12-28-09 10:51 PM
127 123 ...
tools
    Ive had to replace my storm 2 times already in 8 months... both times have been under manufacture defects... Now Im on my 3rd one and half the screen will go black and wont come back unless i shut the phone down and restart it... I know T mobile use to do like a lemon policy... return a phone 3 times in less then a year under manufacture defects and you could exchange the phone for another phone... does verizon offer this and if they do... will i get a phone for what my phone was worth when i bought it or what it is currently worth? Thanks
    11-22-09 11:53 AM
    No. Your warranty covers the same phone.
    11-22-09 11:57 AM
    so unfortunately i just have to have them keep replacing the same phone?
    11-22-09 12:04 PM
    Well you're assuming the phone will keep breaking. You should be coming up close to an annual upgrade if you're at 8 months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 12:43 PM
    They will send you a brand new version of your phone. if anything. They are replacing the phone you purchased. What phone do you want, if I may ask........

11-22-09 02:34 PM
    do you have insurance? many people here have been upgraded (including my self) for phones being returned several times. Their policy IS to send you an identical phone, but every now and then you may get an offer to change - it's up to them though.
    11-22-09 04:46 PM
    the real deal through tech support is that if you have had three phone of the same model replaced within 90 days. their policy is to replace with a new phone of equivalent value. so storm goes to storm 2. curve goes to tour. you will pay nothing out of pocket but it will push your elgability for upgrade out 20 months from the date the replacement is processed. their terminology for this replacement policy is multi fru.
    11-22-09 04:46 PM
    Sometimes a manager will authorize a replacement of "equal" feature phone. They have a matrix grid that has a list of approved devices. It all depends on the store manager. When I had problems with my Storm 1 they switched me to a Tour. It just depends on the manager of your local corp. store.
    11-22-09 05:37 PM
    If they do that it extends your upgrade date 20 months just like you did an upgrade fyi.

11-22-09 07:17 PM
    up to them though.
    Just quoting for emphasis. This is the key here.

There are policies that allow it in certain situations, but if you call in asking "GIMMIE NEW DIFFERENT PHONE", just like customers who demand credits, you're probably gonna make the rep clam up.
    11-22-09 07:20 PM
    if they had such a policy, people would use it and lie about stuff happening to their phones.

It happens a lot even without such a firm policy..
    11-22-09 07:41 PM
    I went into a verizon last week, with my storm 1, and was in to AGAIN switch my phone out for the 3rd time in 2 months (no it wasn't a user error, every refurbished phone I got was a POS). They could tell I was aggravated and they were going to upgrade me to the storm 2 for free but instead I went with the tour (very happy I did). I guess it just depends on what verizon you go to.
    11-22-09 07:42 PM
    You might wanna check your upgrade dates because it probably extended them.

11-23-09 02:50 PM
    You might wanna check your upgrade dates because it probably extended them.

I would replace with definately
    11-23-09 03:10 PM
    My wife had 9 voyagers before they gave her an early upgrade.....one phone even came unpainted...it was cool looking.
    11-23-09 03:10 PM
    My wife had 9 voyagers before they gave her an early upgrade.....one phone even came unpainted...it was cool looking.
    I would have kept that!~
    11-23-09 03:12 PM
    yeah it had this terminator look to it...It was totally bad *ss.
    11-23-09 03:13 PM
    It was probably the titanium one?
    11-23-09 04:22 PM
    Nope. There was some black aeound keyboard. They sent here the titanium one after that one. I should have taken pics.

11-23-09 04:29 PM
    Okay so I called and received my third storm in less then 1 year... I got the refurbished phone they sent towards the end of october... its now toward the end of december and I called this morning to have the refurbished one replaced again. This is replacement #4. The customer service rep looked at my record and said " you know what? since this will be the 4th one in a year, lets try something different." and decided to upgrade me to a storm 2 for no charge... after reading all of the review of the storm 2... im hoping its better :-). I like VZW customer service :-) I usually have good experiences... id be willing to say over 95% of the time its a great experience.
    12-19-09 04:44 PM
    I have gotten a free update on both my storm lines. The first line had 5 replaced storms and my second line had 11 replaced storms. I was put into the s2 on both lines with no questions asked. Just call up vzw and ask the question about multifru policy and the warranty matrix.

12-19-09 05:23 PM
    I still don't understand how people have so many problems with the Storm1. Mine worked just fine and never needed to be replaced.
    12-19-09 06:31 PM
    I still don't understand how people have so many problems with the Storm1. Mine worked just fine and never needed to be replaced.
    Maybe youre lucky? I use to think mine worked fine, but then i started thinking about it... i shouldnt have to deal with a slow phone, or have to pull my battery every now and then to get my sms to work right. my phone shouldnt reset by itself, EVER! just my 2 cents... but hey congrats to you for having the only problem free storm! Id put it on ebay :-)
    12-19-09 06:56 PM
    I have gotten a free update on both my storm lines. The first line had 5 replaced storms and my second line had 11 replaced storms. I was put into the s2 on both lines with no questions asked. Just call up vzw and ask the question about multifru policy and the warranty matrix.

Good job!

Okay so I called and received my third storm in less then 1 year... I got the refurbished phone they sent towards the end of october... its now toward the end of december and I called this morning to have the refurbished one replaced again. This is replacement #4. The customer service rep looked at my record and said " you know what? since this will be the 4th one in a year, lets try something different." and decided to upgrade me to a storm 2 for no charge... after reading all of the review of the storm 2... im hoping its better :-). I like VZW customer service :-) I usually have good experiences... id be willing to say over 95% of the time its a great experience.
    And a good job to you to!

12-19-09 07:18 PM
    Good job!

And a good job to you to!

You are such the advocate for this. Someone needs to get you a gold star.....and a badge.........and a sash........and a crown. Then you should marry the Multi Fru policy and have cute Old Fru babies.
    12-20-09 01:42 AM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD