03-16-11 01:01 PM
80 123 ...
tools
    Does anyone know when the vzw mobile magic app from disney will be available and the cost of this app? I've read it would be a one time fee for the app but have also read it would be a monthly fee. Any information would be appreciated.
    10-30-09 10:45 AM
    My perusing through various Disney webs/forums says that it will be available "in November" (great for me since I am next going over Christmas).

I have also read many places that the expectation for cost is $9.95 for a sixth month period.

Many folks seem to be upset at "such a high fee" for the app. I don't see it as such. I see it as reasonable given what the typical cost of week in Disney ends up being.

I will absolutely get/use it on this trip in December. That will be my barometer to determine if I will use it going forward on subsequent trips to the World.
    10-30-09 01:34 PM
    My trip is the week of Nov. 15 so hopefully this will be out shortly.

Thanks for input
    10-30-09 02:06 PM
    Seems like it's gonna be a super sweet app too. You read the blog about it right?

http://crackberry.com/disney-mobile-...izon-customers
    10-30-09 02:11 PM
    yes sir i did, thats the first I had heard about the disney app.
    10-30-09 03:14 PM
    Anyone else have any info on this app. Our trip is for nov. 15th hoping to get this before we go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 10:36 AM
    Anyone have any info?

11-03-09 08:00 AM
    Nope. I am keeping my eyes peeled on the disboards forum and will post here if I see anything of note......
    11-03-09 09:21 AM
    Thanks. Ill keep looking for info of this

11-03-09 09:53 AM
    One interesting post I Read elsewhere postulated that the "in park" infrastructure may be similar to that for the Kim Possible adventure at Epcot:

Disney's Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure | Walt Disney World Resort

With that point noted, perhaps they may also have mobile magic phones for rent at the parks. So even if you are not a Verizon user, you may be able to rent a device for the day to get the enhanced content. I have seen nothing that supports this as a real possibility, but I could see it as a nice (money making) add on for Disney.

EDIT: That Kim Possible Adventure seems really cool. That might be the only reason we would go into Epcot on our next trip in December....

Last edited by jlb21; 11-03-09 at 10:17 AM.
    11-03-09 09:57 AM
    Thanks. Ill keep looking for info of this

Thanks for posting this..... We are going Thanksgiving weekend and I was hoping it would be released by then... I will continue to look also.
    11-04-09 11:08 AM
    Nope. I am keeping my eyes peeled on the disboards forum and will post here if I see anything of note......
    Thanks very much for looking also...
    11-04-09 11:09 AM
    Anyone else have any information on this app?

11-08-09 12:07 PM
    Well, I think we are getting close. After the announcement, I tried going to the mobile side (which will give you the stripped down version).

Post announcement, you get no connection to the mobile site. then a few days later, it just linked you to the full Disney site. A few days after that it seems to link you to an almost mobile optimixed version of the main site.

Still, the app isn't there yet, but at least it looks like they are readying the mobile side of things for the non-Verizon folk.

As long as it's there by Xmas I'll be happy.
    11-09-09 07:56 AM
    EDIT: That Kim Possible Adventure seems really cool. That might be the only reason we would go into Epcot on our next trip in December....

Wow, if Kim Possible is the only reason you would want to goto Epcot, you've either never been there or are ********.
    11-09-09 08:06 AM
    Taken out of context.....

My wife and daughter and I have been there many times. There is nothing new there that we haven't really seen or done, except for Kim P.

We are being taken by my in-laws over Xmas and will have 5 days there (4 full and 1 partial). What I meant is that because of our having been to Epcot several times, we don't want to use one of our 5 days there.

There is new stuff at Animal Kingdom since we last went (most notably Expedition Everest) and at the Studios (American Idol and several things we never have done like the stunt show).

Sooooo, across our almost 5 full days, we want to dedicate our time to 3 parks (MK, AK, and HS).

Given how the crowds are likely to be, we feel this is one of our best ways of handling things.
    11-09-09 08:48 AM
    Thanks foe info jlb hope your visit goes smoothly. We are less than a week out for our trip, we are taking our 2 year old daughter. It will be her first trip so hopefully all goes well.

11-09-09 09:02 AM
    One user on the Disboards forum just posted (baed on what they read somewhere) that the app will release on the 10th, tomorrow.

I also read, but don't have any validation, that another user stated that "since the app/development started so long ago, the app may be BREW only and modern Windows Mobile or other Smartphones won't work."

Sounds like an iphone user to me. I would actually surmise that the delay (from original announcement in 2007?) to make sure they incorporated enough platforms.

We'll see........

If in fact it is released tomorrow and you rush to download, don't forget the main app will only provide the real time wait time/fastpass data in park. So don't think it is not working if you cannot get that data.
    11-09-09 01:41 PM
    Where can it be downloaded from? Has the vzw app store been released for s2

11-09-09 03:10 PM
    11-09-09 04:21 PM
    This app comes out tomorrow, November 10. It will be $10 for 6 months. Totally worth it. I think you have to text "Magic" to 2777.
    11-09-09 06:31 PM
    thanks everyone. I will attempt to get this tomorrow.
    11-09-09 08:14 PM
    Yep. Soft launch today. Read it at allears.net
    11-10-09 07:10 AM
    Doesn't look like it is live yet.

I texted "Magic" to 2777 and got the following response almost immediately:

Either the specified keyword is not valid or the application is no longer available for purchase. Please text a different keyword for a different purchase.
    11-10-09 07:13 AM
    Disneyparks is the twitter ID for the Disney Parks Blog. I sent a tweet asking for any updated info. Will see if the author of the blog gets back to me or not.......
    11-10-09 10:29 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD