I currently have a Storm (9530) and after about 8 months all its little faults are starting to get really irritating. I knew about a lot of the problems before buying so I am not blaming anyone but myself as far as that goes. My question is that if I decide to buy another phone and it isn't a Blackberry, maybe something from Samsung or HTC but definitely another smart phone, do I need to change my data plan from what I have now for my Storm? I would be buying the phone for retail (probably used) because I am only ~8 months into my 2 year contract. Which brings up another question, if I switch to a different phone in the middle of my contract is that considered any form of violation of contract as long as I am still set up with a data plan?

Thanks
    02-09-10 08:35 PM
    My question is that if I decide to buy another phone and it isn't a Blackberry, maybe something from Samsung or HTC but definitely another smart phone, do I need to change my data plan from what I have now for my Storm?
    Yes, because the plans are different entities (have different names). Your current data plan is probably called "Email & Web for Blackberry".

I switch to a different phone in the middle of my contract is that considered any form of violation of contract as long as I am still set up with a data plan?
    No. In fact, you don't even have to keep a phone with a data plan, you only need to keep that line active.
    02-09-10 08:44 PM
    First of all sorry to hear you're having so many problems with your phone. For your first question the data plan will automatically fall off of your BB and switch to what's necessary for the phone you are switching to. If you are going to another smartphone, the price is the same, it's just coded differently in the system. Secondly, you can change your plan, features, or your phone at anytime with no penalty. Just as long as you are keeping the service itself you are fine.

Another thought, what plan are you on? Since you're 8 months into your contract you may be able to do an annual upgrade at your 12 month mark if you can hold on that long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 08:54 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies, I really appreciate it. I am going to try and hold off until June when I am eligible for an early upgrade and see if anything new has come out by then. i just wanted to make sure I was in the clear in case I run across any deals too good to pass up between now and then.
    02-09-10 10:40 PM
    Have you connected your blackberry to the desktop manager and updated the storm to version 5? Most of the storm's problems were solved with that update and any physical screen click problems can be solved by searching the forums here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 01:28 AM
    I have been running OS 5.xx for some time now and while the phone is much better there are still more issues than I care to have in a phone.
    02-12-10 02:09 PM
    out of curiousity, what issues.
    02-12-10 03:57 PM
    Nothing huge just little things that irritate me. Phone freezes up randomly and I have to do a battery pull to reset it. Calendar entries disappear or jump to a completely different date. Emails show up late or sometimes never. I would really like multi touch for typing. A phone with wifi would really benefit me at work where my service inside the building is pretty weak. So overall some hardware/software issues and some things that newer phones have that I could benefit from. Oh and a weird auto rotating photo issue I can't figure out that drives me crazy sometimes.
    02-13-10 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD