12-28-09 11:51 PM
127 ... 23456
tools
    Soul mates just because you both sell BOGO phones? Hmmmm
    12-22-09 12:52 PM
    There is nothing wrong will selling the BOGO phone, but quit complaining that VZW is raising there stuff, cutting into YOUR profit, after all....... "If people never took the opportunity to make a profit the world would be a far different place!"
    12-22-09 12:56 PM
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing that! You sign nothing that says you have to personally keep the free device! The device is yours and you can do as you please! If people never took the opportunity to make a profit the world would be a far different place!

I cannot believe you even think that selling a BOGO device for profit is even close to wrong! Give me a break.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So, when you go to your bank, ask them if it is ok to write a bad check, I mean there is nothing in the stores that SAYS you CANT do it, just that you shouldnt.

Kinda like a company saying that you shouldnt do the bogo offer scam because the company has decided to raise their fees for it, so it can cut into the scammer's profits.
    12-22-09 03:48 PM
    I thought it says in the paperwork that the device has to be activated....
    I will have to revisit the TOS.
    12-22-09 03:50 PM
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing that! You sign nothing that says you have to personally keep the free device! The device is yours and you can do as you please! If people never took the opportunity to make a profit the world would be a far different place!

I cannot believe you even think that selling a BOGO device for profit is even close to wrong! Give me a break.

Selling the free phone isn't what I have an issue with. I have an issue with people who get the BOGO deal with the intention of immediately breaking the contract and selling the BOGO to make a profit. Its unethical. And Verizon realized there were too many people taking advantage of the deal, so they raised the ETF...
    12-22-09 05:06 PM
    Soul mates just because you both sell BOGO phones? Hmmmm
    Well....

Its not big deal here, because two lines will have been put under contract for 2 years, and if he disconnects one, he will have to pay the $350 ETF, and won't have made any money...
    12-22-09 05:09 PM
    In yo face !
    12-22-09 05:19 PM
    Selling the free phone isn't what I have an issue with. I have an issue with people who get the BOGO deal with the intention of immediately breaking the contract and selling the BOGO to make a profit. Its unethical. And Verizon realized there were too many people taking advantage of the deal, so they raised the ETF...
    So if someone gets the BOGO and later on decides to sell it and cancel the line? That's ok? Lol you don't make sense. The phone is yours, its not illegal like writing a bad check, its yours to do as you please. Its not unethical or wrong. VZW did put the kabash on it, but good things never last.

I believe you could still get a BOGO sell the free one and then on the free phones line take off the BB plan and anything else, make it $9.99 a month.

Last edited by OldChristine; 12-23-09 at 10:57 AM.
    12-23-09 10:54 AM
    So if someone gets the BOGO and later on decides to sell it and cancel the line? Lol you don't make sense. The phone is yours, its not illegal like witring a bad check, its yours to do as you please. Its not unethical or wrong. VZW did put the kabash on it, but good things never last.

I believe you could still get a BOGO sell the free one and then on the free phones line take off the BB plan and anything else, make it $9.99 a month.

But is 10.00 a month for 24 months that profitable?
    12-23-09 10:56 AM
    But is 10.00 a month for 24 months that profitable?
    Ride it out till the etf is low enough.

12-23-09 10:58 AM
    I think it's just a hassle.....do all that to make a small profit if any, especially when the ETF is now 350.00
    12-23-09 11:00 AM
    I think it's just a hassle.....do all that to make a small profit if any, especially when the ETF is now 350.00
    I agree. I'm just putting options out there.

12-23-09 12:13 PM
    They changed the conditions for this most recent BOGO. When they did it n Feb there was no stipulation that the free phone had to even be activated. I only activated my free Storm so I could get it unlocked then reactivated my original and sold the free one for $350.

With current BOGO offer you have to do a two year contract on both phones. Still though you could activate the free phone on another line already in use, then simply put a regular phone back on that line, drop the BB plan and still sell the free one if you wish. The line you activated the free BB on with simply be under contract for two years. If it is a line to be used anyway then it is no big deal.
    Um, no. It was always that way.
    Last edited by bluerskyes; 12-23-09 at 12:24 PM. Reason: grammar
    12-23-09 12:24 PM
    So if someone gets the BOGO and later on decides to sell it and cancel the line? That's ok? Lol you don't make sense. The phone is yours, its not illegal like writing a bad check, its yours to do as you please. Its not unethical or wrong. VZW did put the kabash on it, but good things never last.

Try to read what I wrote next time... I'll try to re phrase this so maybe it gets through this time...

Like I said... I don't have a problem with people selling the free phone. I don't mind if people remove the data plan and keep the $9.99 monthly line. That's all fine. What I have an issue with, is when people purposely opened a second line to take advantage of the BOGO offer, just to turn around and sell the phone for $400+ and break the contract, just so they can make a couple hundred dollars... And clearly Verizon Wireless as a company also took issue with this as well...
    12-23-09 03:20 PM
    Try to read what I wrote next time... I'll try to re phrase this so maybe it gets through this time...

Like I said... I don't have a problem with people selling the free phone. I don't mind if people remove the data plan and keep the $9.99 monthly line. That's all fine. What I have an issue with, is when people purposely opened a second line to take advantage of the BOGO offer, just to turn around and sell the phone for $400+ and break the contract, just so they can make a couple hundred dollars... And clearly Verizon Wireless as a company also took issue with this as well...
    I understood you the first time. What I'm saying is that once purchased the BOGO and new line are theirs to do as they wish. Regardless of the reasoning for adding the line and getting the devices. its not wrong in any way to add a line and sell the BOGO and then cancel the line. When you make purchases elsewhere do you feel the need to explain what your intentions are for what you bought? Or do you feel its none of their business? Hmmmm. Also when I've done the BOGOs I've been up front with the reps and told them what I was going to do, they had no issue with it.

12-23-09 03:44 PM
    Its a shame you won't be able to respond back... But like I said before, taking advantage of the BOGO offer just so you can break the contract and sell the phone is unethical. Contracts are in place for a reason...
    12-24-09 08:01 AM
    I understood you the first time. What I'm saying is that once purchased the BOGO and new line are theirs to do as they wish. Regardless of the reasoning for adding the line and getting the devices. its not wrong in any way to add a line and sell the BOGO and then cancel the line. When you make purchases elsewhere do you feel the need to explain what your intentions are for what you bought? Or do you feel its none of their business? Hmmmm. Also when I've done the BOGOs I've been up front with the reps and told them what I was going to do, they had no issue with it.

I agree with you, break the contract do what you want it's yours. Verizon should have an ETF for the data plan.

Last edited by i7guy; 12-24-09 at 08:20 AM.
    12-24-09 08:17 AM
    There is nothing "unethical" about any of this. If I buy a phone and Verizon OFFERS the BOGO deal and I sign up for it then cancel and pay the ETF I am STILL abiding by the contract I signed!

That being said, it is NOT what I did in Feb with that BOGO deal. It clearly stated at that time that the second phone did NOT have to be under the two year contract. It was not even needed to be activated. I asked the VZW people all about it and told them EXACTLY what I planned to do. They agreed it was all "legal".

The difference with this BOGO deal is VZW explicitly state that the second FREE phone must also be activated on a line and put on two year contract. I already have another line I am paying for for my eleven year old. I can take advantage of the BOGO deal and activate on THAT existing line. Then I can simply drop the BB data plan and go with regular plan and non smartphone. The line will will remain under contract for two years as agreed to. What I do with free BB is up to ME at that point.

My contractual obligation will be fullfilled.

Last edited by zrxoa1; 12-24-09 at 09:21 AM.
    12-24-09 08:23 AM
    Removing the BlackBerry from the line and keeping the line under contract is fine. I just have a problem understanding how people think breaking a contract is okay, especially if you planned on doing it before you even signed it. Yes, you're paying the ETF, but I have to assume Verizon was doing BOGO's so people could use the second phone, and not immediately turn around and sell it (while breaking the contract in the process). It took a while, but Verizon eventually wisened up and raised the ETF so if people still tried to do this, they would pretty much end up breaking even...
    12-24-09 08:29 AM
    Removing the BlackBerry from the line and keeping the line under contract is fine. I just have a problem understanding how people think breaking a contract is okay, especially if you planned on doing it before you even signed it. Yes, you're paying the ETF, but I have to assume Verizon was doing BOGO's so people could use the second phone, and not immediately turn around and sell it (while breaking the contract in the process). It took a while, but Verizon eventually wisened up and raised the ETF so if people still tried to do this, they would pretty much end up breaking even...
    It is not unethical to break the contract on VZWs terms. That's why there is an ETF fee. Also "wisened" isn't a word. Go away dude.

12-27-09 02:40 PM
    Welcome back, I was afraid you were gone for good...

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying... So I'm going to stop repeating myself... And let you continue to believe what you want...

But have fun breaking contracts and thinking theres nothing wrong with it...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 12-27-09 at 05:57 PM.
    12-27-09 05:49 PM
    It really depends on how you approach the situation with the rep. In my own experience (both as a VZW CC rep and as a customer) I've found it's much easier to get what you need if you can keep your cool. Make sure the rep understands that you are upset, that you're frustrated, but if you keep your cool, you have a much better chance of getting that Storm 2 or Tour instead of another Storm.

I had a customer call in last week. He'd had three Storms in under three months. He was upset, but didn't come across as an ***. He was fed up, and on the verge of disconnecting. I pled his case to a supervisor, and he got a Storm 2, with overnight shipping comped. I also threw on a 10% access discount promotion that was available for him.

All said, the old adage is still true, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
    12-27-09 06:29 PM
    Welcome back, I was afraid you were gone for good...

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying... So I'm going to stop repeating myself... And let you continue to believe what you want...

But have fun breaking contracts and thinking theres nothing wrong with it...
    Honey its ok to break the contract by paying the etf.. That's why its there.

12-27-09 06:41 PM
    It really depends on how you approach the situation with the rep. In my own experience (both as a VZW CC rep and as a customer) I've found it's much easier to get what you need if you can keep your cool. Make sure the rep understands that you are upset, that you're frustrated, but if you keep your cool, you have a much better chance of getting that Storm 2 or Tour instead of another Storm.

I had a customer call in last week. He'd had three Storms in under three months. He was upset, but didn't come across as an ***. He was fed up, and on the verge of disconnecting. I pled his case to a supervisor, and he got a Storm 2, with overnight shipping comped. I also threw on a 10% access discount promotion that was available for him.

All said, the old adage is still true, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
    You should be the official CB VZW REP! What's your direct line # ill call you from now on! You don't have to give your # I was jk!

12-27-09 07:19 PM
    They'll send you another if you are having an issue. You are still under the WFG.

How is he still under the WFG? After 30 days it goes to the 1yr manufactors warranty, NOT WFG. Please stop giving wrong information. If you get a multi-FRU it's not a WFG, its still considered a FRU and gets a 90 day warranty, if it's a multi-FRU it gives you 1 year.. but the WFG does not count with a multi-FRU.
    12-27-09 08:56 PM
127 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD