I just received my new Blackberry Bold 9650 on Wed the 11th. This monday the 16th I was getting out of the car and forgot my phone was on my lap. Boom! Hits the stone driveway face down. Two very noticeable scratches in the middle of the screen. The second being fairly long.

I have no insurance on the phone and tried using a few at home remedies to fix it myself but nothing seems to work. I'm thinking about taking it to Verizon. Will they be able to replace it? I'm not worried about the cost, as long as I don't need to pay full retail for a new one. Does it matter that I haven't had the phone for long at all? What about sending it out for repair?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    08-21-10 07:05 PM
    Oh and I just ordered a screen protector so this shouldn't ever happen again. Every thread I look at people say to get a screen protector. That doesn't help my problem now though
    08-21-10 07:07 PM
    Don't bother talking to VZW. You dropped the phone. It's not covered under warranty. There are some DIY instructions/kits out there for changing out covers, and perhaps screens... may be an option - as is sending it off somewhere - search around the forums for recommended repair places.
    08-21-10 07:35 PM
    Since you still have a warranty, opening the phone to replace the screen would probably blow your warranty but some folks do replace screens. Check cnn.cn for replacement parts.

You might also try one of the screen protectors that apply with solution as some of those can mask scratches.

Some folks have had luck with the polishing compounds but I don't read about them much on this forum - maybe there is something about the BB screen material.
    08-21-10 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD