So I have had problems with my signal for the past month. I had 2 Tour's that had this problem and was switched to the Bold. The bold gives me the exact same problem! So I contact tech support, and they issue a trouble ticket. Takes a week, no problem. I call back a week later and there was never issued a ticket. So I have them re-issue another ticket. They say I will get a call when its resolved. I call them today and its been resolved, but no call. But the ticket lists "Do not Call" WTF!!!

So the person tells me its not a network problem, its a device problem. It takes 2 weeks to find out its a "known" bold issue. Its nothing they do but its a manufacture problem. She then tells me its a software problem. Well dont verizon adjust work with Blackberrys OS to create their own??

Well so is it the phone or the software??? The lady then tells me they can send me a replacement, WHY? I have had 3 phones now and they all have the same exact problem. She says all they can do is send me a replacement. If its the phone or the software's problem, the new phone is going to have the EXACT same software and parts. So I said "Isnt the new phone going to have the exact same software and parts which is causing the problem?" Yes...."well then why the **** would I want to get another phone that has the same problem??" She then got quiet, realizing she was wrong.

I dont belive one person to the next! Is it the network, software or phone problem??? No one knows one from the next.
    09-09-10 06:04 PM
    So I have had problems with my signal for the past month. I had 2 Tour's that had this problem and was switched to the Bold. The bold gives me the exact same problem! So I contact tech support, and they issue a trouble ticket. Takes a week, no problem. I call back a week later and there was never issued a ticket. So I have them re-issue another ticket. They say I will get a call when its resolved. I call them today and its been resolved, but no call. But the ticket lists "Do not Call" WTF!!!

So the person tells me its not a network problem, its a device problem. It takes 2 weeks to find out its a "known" bold issue. Its nothing they do but its a manufacture problem. She then tells me its a software problem. Well dont verizon adjust work with Blackberrys OS to create their own??

Well so is it the phone or the software??? The lady then tells me they can send me a replacement, WHY? I have had 3 phones now and they all have the same exact problem. She says all they can do is send me a replacement. If its the phone or the software's problem, the new phone is going to have the EXACT same software and parts. So I said "Isnt the new phone going to have the exact same software and parts which is causing the problem?" Yes...."well then why the **** would I want to get another phone that has the same problem??" She then got quiet, realizing she was wrong.

I dont belive one person to the next! Is it the network, software or phone problem??? No one knows one from the next.
    My bet is that it's a phone problem. Sadly, it's a phone problem that you can't fix with a device swap. I went through 7 Storm devices and 4 Tour's (Not all for signal issues, but these issues were there) and always had the same issue. However, I never had this issue after I bought the Motorola Droid a year ago and no issues with my Droid 2. I know many will disagree with me as not everyone has these problems but my signal kept fluctuating and dropping to "Searching for CDMA" where is shouldn't ever do it.
    09-09-10 06:28 PM
    My signal jumps so much my battery drains quick and I miss calls. I been dropping calls too.
    09-09-10 06:32 PM
    My signal jumps so much my battery drains quick and I miss calls. I been dropping calls too.
    You're basically dealing with the same problems that forced me to buy an Android device earlier than I would of liked. I've used Android before when I had T-Mobile but I didn't want to spend the $600 to switch to one. I got so tired of the phone issues that Blackberry has been providing me so I paid the price. And guess what? It was worth every bit of the money I spent to get Android back.

Just remember though - Not all phones provide the same signal quality. I find that my Motorola Droid 2 and my older Droid provide the best signal I've ever had.
    09-09-10 06:36 PM
    I have no signal issues with my Bold. NONE ! sorry you are having such problems
    09-09-10 06:48 PM
    You have verizon? And what OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 07:04 PM
    Two options here: 1) Go Android, if you want. (but don't make a 'I WENT ANDROID AND BB SUCKS! thread) or 2) Keep getting new devices in hope of finding a real fix.
    09-09-10 07:10 PM
    I just got this phone as upgrade, who knows if they will let me get the Droid or not. Or even for the price I got this phone.
    09-09-10 07:35 PM

WHY? I have had 3 phones now and they all have the same exact problem.
    i think it's a problem in your area/ where you are when you're using the phone...brick walls? underground location? signal blockers? congested traffic?
    09-09-10 07:43 PM
    i think it's a problem in your area/ where you are when you're using the phone...brick walls? underground location? signal blockers? congested traffic?
    The engineers researched my area and said my area is good. This happens everywhere. At home, in the car, different locations....
    09-09-10 07:46 PM
    I have no idea what this means? Is this English?
    09-10-10 03:06 AM
    For someone who has 523 posts, I'm surprised you haven't realized there have been multiple posts on jumping signal strength on the Tours and Bolds. Seems like you might've known that before issuing 2 trouble tickets and creating a thread about how Verizon needs to figure things out.
    09-10-10 08:38 AM
    When I was using my original Tour it would jump around even a foot away from some Droids my family has. I finally did a warranty exchange as the bounce became unbearable with it constantly jumping to "searching for cdma" and essentially unusable. The replacement wasn't quite as bad but was still exhibiting a strong tendency to do that.

I don't think the iPhone 4 is the only one with signal issues, as a lot of BB users enjoyed mocking them. I think there is some sort of fault in the Tour's antenna/radio also, especially when other devices directly nearby aren't exhibiting the same issue on the same carrier and same tower at the same time...
    09-15-10 01:24 AM
    Next time that you call have the vzw person check again to make sure your are on the correct PRL , they can do that and set it for you if its not without you having to do the *228 .
    I think that gets the hybrid or something sometimes .

You can yourself try dialing *18 that is suppose to connect you to the nearest tower to your location.
    09-15-10 08:26 AM
    Verizon out of the blue called me yesterday. Apparently now there is a known issue for signal with Bold. Its a software problem and they r working with RIM to get it fixed in a future OS release

09-16-10 07:22 AM
    Verizon out of the blue called me yesterday. Apparently now there is a known issue for signal with Bold. Its a software problem and they r working with RIM to get it fixed in a future OS release

So?...That's what they told you in the begining...
    09-16-10 11:34 AM
    No they said they didn't know and it could be the phone or os. Didn't know forsure and didn't know problem. Now they know what is causing and working on fix

09-16-10 11:36 AM

That sounds like they told you already, but if they are working on fixing it at least that's better then them replacing your phone all the time.
    09-16-10 11:47 AM
    They said they found out its a known problem, but if I misworded the first post. They said they didn't know if it was the OS or device. Now. Its known its the OS

09-16-10 12:18 PM
    It must be user specific or area specific because I never had any signal issues with my 9650 or any of my other Blackberrys. The only issue was the speaker blast with the 8330
    09-17-10 08:50 AM
    I wonder if they had certain batches that suffered from this or if people live close enough to towers that the fluctuation just doesn't get noticed. Since they probably had good enough signal strength to maintain a decent connection regardless. I know it's real, or believe it at any rate, as it was real enough on my original and replacement Tour...
    09-17-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD