Anyone else think it strange that Verizon does not have a mobile capable site?

Their current site has a lot flash navigation so it is not mobile friendly nor streamlined for mobile viewing.

I would like to see one or have them release the My Verizon handset app for the Storm. Yes I know they released one for Blackberry trackball phones and it is usable by the Storm with compatibility disabled.

But the ink no longer works to download the app OTA. What is your thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 10:47 AM
    While not all-inclusive, have you tried this link?

VZStart

Other than that, I agree - VZW should have a full mobile presence. At least it is better than T-Mobile's site.

07-12-09 12:20 PM
    Nah thats not a link to look for.

Talking about an actual site to browse new phones, read reviews, send emails to contact Verizon, My Account access and buy accessories and so on like you can surfing it on a PC.
    07-12-09 12:48 PM
    Anyone else think it strange that Verizon does not have a mobile capable site?

Their current site has a lot flash navigation so it is not mobile friendly nor streamlined for mobile viewing.

I would like to see one or have them release the My Verizon handset app for the Storm. Yes I know they released one for Blackberry trackball phones and it is usable by the Storm with compatibility disabled.

But the ink no longer works to download the app OTA. What is your thoughts?

There is a MyVerizon for the Storm (came out 6/18) and you can get it from the following OTA link.

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/myver...rizonStorm.jad

07-12-09 01:20 PM
    Awesome did not know that. Was that posted in the blogs?

I did a search for something like that many times and came up dry.

Wow feel like a noob haha

Thanks Armak
    07-12-09 03:13 PM
    Awesome did not know that. Was that posted in the blogs?

I did a search for something like that many times and came up dry.

Wow feel like a noob haha

Thanks Armak
    No it wasn't posted in the blogs but should have been. There were surprisingly only two threads about the storm release. You're welcome.

07-12-09 07:37 PM
    yeah.. MY Verzion is completely available and mobile friendly.. not alot of folks here know about it..
    07-12-09 07:59 PM
    It was posted when it came available for the pearl and curve. I think the storm got overlooked, but it is there now

Hope they have it for the tour. as I will be the owner of one if all goes well by Tuesday.
    07-12-09 08:00 PM
    When you go to mobile.vzw.com, it should detect your phone & offer you the correct download.

MyVerizon seems to work well on the Tour.

07-12-09 08:18 PM

MyVerizon seems to work well on the Tour.

Yea, I have it installed on my Tour. Its a little buggy but not as bad as it was on the 8330

07-13-09 09:24 AM
    I havent had any problems
    07-13-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD