50 AM
    I just want to clarify the plans that Verizon has, and see all of your opinions. I know Verizon has the two data plans. One is the $29.99 Blackbery Email and Web plan and the other is the $39.99 Unlimited Data Plan. If I was to get a Blackberry, which plan should I get? Does the Blackberry Email and Web plan have unlimited data or do they charge you at a certain point? I've tried to read a lot, but I just end up in the same place...

Thanks in advance!
    where are you getting this? im only seeing 450 mins for $80/mo or 900 for $100/mo or 1350 for $109/mo and then unlimited that is $129.99..

where are you seeing $30 bucks for a plan??
    05-16-08 02:07 AM
    That's what I've been trying to figure out too. The Blackberry plans have to be coupled with a voice plan in my market, Los Angeles. So says the website, so says the retail store, and so says the sales person I talked to on the telephone.

I couldn't just add it to my voice plan, I had to start over with a whole new deal with 1/3 the voice minutes to keep the cost down to activate the Curve. No exceptions, no options, just that.

BTW, if your previous contract expired, AT&T has a cheaper plan and a cheaper Curve. And you can get a red one. I was tempted but I decided to hang with Verizon since they've been good to me over so many years.
    05-16-08 04:22 AM
    hmm well where im at Im stuck with verizon its the only carrier there.. south dakota sucks..

yeah right now I pay like $80 a month for unl. txt and 450 min/mo.. i almost never make calls, its all texts..
    05-16-08 04:41 AM
    I'm in the Orange County/L.A. market, as well. The $29 data plan wasn't unlimited -- it deducts minutes from your voice minutes. So, I went with the $45 BB data plan, which costs the same as the unlimited data plan that I had for my Treo anyway.

I don't see where you guys are getting $29 for unlimited BB data. ???
    05-16-08 04:59 AM
    See this thread and FEATURE CODE and see if it applies, even in LA area:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/bla...ta-plan-35575/
    05-16-08 11:01 AM
    See this thread and FEATURE CODE and see if it applies, even in LA area:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/bla...ta-plan-35575/
    THANK YOU, F2!

I was wrong -- that $29.99 plan does not deduct time from my voice minutes. Just got off the phone with VZW, gave 'em that feature code and saved some money.
    05-16-08 02:11 PM
    Yup, that feature code does allow them to offer the plan in my market (LA) even though the web site doesn't show it, and the reps on the phone are clueless until you give them the numbers.

In my case, all it did was either allow me to save $10 on the minutes and services I already had, or more importantly, allow me to upgrade the voice plan to 900 minutes for $10 less than the bundled Blackberry plan, which is all that is available to me on my account through their web site, or on the phone without that feature code.

Hey, $10 a month is $120 a year. Or 2 tanks of gas in a small car. Either way, it was worth 45 minutes on the phone with a very nice, very cool sales rep to make it happen.

Warning: beware of pro rating, watch your minutes like a hawk if you change your plan in the middle of your billing cycle. Looking at my voice usage I was gonna bust through it by the end of my first billing cycle anyway so getting 2x the voice minutes without losing anything else saved my ****.

One more tip: you can't start a call with a # symbol on a Curve to check your minutes used via #664. But if you add an entry in Outlook (I call mine "minutes") then sync your contacts, no problem. Weird little glitch but that's the only workaround we could figure out.
    Last edited by kwsmithphoto; 05-17-08 at 03:50 AM.
    05-17-08 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD