Does it seem like verizon is focusing more on the Andriod phones than the Blackberry phones? It wasn't too long ago that the primary smartphone on verizon was hands down the blackberry. Now the Incredible, Droid, Devour (and soon the Droid X, maybe the Droid Pro, and Samsung Galaxy) are all getting much fanfare across the internet. Heck, do you really even see Blackberry commercials on TV anymore? It seems like Verizon is changing with the times and going with "what's hot" right now, and that's the Droid line of smartphones.

When 9630 phones are being replaced with 9650s...that's a little troubling (good for you though if you were "upgraded") but what does that say about the blackberry? Are they having a hard time moving the 9650? Yeah, I know, the 9630s were supposedly "discontinued" about a year after they were released (wow), but they are doing more harm than good by alienating people that weren't allowed to get an upgrade. They should have allowed people to get a discounted upgrade if they were just going to give away 9650 as warranty replacements.

Just my two cents. :-)
    06-28-10 03:08 PM
    Does it seem like verizon is focusing more on the Andriod phones than the Blackberry phones? It wasn't too long ago that the primary smartphone on verizon was hands down the blackberry. Now the Incredible, Droid, Devour (and soon the Droid X, maybe the Droid Pro, and Samsung Galaxy) are all getting much fanfare across the internet. Heck, do you really even see Blackberry commercials on TV anymore? It seems like Verizon is changing with the times and going with "what's hot" right now, and that's the Droid line of smartphones.

When 9630 phones are being replaced with 9650s...that's a little troubling (good for you though if you were "upgraded") but what does that say about the blackberry? Are they having a hard time moving the 9650? Yeah, I know, the 9630s were supposedly "discontinued" about a year after they were released (wow), but they are doing more harm than good by alienating people that weren't allowed to get an upgrade. They should have allowed people to get a discounted upgrade if they were just going to give away 9650 as warranty replacements.

Just my two cents. :-)
    That's what they have to do to stay ahead. If they had the Iphone that's all you would see in their marketing
    06-28-10 03:40 PM
    Honestly, its just the demographics. People are more on the go, and from there they need more things to be readily available to them. Internet, email, music, video, gaming, social networking, WHATEVER... its just what everyone needs. Once VZW saw Android in action, they immediately jumped on the bandwagon picking phone companies to lead the way for them in the Android Universe.

Now, of course BB's can access the internet, sync email, play music & video's, and can access the social networking sites everyone uses, but its the ease of use with each device that makes the decision for customers.

Think about it. With BB's, most of the applications you can get are very limited, and the costs are rediculous. With Android phones, there are thousands of free apps, and they are alot easier to use.

Don't take this the wrong way. I was previously a BB owner (8330 Curve, Verizon) before I went to an android device, and I loved my BB. Its just the fact that times are changing, and people are looking at new ways to express themselves, and today the way to express yourself is what kind of phone you use.

Plus, you have to consider that both sides, Blackberry & Android, both have their own followings. Look at where you're posting at too. Here on the forums, everyone is reasonable with what you have, whether its a BB Curve 8330, the Droid Incredible, the Palm Pre, or even a Palm Centro... each person enjoys their phone the same way you enjoy yours.
    06-28-10 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD