03-16-11 02:01 PM
80 1234
tools
    thanks everyone. I will attempt to get this tomorrow.
    Let is know how you make out with the app at the park when you get back. Maybe even do a community review.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 11:37 AM
    Disneyparks is the twitter ID for the Disney Parks Blog. I sent a tweet asking for any updated info. Will see if the author of the blog gets back to me or not.......

Hey, cool beans, they just Direct Message/tweeted back to me saying:

We're told this should be available later today.
    I sent another message back asking if TXTing MAGIC to 2777 was the only way to get it or if it will be available via VZW or some other means. I'll post if I hear anything on that.
    11-10-09 11:44 AM
    Another update from Disneyparks....

They/he is gathering more info to share "shortly".
    11-10-09 12:11 PM
    We may be getting close......looks like m.disneyworld.com has been updated...........Though on my Tour, it is looking a little funky at the moment.....I'll try and post a pic when I can.....
    11-10-09 01:49 PM
    looks like problems have occurred with downloading this app.

Trying to download the Disney Mobile Magic app? Laughs and Rants from My Inner Child
    11-10-09 10:16 PM
    A "duh" direct quote from that link:

....No one ever set up which phones are compatible. Disney says Verizon was supposed to handle it since it's Verizon's phones. But a VW manager said they're waiting for Disney to give the list.
    The best they could tell me is to wait and keep trying; hopefully it'll be fine in the next few days.
    I love that last one. The conspiracy theorist in me says VZW orchestrated the non-working softlaunch so we would all spend TXT messages trying to download it for several days........

And they will need to fix the mobile version as it does not format properly on (at least) the Tour's screen. It needs a wider screen, though this may be to appease the iPhone crowd....given that phone's screen size. I tried both page view and column view. Most screens work just fine in either, but not anything with longer text.
    11-11-09 07:52 AM
    I just tried texting magic to 2777 again and it still does not work. I am going to call VZW to ask for a credit for my attempts........
    11-11-09 07:54 AM
    I hope it will be available for the curve and by the end of the week. I am leaving for Disney on Sunday...
    11-11-09 08:13 AM
    Ceedrus,

At least m.disneyworld.com is available.

A side note to my prior comment.....it looks like VZW does not charge you the hit to TXT for app download attempts that fail. I logged onto my VZW account and there was no activity noted for my attempts yesterday. I'll double check later today to be sure......
    11-11-09 09:04 AM
    I tweeted Disneyparks again. They had tweeted earlier today that they were "live". But that tweet has been removed.

Hopefully I can get some good info from them regarding when the downloadability will be fixed......etc.....
    11-11-09 09:57 AM
    true jlb21 never been on m.disneyworld.com before
    11-11-09 10:03 AM
    just called 888-819-5546 to find out what is going on. they said they are up and running but they do not have a list of phones it is running on.. they told me to call vzw customer service and that they have an updated list of phones.
    11-11-09 10:13 AM
    this app is not available for blackberries just got off the phone with vzw customer service. they told me to download wdwmaps.
    11-11-09 10:32 AM
    WTF.... Not available for BB? This blows. Did they tell you why?

What is WDWmaps and how do you get theM....

11-11-09 10:44 AM
    I called that number too. They tried telling me to go to "Media Center". But blackberries don't have that. They told me to call VZW 611. I did and I am awaiting getting connected to Tech Support to see if I can get any other info.

Granted, this is soft launch, but it has been a pretty pi$$ poor soft launch in my book.
    11-11-09 10:49 AM
    Most people that go to Disney either have a BB or Iphone, what a bonehead move on their part!
    11-11-09 10:49 AM
    ooooh quick post. Not for BB's.....that sucks. Bad decision to leave us out if that is the case.

Once I get connected to Tech Support, I'll see if I can get any more info.......

Most people that go to Disney either have a BB or Iphone, what a bonehead move on their part!
    +10000000000000000000000000000000
    11-11-09 10:50 AM
    What I don't get is that the maps in the app are GPS-enabled. The app needs to sense you are in the park to provide the real data.

How many Verizon phones have GPS that are not a Blackberry?

I would think not many........

I smell a VZW customer service agent that might not know what they are talking about......perhaps.
    11-11-09 10:53 AM
    Yep sounds like it to me. The people that have regular phones won't pay the 19.98 a year fee anyway. Come on Verizon you can do better than that!
    I must admit the two new Holiday commercials are pretty damn funny spoofing ATT so someone is doing their job.
    11-11-09 11:00 AM
    I am on the line with "Britney" from VZW Tech Support. She also isn't sure if it was meant to be able to run on BBs. But she also seemed frazzled saying "this just came out yesterday....."

She came back and said she thought it is perhaps only for Media Center enabled phones, which would rule out Blackberries. But she is going to call the Disney number noted above as a VZW rep to see if she can get any deeper into the food chain there than a customer......

Will report back when she calls me back......
    11-11-09 11:04 AM
    Yep sounds like it to me. The people that have regular phones won't pay the 19.98 a year fee anyway. Come on Verizon you can do better than that!
    I must admit the two new Holiday commercials are pretty damn funny spoofing ATT so someone is doing their job.
    Of course, maybe all they care about is being able to say "we have something AT&T/iPhone doesn't." But I have to think that with all the money put into it that they would go this route.......But I could be wrong.
    11-11-09 11:05 AM
    Here is my error message when i text Magic to 2777.

Either the specified keyword is not valid or the application is no longer available for purchase. Please text a different keyword for a different purchase.
    11-11-09 11:06 AM
    Britney from VZW tech support just called back.

At this time, the app is not available for Blackberry Devices.

Very, very, very poor decision by VZW/Disney IMHO. And I was so willing to pay for it.

How many people with "regular", GPS capable phones, probably even know about the app's existence and will be willing to spend for it? I cannot imagine that is a very high %.
    11-11-09 11:12 AM
    Orlando Sentinal Article:

Exclusive: Disney Verizon app will allow users to check wait times, plan for events | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com

Disney is officially launching a downloadable cell phone application for Verizon customers as well as two new mobile Web sites to provide guests toting BlackBerrys, iPhones and other smartphones more information while inside the park.
    That makes it sound like he knew it wouldn't be for BBs and Smart phones. Dis/VZW should have communicated this up front!!!!

But, at least, the article states:

Eventually, Verizon plans to make the app available on smartphones including BlackBerrys and the recently launched Motorola Droid.
    We'll see how quickly they do this, if at all. Will they have it ready for my Christmas trip to Disney......I doubt it.
    11-11-09 11:36 AM
    WTF.... Not available for BB? This blows. Did they tell you why?

What is WDWmaps and how do you get theM....

here is the link: appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2712 but the funny thing is that the rep told me it would work on my curve ( 8330 ) and it is not an app for my phone.

This whole thing makes no sense.
    11-11-09 11:38 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD