Hi everyone!

I'm not looking to start a flame war, or a shouting match, or anything like that.

If you plan on saying anything negative about ME, well then allow me to go first. I'll be the first to admit that reading about how wireless networks work gives me a headache. Yeah, I don't quite grasp most of it...

Anyway, my question is (specifically if you're in the Niagara Falls/Buffalo area of Western New York), is your BIS constantly not working? I seemingly never get emails/texts/BBM's , and the Browser is totally useless. I've actually seen it say 'Requesting' for half an hour (trying to load the Google homepage). This happens to me no matter what Blackberry I use (I've had three, if I recall correctly). A good friend of mine uses a Bold and doesn't really seem to have any of the problems I do, and he lives just a few minutes up Rt. 429.

Basically I just want to know, am I alone in my issues? Or have you/someone you know seen this happen as well?

Thanks for your input!

PS: I'm on a Curve 8530, if that makes any difference?
    01-21-11 02:40 PM
    Next to your signal meter what does it show (i.e 1X, 1x, 1XEV, 1xev)?

Also, have you tried updating your Preffered Roaming List? Dial *228 and select option 2.

Something else you could try is to resend service book.
    RobotSongBird likes this.
    01-21-11 02:50 PM
    IF you go into the outage forums, there appears to be BIS problem today.
    01-21-11 03:33 PM
    Next to your signal meter what does it show (i.e 1X, 1x, 1XEV, 1xev)?

Also, have you tried updating your Preffered Roaming List? Dial *228 and select option 2.

Something else you could try is to resend service book.
    I've tried both of those, but thank you anyway!
    01-21-11 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD