Looking for help since VZW has no clue...

I was a prepaid customer whoe switched in October to a Storm2 post-paid.

After the switch, I continued getting messages related to the prepaid account. Eventually, VZW disconnected my service becuase the prepaid account expired.

They got me reconnected but I continued getting the messages. Then I was disconnected again last week. They got me reconnected again by deleting my account from the network then putting the info back. But now, I can not send or receive text messages. Everything, including MMS, works just fine.

Now I am being told it is something in their software development that has to be redesigned to fix this problem.

Thank goodness for BBM, but my non-BB friends cant reach me through good "old-fashioned" texts.

Am I just getting the runaround? Could this really be a "software development issue"?
    12-05-09 11:24 AM
    Did you keep your number? If you did, could that be the cause?
    My experience, don't always except the first answer they give. Call customer service, if possible go to a different store and try to find an experienced rep or manager. Often someone higher up the food chain will have more experience. If they are pressed for time or tired, they may tell you anything just to get pass you.
    Last edited by ed29550; 12-05-09 at 12:04 PM.
    12-05-09 11:48 AM
    Yes, I ported my number to the postpaid account. But, according to VZW, the prepaid account has been completely deleted.

I understood the messages before the account expired, but it has been expired and deleted.

On the bright side, since I can not receive ANY texts messages, this has technically resolved the prepaid message problem.

I find it difficult to beleive that they are going to have to redevelop or redesign their network software because of something that seems like a simple fix.
    12-05-09 11:52 AM
    A friend of mine had that same issue so she took it in the Verizon store and the sales rep couldn't figure it out. They kept sending her test txt msgs but nothing would go thru nor would send out but everything else worked fine. They even got technical support involved. The sales rep decided to give her another brand new S2 and she hasn't had any problems since.
    12-05-09 12:06 PM
    That might have to be the next thing to try. I even asked for a new number thinking that would solve the problem. But, according to the rep, it wouldnt help because it is a "switch" issue. The device is fine according to VZW.

Can I demand a new device?
    12-05-09 12:21 PM
    No.. Don't demand a new device...

I would press harder to get the number changed. That will often times resolve issues of this nature...
    12-05-09 05:42 PM
    Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 06:10 PM
    Most likely the issue is related to the phone number. Porting from prepaid to postpaid is a relatively new feature. Numbers used to designated as only prepay or post pay...and switching back or forth required a number change.

Since you're having the issue, whom did you speak with so far? A store rep (DIRECT STORE), or customer service, or someone in Data Tech Support. Any Tech support rep should be able to file a trouble ticket to send to the Network Repair Bereau to help find the cause of the problem...
    12-06-09 02:23 PM
    Customer service line only. They have opened a trouble ticket but it has been open for almost two weeks without a resolution.

12-06-09 03:12 PM
    Did you receive a Trouble Ticket number? Normally customer service doesn't file Trouble Tickets. If it has been two week and you have a TT number, it can escalated if the response has been delayed. Just give a call to customer service to inquire on the ticket status.
    12-06-09 03:23 PM
    I do have the TT number. I opened it two weeks ago on Monday. They told me it would be a day to a week. This past Wednesday it was still open and the customer service rep said she would call me this coming Wednesday to update me. That will make two weeks plus without SMS. Its very frustrating.

12-06-09 03:27 PM
    definitely understandable, sorry for the trouble
    12-06-09 03:34 PM
    ok. So I called VZW to check on the trouble ticket. The Tech Support Rep inquired if I had been asked to perform a master reset. I have not. So I am doing that now. Very nervous, wish me luck...
    12-08-09 01:09 AM
    Finally! I can send SMS again. All it took was two and half weeks, and having to threaten to go to the media, a lawyer, and an AT and T store. After informing VZW of my plan, they resolved the problem in half an hour. Makes me wonder why they did not do this two and a half weeks ago.
    12-09-09 07:57 PM
    Finally! I can send SMS again. All it took was two and half weeks, and having to threaten to go to the media, a lawyer, and an AT and T store. After informing VZW of my plan, they resolved the problem in half an hour. Makes me wonder why they did not do this two and a half weeks ago.
    I think it's ridiculous when people make these idol threats but I'm glad it's working for you now.
    12-09-09 08:00 PM
    I agree, but if that's what it takes to get results, then so be it. It's just too bad it has to come down to threats to get a service you are paying for.
    12-09-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD