Hi i was wondering if there was any way to receive my mms pics messages directly in my in box. whenever i receive a picture message i just get an sms text message saying "You've got a pix/flix message, to see it, visit wwwvzwpixcomfrom an internet accessible computer..."

is there anything i can do to view the picture message instantly in my inbox?
    any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    -tony
    06-06-08 06:50 PM
    Hi i was wondering if there was any way to receive my mms pics messages directly in my in box. whenever i receive a picture message i just get an sms text message saying "You've got a pix/flix message, to see it, visit wwwvzwpixcomfrom an internet accessible computer..."

-tony
    Have them emailed to your BlackBerry.
    06-06-08 06:54 PM
    You can neither send nor receive MMS messages on an 8830. Verizon does not provide MMS capability on their phones without cameras.

It can't be done, except by having them emailed as noted above.
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-06-08 at 06:55 PM. Reason: added ref to emailing
    06-06-08 06:55 PM

-tony

To my knowledge no... reason being the 8830 does not have a camera therefore the picture messaging feature is dissabled... as you cannot send picture messages.... (please someone correct me if i am wrong)
    06-06-08 06:56 PM
    ah ok,
    thanks all.
    06-06-08 07:28 PM
    It sucks to have to do that. Plus if there is sound/or video you hv to be on an actual pc. maybe they will enable it one day but doubt it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 05:20 PM
    It's highly unlikely they will enable MMS for the 8830. Adding another mode requires more memory, and the 8830 is already very short of memory compared to their other phones. This is definitely a time to use the 30-day return option to get a phone with a camera if you want one.
    06-12-08 05:33 PM
    It's highly unlikely they will enable MMS for the 8830. Adding another mode requires more memory, and the 8830 is already very short of memory compared to their other phones.
    The MMS support COD is already being loaded by the OS loads. Only thing missing is the Service Book to make it work, that's all.
    06-12-08 08:55 PM
    So if they're loading the COD anyway, maybe my memory saving idea is wrong. I wonder why they don't enable the ability to receive MMS, then?
    06-12-08 09:00 PM
    So if they're loading the COD anyway, maybe my memory saving idea is wrong. I wonder why they don't enable the ability to receive MMS, then?

Verizon's reasoning is that they don't feel like they should activate this because the phone doesn't have a camera... Just another kick in the nards from America's most reliable network...
    06-14-08 08:09 PM
    This thread is old, but I just discovered the "no MMS" on my 8830. I thought for sure that I had read it was available on this phone (I know RIM says it is, but not Verizon). I was mistaken. So, once again, Verizon disables another built-in feature; except, this time, I don't see how it helps them make more money (like disabling GPS until you buy VZNav, for example). The real kicker is that, if you call and ask them, they tell you that they "can't" activate MMS for a non-camera phone. In truth, they just don't activate it for the non-camera blackberry. They have other non-camera phones that say on their website are MMS capable (the Z6cx and new non-camera G'zOne are examples). This is very frustrating. :\

-SR-
    09-25-08 10:31 AM
    BUMP

anyone figure this out yet? I had the pearl and kept having issues with it, so after replacing that twice verizon "upgraded" me to the 8830 saying it'd be better. How is it better for someone when they do photography and it doesn't have a camera? and now I find out it doesn't do MMS either? wtf. I sat on the phone with tech support for half an hour just to get them to figure out why vzwpix wasn't working for me either. Now if a pic is sent to my phone, I get a link. But this is still stupid.
    09-25-09 03:13 PM
    BUMP

anyone figure this out yet? I had the pearl and kept having issues with it, so after replacing that twice verizon "upgraded" me to the 8830 saying it'd be better. How is it better for someone when they do photography and it doesn't have a camera? and now I find out it doesn't do MMS either? wtf. I sat on the phone with tech support for half an hour just to get them to figure out why vzwpix wasn't working for me either. Now if a pic is sent to my phone, I get a link. But this is still stupid.
    Nothing is disabled on the device to prevent it. The feature is not available in the billing system because it is a non-camera phone. Nothing to figure out except if you're within 30 days to see if you can replace the 8830 with a curve.
    09-25-09 03:18 PM
    I'm sorry that you are frustrated (and possibly misled), but the 8830 has no camera and (on Verizon anyway) can neither send nor receive MMS. That's not something you can fix. I replaced my 8830 with a Tour. The functioning GPS and camera and MMS are nice to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 03:19 PM
    Uh... no it hasn't been figured out because the 8830 guess what... still doesnt have a camera. It works fine on the pearl however.
    09-25-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD