All the threads are older.

CURRENTLY... When you block a number on Verizon's site, what does the caller hear?

Click hangup? Or a recorded message they are being blocked? If they get a message, then what does it currently say, I've seen older threads elsewhere and see different answers including an MP3 of VZW saying there are restrictions on the line etc.

Thanks much!
    03-22-10 09:30 PM
    You could always try calling from another phone to be positive...there are apps that you can set to block numbers and have the voicemail say whatever you want...like...the number you dialed is no longer in service...error messages..or different greetings to piis off telemarketers or even funny greetings.
    03-22-10 09:35 PM
    Yeah, no "quick way to do it right now, no landline and this is what I use at work, haha... Plus other work phones cycle through numbers.

Not to be a ****, but I don't umm, see an unblock on the VZW, I assume one must appear? If I block a friends cell and it sticks, that would sorta suck, haha...

PS: I'm on Android, I do have a (basic) app set to just pickup and hangup (cool I guess, better if it gave a disconnected message). But, sadly they don't work when you're actually already on a call, it just goes to VM. I don't want these calls to leave messages at all.

Always open to other apps that work better like leave custom messages.

Thanks much for your thoughts
    03-22-10 09:42 PM
    I can tell you for sure that if you block a number using the Usage Controls feature, the caller gets a message that goes something like: The owner of this account has blocked your number.
    03-22-10 09:47 PM
    Ahh, that's what I don't want... Bummer...

Answered my question then if that is the case

Thank you sir...
    03-22-10 09:51 PM
    Where did all the bickering go? It was fun....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 05:13 PM
    Bickering? No, no bickering here...
    03-23-10 05:18 PM
    IF you have a BB, just get "Call Blocker Pro".
    It can send a text message, roll them to voice mail, etc.
    03-23-10 09:06 PM
    Bickering? No, no bickering here...
    Oh...ok. Must have been my imagination.

03-23-10 11:29 PM
    Oh...ok. Must have been my imagination.

More like my nightmare. But it's all better now!
    03-24-10 08:14 AM
    More like my nightmare. But it's all better now!
    Hahaha See its not just me! Now I have to live vicariously through others.dont want that other warning.lol!
    03-24-10 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD