Hi.. I want to change my existing device registered in BIS ( selling the unit ). If anyone has an old, not working verizon BB, can you please give me the pin/esn so that I can use the same to change device and release my existing phone.

Appreciate and thanks in advance..
    12-20-08 05:17 AM
    Do you have a another BB device? if so just log into the BIS and do a device change there changing the ESN and pin. This will release your old device to properly sell it. If not, then have the the account deleted. This can be done calling VZW and they can delete it in about 2 seconds.
    12-20-08 08:17 AM
    I did call verizon and they said they cannot
    12-20-08 11:22 AM
    The device you selling blongs to you did you get another device? if yes do the device change within the BIS. THis will free up the device. If not then you got a bad rep. I have deleted accounts before and do it all the time. Of course you need to be able to verify the account.
    12-20-08 11:31 AM
    the device belongs to me.. but i am not a verizon customer, i just bought the same from craigslist and now want to sell it or gift it to a friend...i registered in in bis just to know what it is all abt... i do't want the next owner of the phone ( of course i will not sell the phone if I am not able to delink the same from my bis account ) to have issues registering this phone
    12-20-08 11:36 AM
    Sounds interesting. THe only way to delete a BIS account is to call the serivce provider. They will require to validate the account befire they will delete it. Yes you can place a phony ESN and PIN on there, but can mess things up for others if that device goes back into serivce. You need to get one from a phone that was run over by a car or steamroller
    12-20-08 11:48 AM
    Thats exactly what I am looking for..
    12-20-08 11:52 AM
    I guess nobody has an old phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-21-08 08:36 AM
    nobody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-21-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD