I was wondering if Verizon carries any other phones that are mostly only available online like the BlackBerries are? Is BlackBerry a special case?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:05 PM
    Some Windows Mobile phones are online only and other unpopular models.
    02-13-15 02:11 PM
    Some Windows Mobile phones are online only and other unpopular models.
    Has there been any other phones like the z30 that basically never made it into the store ?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:31 PM
    Has there been any other phones like the z30 that basically never made it into the store ?

Posted via CB10
    Well there are online only models, BUT the Z30 was in SOME stores briefly, it was never widely available but some stores had it, and some had demo models and they will offer to ship it to you, BEFORE it went to online only. The Z30 was not exactly an unpopular model, just a decision was made by Verizon to just market it to business customers and to BB fans, and to made make it widely available.

We might not like it, BUT it's what they choose to do. I don't expect much better for the classic UNLESS it's a big hit which is unlikely.
    02-13-15 02:38 PM
    I've seen a few phones come through for troubleshooting that are only available online, or in corporate locations only. I've never been able to stock an Xperia z3v, or a Samsung Ativ, or a Windows HTC M8. Oddly enough, I'm still being sent Q10's.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 08:02 PM
    A friend of mine went into a Verizon store to ask about BlackBerry and he was told BlackBerry was basically dead and would not be carried in the stores. I went to a Verizon store last week to ask about a privacy screen protector for my z30 and they looked at me like I was high.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30 
    02-16-15 10:43 PM
    Lol... so sorry

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 10:45 PM
    A friend of mine went into a Verizon store to ask about BlackBerry and he was told BlackBerry was basically dead and would not be carried in the stores. I went to a Verizon store last week to ask about a privacy screen protector for my z30 and they looked at me like I was high.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30 

Verizon phones only online?-quote-mark-twain-reports-my-death-have-been-88406.png
    02-17-15 01:49 PM
    My local store last night had a working Q10 and a working Z10 on a clean, regular display near the counter. Not buried among accessories and flip phones. It was a nice change, done recently. The new-to-this-store salesman told me that the Classic would be online or telesales only, at least until people start asking for it in decent numbers. He also said that the stores can order stock of whatever they can sell that's in the warehouse, even if it's in the catalog as online or telesales only. The only thing that he knew about Verizon and Passport is what he read here on CB. Then he showed me his Passport NOT on VZW. I wasn't considering giving up my Z30 for a Passport but WOW, what a phone.
    02-18-15 02:20 PM
    My local store last night had a working Q10 and a working Z10 on a clean, regular display near the counter. Not buried among accessories and flip phones. It was a nice change, done recently. The new-to-this-store salesman told me that the Classic would be online or telesales only, at least until people start asking for it in decent numbers. He also said that the stores can order stock of whatever they can sell that's in the warehouse, even if it's in the catalog as online or telesales only. The only thing that he knew about Verizon and Passport is what he read here on CB. Then he showed me his Passport NOT on VZW. I wasn't considering giving up my Z30 for a Passport but WOW, what a phone.
    Take a picture.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:10 PM