Has anyone ever had this? Here is the deal about a month ago we disconnected our house phone----we NEVER used it. It was about $80 a month. We since then I have received 3 bills from Verizon. One for $300, on for about $215 and one for about $250. So I called the 800 # on one of them. I was told---I owe both the $215 and the $250. I asked the man, how do you disconnect one phone for $80 and then owe twice as much in one month. He then said Verizon home paid Verizon Wireless on my behalf and now I owe them. HUH, WHAT?????? I also mentioned something about Verizon Wireless charging for a previous month. What, I always thought they billed a month in advance. The conversation went on, him distinguishing between Verizon and Verizon Wireless, I kept talking about a one Verizon, he told me that did not exist anymore, etc , etc etc. Can someone with some sense shed some light on this for me please?
    03-14-09 08:51 AM
    Verizon one bill is a way to bundle all your bills from verizon. landline, DSL/FIOS, Wireless. This I believe is handled by the landline side. So if you cancelled your serivce with land, something may have fallen though the cracks. This unfortunatly might take some work to resolve. When you cancelled line and they stopped paying the wireless bill, then VZW would start sending you a bill. This is how it suppose to work I believe.

This might take some communication between you, land, and VZW. Have you paying any bills with anyone since the land was turned off? if not, then I feel what is happening is that everything is catching up all at once.

Sorry to see this happened, but communication with all parties involved maybe the way to go.

EDIT: One bill is still alive and well.
    03-14-09 08:59 AM
    Verizon one bill is a way to bundle all your bills from verizon. landline, DSL/FIOS, Wireless. This I believe is handled by the landline side. So if you cancelled your serivce with land, something may have fallen though the cracks. This unfortunatly might take some work to resolve. When you cancelled line and they stopped paying the wireless bill, then VZW would start sending you a bill. This is how it suppose to work I believe.

This might take some communication between you, land, and VZW. Have you paying any bills with anyone since the land was turned off? if not, then I feel what is happening is that everything is catching up all at once.

Sorry to see this happened, but communication with all parties involved maybe the way to go.

EDIT: One bill is still alive and well.

thanks Lastrid. I will call them again, I have had nothing but success when calling Verizon Wireless. This guy was very matter of fact, and condesending. I am trying to make sense of it in my mind. These are the first bills I have received since disconnecting the phone. I of course will pay what Verizon Wireless tells me to pay but i just dont get how if I paid every month, I still owe so much. The $300 bill is the one bill for the month, the $215 is "payback" to Verizon and $250 is the wireless bill. Something is just not adding up mathematically to me. Seems like they got paid back since I got a onebill that I have not paid yet for this month.
    03-14-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD