Thought I'd share this with you ...

I picked up a Network Extender at the local VZW store today. I've always had poor coverage at my home, so I thought I'd give it a try. This box works great. Full signal strength everywhere in the house and 1X is more than adequate for BIS mail, texting, and BB Messenger as well as browser use.

What was notable was the sales person at the store who claimed it was only good for phone and texting.
    07-15-09 10:00 PM
    Glad you like it Need to reset mine every now and then, but works fairly well overall
    07-15-09 10:03 PM
    Very happy with my Network Extender. I also have to reset mine once in a while as the signal strength drops occasionally if I don't. It's really nice when I have power outages in my area, as I have my modem, router, and extender on a UPS system. Can still use my phone and laptop online while the power is out ^^
    07-16-09 01:18 AM
    Out of curisoity does this negativly impact any wi-fi devices or cordless phones already running in the area?
    07-16-09 08:53 AM
    Out of curisoity does this negativly impact any wi-fi devices or cordless phones already running in the area?
    No it does not. It runs on a different frequency.
    07-16-09 10:06 AM
    However, the instructions do tell you to place the device, XX feet away from your wireless router.
    07-16-09 10:27 AM
    However, the instructions do tell you to place the device, XX feet away from your wireless router.
    That's just so that way there is not any EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) with the devices but it will not interfere with your wi-fi connection as long as you have it away from the router.
    07-16-09 10:30 AM
    I've posted in the past but I have had the extender since it was released and have been pleased with it. I have only had the occasional reboot when they push updates and I don't even remember the last time I unplugged it. In my situation calls, txt, IM work pretty good, browsing was slow but that is a given with the 1X limitation.

I may actually be looking to sell my box as I got a new "hybrid" PRL pushed to my BB that I guess allows connectivity to Alltel towers that are not yet converted. Needless to say I have full 1XEV at home now that I am super happy about. When I was making test calls last night just a few feet away from the extender the BB wasn't even connecting to it since the signal to the local alltel tower is so good. I will hold on to it for a bit yet just to make sure but I think it will be up for grabs in the near future.
    07-16-09 12:55 PM
    I've posted in the past but I have had the extender since it was released and have been pleased with it. I have only had the occasional reboot when they push updates and I don't even remember the last time I unplugged it. In my situation calls, txt, IM work pretty good, browsing was slow but that is a given with the 1X limitation.

I may actually be looking to sell my box as I got a new "hybrid" PRL pushed to my BB that I guess allows connectivity to Alltel towers that are not yet converted. Needless to say I have full 1XEV at home now that I am super happy about. When I was making test calls last night just a few feet away from the extender the BB wasn't even connecting to it since the signal to the local alltel tower is so good. I will hold on to it for a bit yet just to make sure but I think it will be up for grabs in the near future.
    How did you get a hold of this 'hybrid prl' push update?
    07-16-09 03:49 PM

If you really want to sell the extender PM me and we will talk about it I have been looking to get one just can't afford the 249.99 right now.
    07-16-09 04:14 PM
    If you havent got one yet I have one I will sell ya for $200. PM if interested
    01-05-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD