12-28-09 10:51 PM
127 1234 ...
tools
    i think im going to puke :-p
    12-20-09 01:55 AM
    Maybe youre lucky? I use to think mine worked fine, but then i started thinking about it... i shouldnt have to deal with a slow phone, or have to pull my battery every now and then to get my sms to work right. my phone shouldnt reset by itself, EVER! just my 2 cents... but hey congrats to you for having the only problem free storm! Id put it on ebay :-)
    I also don't understand some folks going thru ten or eleven phones in less than a year. My first Storm, bought in Feb of this year, worked perfect. Only reason I called in and got an exchange was due to excessive dust under the screen. The refurb they sent me was junk....could NOT get ANY computer to recognize it. They sent another next day (brand new with batt cover and everything) and I am still using it. Works perfectly aside from getting a lot of dust under the screen again.

I would like to switch to either the Storm II or wait for the Tour II..... But I don't think VZW will front me either with only three on my account since Feb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 01:56 AM
    I also don't understand some folks going thru ten or eleven phones in less than a year. My first Storm, bought in Feb of this year, worked perfect. Only reason I called in and got an exchange was due to excessive dust under the screen. The refurb they sent me was junk....could NOT get ANY computer to recognize it. They sent another next day (brand new with batt cover and everything) and I am still using it. Works perfectly aside from getting a lot of dust under the screen again.

I would like to switch to either the Storm II or wait for the Tour II..... But I don't think VZW will front me either with only three on my account since Feb.

They'll send you another if you are having an issue. You are still under the WFG.

12-20-09 01:58 AM
    Did you have some bad canned whole chicken?

no chicken for me...... im a vegetarian :-) you should be too! if 1 person doesnt eat meat for one year they supposively save the lives of approx 95 animals per year :-)
    12-20-09 02:01 AM
    They'll send you another if you are having an issue. You are still under the WFG.

Not sure if is worth the hassle. I KNOW the Storm I will accumulate dust under the screen. What about the Storm II or Tour?

12-20-09 02:08 AM
    Not sure if is worth the hassle. I KNOW the Storm I will accumulate dust under the screen. What about the Storm II or Tour?

You may qualify for the multi fru policy.... 3 returns in 90 days. If so you could get a Storm 2. If not, get the replacement, sell it and use the money towards buying a new device.

12-20-09 02:16 AM
    You may qualify for the multi fru policy.... 3 returns in 90 days. If so you could get a Storm 2. If not, get the replacement, sell it and use the money towards buying a new device.

I have had my current Storm for more than 90 days...

I wonder how long VZW will still have the Storm 1 to use as a replacement for bad units? I would assume if they run out they will start using Storm 2's...

I would not mind the Storm 2 for the wifi and bigger memory...
    12-20-09 02:30 AM

Nope. No WFG applies.

12-20-09 04:24 AM
    I have gotten a free update on both my storm lines. The first line had 5 replaced storms and my second line had 11 replaced storms. I was put into the s2 on both lines with no questions asked. Just call up vzw and ask the question about multifru policy and the warranty matrix.

Bad advice.

12-20-09 04:25 AM
    Bad advice.

Not really but whatever you say. The POLICY is set for a reason. Every issue I have had with my devices where noticable. Its not like its a scam, its set up to resolve device issues.

Last edited by suby723; 12-20-09 at 07:01 AM.
    12-20-09 06:54 AM
    Not really but whatever you say. The POLICY is set for a reason. Every issue I have had with my devices where noticable. Its not like its a scam, its set up to resolve device issues.

Telling someone to drop the phrases "multi-fru" and "warranty matrix" is bad advice. That's like saying "I read about how to get a new phone on Crackberry".

12-20-09 08:52 AM

It was bad advice. Don't bring up Multi-FRU Policy or Warranty Matrix. There is no policy that states if a phone is replaced X amount of times that Verizon has to replace it with a new phone. Its an option that a rep has if he/she feels the situation calls for it...

And it seems the only thing that people know about the Multi Exchange Program is that you have to have had the phone replaced twice prior within the past 90 days. What most people don't know, is that there are several other requirements that must be met to even be considered to have your phone replaced with a different model...

Its unfortunate that certain people like to recommend the "Multi FRU Policy" to everyone having trouble with their phone, because in the end people are going to be calling in demanding a new phone because they heard there was such as policy...
    12-20-09 09:30 AM
    Nope. No WFG applies.

How do ya figure?

12-20-09 10:48 AM
    no chicken for me...... im a vegetarian :-) you should be too! if 1 person doesnt eat meat for one year they supposively save the lives of approx 95 animals per year :-)
    Hmmm since this is a relevant post, let me say that I think it's ok if that is the choice you make but do not try to pin it on others. Animals have always been killed for food, that will not change. Don't preach your choices. Would you like me to suggest eating a steak? Have a nice day.
    12-20-09 10:54 AM
    It was bad advice. Don't bring up Multi-FRU Policy or Warranty Matrix. There is no policy that states if a phone is replaced X amount of times that Verizon has to replace it with a new phone. Its an option that a rep has if he/she feels the situation calls for it...

And it seems the only thing that people know about the Multi Exchange Program is that you have to have had the phone replaced twice prior within the past 90 days. What most people don't know, is that there are several other requirements that must be met to even be considered to have your phone replaced with a different model...

Its unfortunate that certain people like to recommend the "Multi FRU Policy" to everyone having trouble with their phone, because in the end people are going to be calling in demanding a new phone because they heard there was such as policy...
    Such requirements are.. Cannot have an upgrade on your account and cannot have had a multi exchange on your line in the past year.

Don't bring up the multi fru policy... They will if you qualify. Don't worry most people will qualify! The people on their high horses here want to act like its next to impossible to do this, its not. I've had multi fru's as have a lot of people I know.

Also don't call and be a total pain in the ***, make them feel sorry for you

Last edited by OldChristine; 12-20-09 at 10:56 AM.
    12-20-09 10:54 AM

Yeah and being a test dummy for the storm ok!? We all know the storm had issues AND vzw is also aware of the problems. Why do you think vzw gave the option for storm owners to upgrade to the s2 or droid, yes that is if they qualify but it was vzw's great customer service to own up to the bad storm and to let customers escape. Both my storm lines had issues and vzw originally offered the tour, that was not an option because I need the touch screen. When the s2 rolled out vzw offered the phone to me. 11 storm replacements new and refurbished for me. Every phone needed to have the screen adjusted to click properly. Why should I know that the screen needs adjustments!? Its blackberrys fault BUT vzw has great customer service and that's why I'm spending $200.00 a month to them.

12-20-09 04:46 PM
    How do ya figure?

There's nothing to figure. There is no WFG on a multi-fru.

12-20-09 04:51 PM
    Such requirements are.. Cannot have an upgrade on your account and cannot have had a multi exchange on your line in the past year.

Don't bring up the multi fru policy... They will if you qualify. Don't worry most people will qualify! The people on their high horses here want to act like its next to impossible to do this, its not. I've had multi fru's as have a lot of people I know.

Also don't call and be a total pain in the ***, make them feel sorry for you

Thanks Christine, your right about how people act high and mighty about it all and most don't even work for vzw. Its a policy and vzw will honor this to people that qualify. Some vzw reps act like they don't know about it but when you bring it up they all work with you. Some reps don't even know about it because many many people don't do it. You have to realize that CB is still a small precent to everyone that owns a storm or a BB. Just because we know about it, we still only stand for like 5% at the highest!

12-20-09 04:54 PM
    I still don't understand how people have so many problems with the Storm1. Mine worked just fine and never needed to be replaced.
    Yeah, its funny that every employee(vzw) that has it has had no problems. Thats because we know how to maintain the phone and make sure it running correctly. Normal customers are just lazy and expect a device to work perfect 100% of the time without having to do anything to it.

The people that have had 5-6 Storms either abused them or never ever cleared their cache, event log or sms/mms messages.
    12-20-09 04:55 PM
    I forget.... How do you clear the event log?

12-20-09 05:21 PM
    Those are a couple more of the requirements... There are still several others...
    12-20-09 10:27 PM
    Thanks Christine, your right about how people act high and mighty about it all and most don't even work for vzw. Its a policy and vzw will honor this to people that qualify. Some vzw reps act like they don't know about it but when you bring it up they all work with you. Some reps don't even know about it because many many people don't do it. You have to realize that CB is still a small precent to everyone that owns a storm or a BB. Just because we know about it, we still only stand for like 5% at the highest!

Its not a policy... People should stop saying it is...
    12-20-09 10:30 PM
    Its not a policy... People should stop saying it is...
    How is it not a policy? It can't be against policy..then the manages /CS reps that do it would get fired!

12-20-09 11:10 PM
    Theres no policy that states if a customer has a certain amount of replacement phones, Verizon has to replace the phone with a different model...

There is a policy concerning the option that Verizon reps have to replace the device with a different model device, but at no point is a rep required to replace a customer's defective phone with a new device...
    12-20-09 11:13 PM
    Damn some of you people with 11 phone are crazy. Im all for taking the consumer's side but something has to be wrong with you if you have that many returns. I can understand if it was the first batch of BB Tours and your trackball stopped working. But even than you probably used the ball with some oily *** hands. I use to work for ATT a long time ago and work at a verizon retailer some times part time and people sometimes are idiots when it comes to phones.

However, the whole battery pulling, message deleting, event log deleting; etc that is required for BB's is def. a hassle for non-techy people. This is why the iphone is so loved. Its literally the "smartphone for dumbies" anyone can use it and use it well with relatively no knowledge.

Does verizon require you to go show them the problem in the store? This should lower false claims. I think they should require this. I know att and tmobile never did that.

I could easily see people trying to abuse this and get new phones. I bet these claims increased when the S2 came out and they will raise again for the Tour 2. **** i dont understand some people. I change phones alottttttt (2-3 months) and as long as you sell the last one and get a good deal on the new phone your not out of that much $. **** i jsut got my tour on dec. 5th and im gonna get the tour even if it comes out next month or whenever.
    Last edited by s.hasan546; 12-21-09 at 01:11 AM.
    12-21-09 01:08 AM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD