07-21-09 10:16 PM
44 12
tools
    LOL then dont bother returning it, at least not for anything but another storm. Once you cut the label off the box they cant restock it, had you not done that you would have been good to go
    Verizon will still take it back. They just deduct the restocking fee and the rebate from your return... Lets say you paid $200 and it has a $50 rebate, and you already sent the rebate off, if you go to return the device, you would get $200 - $50 rebate - $35 restocking fee = $115.00. You can still exchange it. Verizon can't sell a used phone as new anyway, they have no need for the box, it's going to be a CLNR from now on anyway, and those don't come in normal boxes.... I thought you said you worked for Verizon?
    07-21-09 03:41 PM
    Verizon will still take it back. They just deduct the restocking fee and the rebate from your return... Lets say you paid $200 and it has a $50 rebate, and you already sent the rebate off, if you go to return the device, you would get $200 - $50 rebate - $35 restocking fee = $115.00. You can still exchange it. Verizon can't sell a used phone as new anyway, they have no need for the box, it's going to be a CLNR from now on anyway, and those don't come in normal boxes.... I thought you said you worked for Verizon?
    I do but do you know how long its been since I have done sales or anything instore?? that should give you an idea...

and to be honest, when did I say word for word that I work for VZW?
    07-21-09 03:43 PM
    I do but do you know how long its been since I have done sales or anything instore?? that should give you an idea...

Obviously you are an expert on the employee phone policy. Also you may want to check your facts before you start rambling on about something you haven't done in years. We don't know who you are or what you know - but I guess we got a peak at what you don't know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by tsguy52; 07-21-09 at 03:58 PM.
    07-21-09 03:53 PM
    Obviously you are an expert on the employee phone policy. Also you may want to check your facts before you start rambling on about something you haven't done in years. We don't know who you are or what you know - but I guess we got a peak at what you don't know.

+1

Totally agree.
    07-21-09 04:01 PM
    VZW has never refused returns based on rebate redemption. They have always simply deducted the rebate from the credit. That goes back many years and mirrors what AT&T & BellAtlantic used to do in the 90s.

07-21-09 04:03 PM
    I didn't mean to start any hostility in this thread... Well I'm happy I got my new phone. Let's not fight, guys.
    07-21-09 04:04 PM

lol kids...
    07-21-09 04:08 PM
    VZW has never refused returns based on rebate redemption. They have always simply deducted the rebate from the credit. That goes back many years and mirrors what AT&T & BellAtlantic used to do in the 90s.

really vzw never refused returns for no esn label..ok take that with a grain of salt then... cause where i was we did

BTW- I am done... I always end up being the banned one... so to those who couldnt just be decent and say thats not right and had to be an *** FU
    07-21-09 04:09 PM
    I always end up being the banned one... so to those who couldnt just be decent and say thats not right and had to be an *** FU
    I hope I wasn't rude to you in this thread - but I can't help but point out that if you're the one always getting banned, maybe an inward look is in order?

07-21-09 04:22 PM
    Maybe... just maybe stupid is a disease....
    07-21-09 04:24 PM
    I hope I wasn't rude to you in this thread - but I can't help but point out that if you're the one always getting banned, maybe an inward look is in order?

I wasnt talking to you twins but thanks for being a D anyways
    07-21-09 04:27 PM

On this page:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/tou...62/index7.html

Actually no. I'm a corporate employee and we get phones at a 2 year contract price with a 1 year contract.

lol no we dont.
    Sounds like you're saying that you work for Verizon Wireless here.

Edit: From the Return Policy on VZW's website ( as posted previously in the thread ):
    At our discretion, we may decline your return or charge you a fee for a missing item, or for items that we determine are damaged or require service. If you return and we accept your merchandise within the 30day return period, we will refund your merchandise's purchase price. If you return a phone without a UPC on the box, the amount of the refund will be reduced by the amount of any mailin rebate that was available for the phone at the time of purchase. Purchases made by cash or check, credit card or gift card will be refunded by check, credit card or gift card, respectively.
    Last edited by scurvydlicious; 07-21-09 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Return Policy Info
    07-21-09 04:35 PM
    I wasnt talking to you twins but thanks for being a D anyways
    A Dominican? Nope, don't have quite that nice a tan - but they do have good cigars.

A Dodger? Wrong again - I don't like the boys in blue.

A DeoxyNucleicAcid? Maybe, as I have my own - but you're missing two letters.

I believe that unless you qualify uncertainty, some might take your words as truth, then others will string you up.

Don't speak with an air of current authority if what you know is from the past or from faded memories.

07-21-09 04:40 PM
    Before anyone goes ballistic, I saw my error.

DeoxyriboNucleicAcid.

07-21-09 04:42 PM
    I wish crackberry had some sort of IQ or even a "common sense" questionaire that you have to pass before you can start posting and creating threads.
    07-21-09 05:13 PM
    I wish crackberry had some sort of IQ or even a "common sense" questionaire that you have to pass before you can start posting and creating threads.
    That wouldn't work. The AT&T/WiFi/GPS crowd would simply get a VZW friend to take the test for them.

07-21-09 05:36 PM
    You can return it even you cut off the serial on the box. They will charge you for the amount of the rebate but will take the phone back for the Tour. Like everyone here said that there will be a $35 restocking fee. Depending how much money you spent on the Storm you might pay more or get some money back. Before you go in to exchange it make sure you have everything you got inside the Storm box. My local retail store are very rude and made me go all the way home (10 miles one way) for Blackberry Desktop Manager CD I forgot at home when I exchanged my Storm back a reliable Curve in November '08.
    07-21-09 10:01 PM
    i work at a store this is how it works if your within 30 days you can exchange it and just pay the difference the tour is 269.99 the storm was probally 219.99. There will be a 35.00 restock fee. Since you mailed in for the rebate they will charge you for the rebate 70.00
    so
    credit 219.99
    plus 35.00
    plus 70.00
    plus 269.99

it can be done no problem

if you had ne2 that will be reapplied to the tour cost
    Darn, there is always someone who beats me to the punch.
    07-21-09 10:03 PM
    A Dodger? Wrong again - I don't like the boys in blue.
    That's a shame. Haha just kidding everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    07-21-09 10:16 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD