ok

are there any blakcberry plans with unlimited text and pic messaging email and internet

also can u get one data plan in a family plan?????
    01-20-08 12:21 PM
    I'm not sure about the first question, but you should know that if you get the data plan you get unlimited email, IM and you can always email pics. You do not get texting unless you pay for it separate though.

Yes you can get one data plan in a family plan--I have a BB my girl does not and I have the data plan added to my number only. The sad part really is that if she gets a BB she has to get her own data plan, there is no deal for having more than one on a family plan.

Eli

PS make sure you check if you get a discount from Verizon through your work--I get 25% off everything, including hardware and data plan.
    01-20-08 12:26 PM
    I'm not sure about the first question, but you should know that if you get the data plan you get unlimited email, IM and you can always email pics. You do not get texting unless you pay for it separate though.

Yes you can get one data plan in a family plan--I have a BB my girl does not and I have the data plan added to my number only. The sad part really is that if she gets a BB she has to get her own data plan, there is no deal for having more than one on a family plan.

Eli

PS make sure you check if you get a discount from Verizon through your work--I get 25% off everything, including hardware and data plan.
    do you know about unlimited internet?
    01-20-08 12:28 PM
    Work discounts are great for most all cell phone companies. Sprint gives them for "public sector". Which is 15% for any gov,state, or city employee, public heathcare, public education. Also I don't think any carrier has family BB plans, but sounds like a great idea to me! And yes you can have data on 1 line and no data on the rest. My advice for text is to call and ask if you add text for a discounted price since you'll already be paying more for BB service. Sprint used to offer a 5 dollar unl text plan to those who pd 40 for BES and PAM so VZW might have the same kind of deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 01:08 PM
    You can get a family plan with unlimited txt included.
    01-20-08 01:26 PM
    But is that unlimited "In" texting only? Granted, I haven't looked at any family plans (seems excessive for a family of one ), but all Verizon txt-ing plans I've seen had so many out of network messages and unlimited "In" texting.
    01-20-08 02:32 PM
    There's no current plan that has unlimited txt to everyone. Just the "In" BS that Verizon seems to think it's a godsend and we should be happy enough with that. Also, if you use their IM application for the BB the IMs you send out count as SMS messages. Ain't that cool?
    01-20-08 03:56 PM
    There's no current plan that has unlimited txt to everyone. Just the "In" BS that Verizon seems to think it's a godsend and we should be happy enough with that. Also, if you use their IM application for the BB the IMs you send out count as SMS messages. Ain't that cool?
    Actually, Verizon Wireless does have a plan like that, one that allows everyone on the share plan to have unlimited text messages. Please visit the Verizon Wireless website, click on the "Plans" tab, select voice plans, family, and then select for more information.

I have the $29.99 unlimited web and email on a share plan.

Hope this helps.
    Paul
    01-21-08 10:52 AM
    I also forgot to mention that you can use Ramble IM instead of the VZW IM Client which charges an SMS for a message sent or received.
    01-21-08 10:54 AM
    Actually, Verizon Wireless does have a plan like that, one that allows everyone on the share plan to have unlimited text messages. Please visit the Verizon Wireless website, click on the "Plans" tab, select voice plans, family, and then select for more information.

I have the $29.99 unlimited web and email on a share plan.

Hope this helps.
    Paul
    No Paul, actally it doesn't help because people out there don't need "family" plans to have such capabilities as "unlimited txt". If you work for Verizon, maybe you should bring this to their attention. Also, the ulimited web and email plans cannot be applied to a BB device. The BB plans and smartphone plans are separate and do not allow for "add on" capabilities of unlimited sms. I don't want a family share plan. I want to be able to have a BB plan with the ability to add in or already support unlimited sms. Hack, in my book, if you have a smartphone that can do unlimited data as part of its plan already, that is already equivalent to your unlimited web and email plan, so what's the problem?
    01-21-08 11:51 AM
    No Paul, actally it doesn't help because people out there don't need "family" plans to have such capabilities as "unlimited txt". If you work for Verizon, maybe you should bring this to their attention. Also, the ulimited web and email plans cannot be applied to a BB device. The BB plans and smartphone plans are separate and do not allow for "add on" capabilities of unlimited sms. I don't want a family share plan. I want to be able to have a BB plan with the ability to add in or already support unlimited sms. Hack, in my book, if you have a smartphone that can do unlimited data as part of its plan already, that is already equivalent to your unlimited web and email plan, so what's the problem?
    Individual accounts (single phone line) have the availability of adding on the Select plan, or unlimited messaging to anyone on any network. The $29.99 is available for the BlackBerry, it is no different from the $44.95, except for BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) is not included.

Paul
    01-21-08 02:59 PM
    Individual accounts (single phone line) have the availability of adding on the Select plan, or unlimited messaging to anyone on any network. The $29.99 is available for the BlackBerry, it is no different from the $44.95, except for BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) is not included.

Paul
    Paul,
    Just so I have things clear... I have a family share plan, BIS data at 29.99 and unlimited IN texting, w/500 off network for an additional charge of $10. This is possible correct? The CS person isn't blowing smoke up my bumbum right? I haven't seen my first bill since getting my BB and I have been texting like mad!
    Last edited by Member_No.1; 01-21-08 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Added price of unlimited text
    01-21-08 03:51 PM
    pete-
    My plan matches yours (family + BIS)except for the texting, but when I look on the plan upgrades site the text plan you describe is an option.
    If you changed plans mid month your first bill is going to be higher than you expect. mine was ~$30 more than I thought it would be becuase it included a full month + 20 days of the partial month. I freaked out and called in, and had the CS person walk me through what the bill included until she said "partial month", at which point I realized what happened, thanked her, and moved on.
    01-21-08 04:15 PM
    Paul,
    Just so I have things clear... I have a family share plan, BIS data at 29.99 and unlimited IN texting, w/500 off network. This is possible correct? The CS person isn't blowing smoke up my bumbum right? I haven't seen my first bill since getting my BB and I have been texting like mad!
    Yes, 500 text messages + Unlimited IN messaging is available.

Paul
    01-21-08 05:22 PM
    Yes, 500 text messages + Unlimited IN messaging is available.

Paul
    Paul...
    Thanks! That's what I have, just making sure.

asaylor... After reading your post, I re-read mine and I should have put for an extra $10 to make it clear.
    01-21-08 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD