hi,

Can somone clarify Verizon NE2 for instore vs online purchases? Whenever going instore the phone is more expensive than online purchases. Because verizon is ending it new every 2 year program. I am just wondering if I were to purchase a smartphone like the blackberry. The NE2 will not lower the prices of the phone I buy online?
    01-16-11 01:33 PM
    If is cheaper online because they offer instant rebates that are normally mail in at the store. So if the phone is 299 in store and you get 100 in a prepaid debit card within 4-6 weeks. So you pay 199. Online youll pay 199, as the phone is discounted 100 instantly.
    01-16-11 01:38 PM
    If is cheaper online because they offer instant rebates that are normally mail in at the store. So if the phone is 299 in store and you get 100 in a prepaid debit card within 4-6 weeks. So you pay 199. Online youll pay 199, as the phone is discounted 100 instantly.
    Higher End phones (specific droid models) no longer have an instant discount online, they require the mail in rebate as well. not ALL droids but specific high-end ones do. (Fascinate, Droid X, Droid Pro, etc).

I believe Blackberries are safe from this as they are no longer regarded as "High End" devices by verizon. So you get an instant rebate for BB online.
    01-16-11 04:28 PM
    Higher End phones (specific droid models) no longer have an instant discount online, they require the mail in rebate as well. not ALL droids but specific high-end ones do. (Fascinate, Droid X, Droid Pro, etc).
    That's not always true. If you watch the website close, even those you mention often have a 24 hour promotion with no mail in rebate.

Another reason why phones seem more expensive in the stores is because the phone price is often advertised bundled with accessories.
    01-17-11 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD