03-24-14 04:49 PM
47 12
tools
    I just spoke with Verizon Customer Service and here's what they had to say:

My name is Tim, how may I assist you?
    Me: Hi, can you transfer me to Chris? I was having a specific conversation with him and the chat froze up.
    Me: Our Chat Session ID was RT14974423437.
    Me: Possible?

Tim: Good afternoon.

Sorry that your last chat was lost. I'm sorry, but I don't have access to transfer you.

I'd be happy to try and pick up where you and Chris left off if that would be okay.
    Me: he was reaching out to some resources to find something out about an OS.
    Me: Here is the chat -
    Me: Your Chat Session ID is RT14974423437.

My name is Chris, how may I assist you?
    Me: Hey Chris, I have a question that a lot of Verizon customers have been trying to find out for about a month.
    Me: No one is able to get a straight answer out of anyone though. It's all over the message boards with no response.
    Me: We're wondering if you can tell us when Blackberry OS 10.2.1 will be pushed or released to Verizon customers with the Blackberry Q10 and Z30. It's already been pushed to Verizon users with the Blackberry Z10, about a month ago.
    Me: Can you look into that for me?
    Chris: Hello, I am sorry to hear about the issue but would be happy to help. I am accessing your account to better assist right now.
    Me: Thanks. Really has nothing to do with my account though.
    Me: There must be someone on your side that can assist.
    Chris: I do understand and I am checking to see what the most current version is showing as for your device as this would be what I am able to access. I do know of other customers inquiring about the update and have seen that is has been pushed to the Z10 devices. I am checking with a few resources right now. Thanks for standing by in the meantime.
    Me: Thanks sir. Appreciate your help.
    Chris: You are very welcome, always happy to help a fellow customer!
    Chris: Thanks for standing by, the current update I am showing available for the device is the 10.1.0 but do not see that the latest update is available. I am checking with another resource right now to see what else I can find out for you today.
    Me: Thanks
    Chris: My pleasure, just hope to hear back some good news!
    Me: That would be great.
    Me: It would be enormously valuable to forums all over the net.

Tim: Thank you.
    Me: Yep
    Tim: Chris said he was checking with another source. Not sure what that would have been.

If you have a minute or two I can shoot Chris a quick email and just see if he ever heard back from this other source.

Would that be an okay course of action?
    Tim: Chris may be engaged in another chat by now, so we will give him say 5 minutes to respond?

Do you have a few minutes to standby with me to see if we get a response?
    Me: Sure
    Tim: Chris tells me that after much research he was unable to get an update using any of our normal channels.

So he and I are actually going to partner together to life this inquiry up to our product development team and see if they can give us any concrete answers. Normally inquiries sent to the product development team take 48 hours to get a response back.

If you'd like me to put this inquiry into our product development team and then follow up with you no later than Wednesday (03/12/2014) this week I'd be happy to do that for you.
    Me: That would be great. Appreciate you doing that.
    Me: Will you contact me via email?
    Me: We're all wondering what the hold up is since it's already out on the majority of other carriers around the world, and on Verizon for Z10 owners.
    Tim: Most responses from our product development team are more than 160 characters so follow up via email will work great.

Sure, I can understand how the new software being available for all phones except the Q10 would generate some interest.
    Me: Z30 either
    Me: Forums are blowing up. There's a general frustration with Verizon when it comes to Blackberry users - widespread.
    Me: Anything you could provide would be great. Thanks again.
    Tim: You are welcome.

Hope to have another update on this by Wednesday for you. I'm not going to hold my breath.
    sxchan likes this.
    03-10-14 03:56 PM
    Z30 STILL WAITING. Same run around don't answer the real question, WHERE IS OUR UPDATE???? Verizon customer service needs to be reviewed to give real answers not fear. Sooooo frustrated

Jill
    03-10-14 04:01 PM
    We'll see if they come back with anything on Wednesday when they follow up with me.
    03-10-14 04:04 PM
    The US carrier issue is could be classified as a conspiracy. Perhaps the marginal benefit of the cost of the updates may be in the negative, but it seems way too convenient of a reason . Call me a cynic, but they don't like BlackBerry and will not take the same risks they would for another organization.

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    03-10-14 04:08 PM
    Q10SQN100-2/10.1.0.4699

I sure hope you get a response, you were very courteous and the Verizon rep was very professional, even if the email doesn't tell us what we want to hear I have to give you credit for you valiant effort, you're a good man and a great BlackBerry faithfull.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-10-14 04:52 PM
    Hope it's good news I am tempted to get a leak via Sanchesi if vzw does not hurry up of offer valid reasons for the delay.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 11:37 PM
    The reps won't know (and are not given access to find out) the date until that very day that it drops.

Good on ya for taking the time to inquire on your and the community's behalf but your time would have been better spent doing almost anything else.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 12:59 PM
    You're probably right - we'll see what they come back with today. My guess is no response.
    03-12-14 11:13 AM
    I do hope you get an answer soon enough... at least it good to know that there are some BB10 user here in the US, as I felt that only my cousin (Q10 owner) and I (Z10, now Z30 owner) were the only ones with BB10 phones... I've yet to come across ANYONE with either device till date, it boggles my mind sometimes that only a few years ago that BlackBerry occupied more than 50% of the US, to come down to this. It's such a shame.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:43 AM
    I just spoke with Verizon Customer Service and here's what they had to say:

My name is Tim, how may I assist you?
    Me: Hi, can you transfer me to Chris? I was having a specific conversation with him and the chat froze up.
    Me: Our Chat Session ID was RT14974423437.
    Me: Possible?

Tim: Good afternoon.

Sorry that your last chat was lost. I'm sorry, but I don't have access to transfer you.

I'd be happy to try and pick up where you and Chris left off if that would be okay.
    Me: he was reaching out to some resources to find something out about an OS.
    Me: Here is the chat -
    Me: Your Chat Session ID is RT14974423437.

My name is Chris, how may I assist you?
    Me: Hey Chris, I have a question that a lot of Verizon customers have been trying to find out for about a month.
    Me: No one is able to get a straight answer out of anyone though. It's all over the message boards with no response.
    Me: We're wondering if you can tell us when Blackberry OS 10.2.1 will be pushed or released to Verizon customers with the Blackberry Q10 and Z30. It's already been pushed to Verizon users with the Blackberry Z10, about a month ago.
    Me: Can you look into that for me?
    Chris: Hello, I am sorry to hear about the issue but would be happy to help. I am accessing your account to better assist right now.
    Me: Thanks. Really has nothing to do with my account though.
    Me: There must be someone on your side that can assist.
    Chris: I do understand and I am checking to see what the most current version is showing as for your device as this would be what I am able to access. I do know of other customers inquiring about the update and have seen that is has been pushed to the Z10 devices. I am checking with a few resources right now. Thanks for standing by in the meantime.
    Me: Thanks sir. Appreciate your help.
    Chris: You are very welcome, always happy to help a fellow customer!
    Chris: Thanks for standing by, the current update I am showing available for the device is the 10.1.0 but do not see that the latest update is available. I am checking with another resource right now to see what else I can find out for you today.
    Chris: My pleasure, just hope to hear back some good news!
    Me: It would be enormously valuable to forums all over the net.

Tim: Thank you.
    Me: Yep
    Tim: Chris said he was checking with another source. Not sure what that would have been.

If you have a minute or two I can shoot Chris a quick email and just see if he ever heard back from this other source.

Would that be an okay course of action?
    Tim: Chris may be engaged in another chat by now, so we will give him say 5 minutes to respond?

Do you have a few minutes to standby with me to see if we get a response?
    Me: Sure
    Tim: Chris tells me that after much research he was unable to get an update using any of our normal channels.

So he and I are actually going to partner together to life this inquiry up to our product development team and see if they can give us any concrete answers. Normally inquiries sent to the product development team take 48 hours to get a response back.

If you'd like me to put this inquiry into our product development team and then follow up with you no later than Wednesday (03/12/2014) this week I'd be happy to do that for you.
    Me: That would be great. Appreciate you doing that.
    Me: Will you contact me via email?
    Me: We're all wondering what the hold up is since it's already out on the majority of other carriers around the world, and on Verizon for Z10 owners.
    Tim: Most responses from our product development team are more than 160 characters so follow up via email will work great.

Sure, I can understand how the new software being available for all phones except the Q10 would generate some interest.
    Me: Z30 either
    Me: Forums are blowing up. There's a general frustration with Verizon when it comes to Blackberry users - widespread.
    Me: Anything you could provide would be great. Thanks again.
    Tim: You are welcome.

Hope to have another update on this by Wednesday for you. I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Thank you for trying to get some information. I have been trying to get some info as well, but your rep was a little more helpful than mine. Mine pretty much said they had no idea.

I have also been tweeting and email Verizon asking when they will push out the update and I haven't gotten any responses to those.
    03-12-14 12:50 PM
    Guys, can I humbly suggest you Tweet @VZWSupport with the hashtag #BlackBerryUnleashed. A campaign was launched to attempt to force these jokers to actually give any sort of decent customer service last Saturday.

This also includes, if you can, joining us in the this Thunderclap BlackBerry 10.2.1 For All

This campaign is gaining momentum, we hear a rumour (and that's all it is) of a possibility of T-Mobile coming on board but let VZW know how you feel!

#BlackBerryUnleashed !
    03-12-14 05:11 PM
    Good heads up - thanks
    03-12-14 06:32 PM
    Guys, can I humbly suggest you Tweet @VZWSupport with the hashtag #BlackBerryUnleashed. A campaign was launched to attempt to force these jokers to actually give any sort of decent customer service last Saturday.

This also includes, if you can, joining us in the this Thunderclap BlackBerry 10.2.1 For All

This campaign is gaining momentum, we hear a rumour (and that's all it is) of a possibility of T-Mobile coming on board but let VZW know how you feel!

#BlackBerryUnleashed !
    T-Mobile released 10.2.1 for the Z10 and Q10 today.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 06:01 PM
    I would guess that means that Verizon should release this I would guess sometime in July...while everyone else will be getting the early release of 10.3...

Posted via CB10
    anon6040766 likes this.
    03-13-14 07:41 PM
    I would guess that means that Verizon should release this I would guess sometime in July...while everyone else will be getting the early release of 10.3...

Posted via CB10
    Although you may be right, I really hope it doesn't take that long. I got the official release on my Z10 yesterday from VZ just waiting for my Z30. Actually considering switching back to the Z10 in the meantime to familiarize myself with the new features, but it seems to be one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make since I like my Z30 so much lol!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 09:42 AM
    Although you may be right, I really hope it doesn't take that long. I got the official release on my Z10 yesterday from VZ just waiting for my Z30. Actually considering switching back to the Z10 in the meantime to familiarize myself with the new features, but it seems to be one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make since I like my Z30 so much lol!

Posted via CB10
    Why did it take so long to get official release on your Z10 if VZW released it January 28th? Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:05 AM
    Update response from Verizon:

Mark,

I'm sorry to report that our product development team is unable release any information on the availability of new software for your phone.

As of now we've been instructed that for Verizon Wireless branded Blackberry Q10's software build number 10.1.0.4699 is the most up to date available and release dates for possible newer software versions are unknown at this point.

Thank you,

Tim

Verizon Wireless
    Chat Customer Care
    03-14-14 11:56 AM
    Update response from Verizon:

Mark,

I'm sorry to report that our product development team is unable release any information on the availability of new software for your phone.

As of now we've been instructed that for Verizon Wireless branded Blackberry Q10's software build number 10.1.0.4699 is the most up to date available and release dates for possible newer software versions are unknown at this point.

Thank you,

Tim

Verizon Wireless
    Chat Customer Care
    If you want dumb answers go to VZW. If you want the latest OS for your device go here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ilable-914584/
    03-14-14 12:10 PM
    I just used UK Vodafone code in sachesi, it did not even download their bloat ware, I believe they just approved the update from blackberry and didn't even mess with it. So far so good on my Z30

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 06:25 PM
    This is terrible. Can someone help me? How do I load the latest software via sachesi? I'm tired of waiting for Verizon. I just need the update to be able to get my work outlook email onto my Q10. I tried downloading sachesi on my macbook once but failed miserably.
    Also...why is my macbook not seem to detect when I plug the device in. it does not open the BlackBerry link or nothing. Hellllppp

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:38 PM
    This is terrible. Can someone help me? How do I load the latest software via sachesi? I'm tired of waiting for Verizon. I just need the update to be able to get my work outlook email onto my Q10. I tried downloading sachesi on my macbook once but failed miserably.
    Also...why is my macbook not seem to detect when I plug the device in. it does not open the BlackBerry link or nothing. Hellllppp

Posted via CB10
    Could be wrong, so someone chime in here but I think you need a PC to use Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:42 PM
    I don't know. But I'm almost ready to go back to iphone. I've been avid BlackBerry user but I wouldn't dream that I could not have my work email on a BlackBerry. Iphone has the app...we don't...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:57 PM
    I don't know. But I'm almost ready to go back to iphone. I've been avid BlackBerry user but I wouldn't dream that I could not have my work email on a BlackBerry. Iphone has the app...we don't...

Posted via CB10
    Why can't you get your work outlook without the latest update?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:33 PM
    I don't have access unless I'm using an app that's compatible with my company's access. They call it OWA. Not sure how else I could log into it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:49 PM
    Just curious...why aren't you all just using the leaks?

Posted via CB10 | Q10 on T-Mobile (USA)
    enik likes this.
    03-15-14 06:17 PM
47 12