I've never seen this before. I just got an MMS advertising free greenday ringtones, full tracks, etc.
    I'm not sure I like this, unless VZW wants to give me discounted service to watch their ads. I imagine if I squint at my service agreement I'll find a clause giving them the right to do this.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry. I have only been with VZW for like 3 months and this is the first time I've gotten something like this. If this continues to pop up only every 3 months or whatever then I don't care. I just don't want to get daily messages trying to get me to subscribe to premium services. I know they are available and will add them if I need them.
    10-17-09 04:05 PM
    Sounds like one og those scam Premium MMS/SMS - if you reply, you may see a 9.99 charge on your account. As far as I know VZW does not do this
    10-17-09 04:07 PM
    How do you know it was from Verizon?
    10-17-09 04:42 PM
    A discount? Excuse me while I go laugh hysterically...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 07:13 PM
    I got those messages too it was so strange

10-17-09 10:23 PM
    I got the same thing from short code 3575 with the title VZW Content. I also has the message type set to "advertisement". Verizon has sent similar messages in the past to promote VCast. You guys are aware you can have your BB reject anonymous and advertising flagged MMS messages right? Goto OPTIONS then MMS then under message filtering select reject advertisements and reject anonymous messages. Hope this helps!

10-18-09 04:19 AM
    I've never received a text message from vzw. Any info they send is through email. Most likely it wasn't from them.

10-18-09 11:14 AM
    I've never received messges like that from verizon and I've had them for over 5 years now. Sounds like a premium service type company. Don't respond. My sister did and we got hit with a $9.99 charge on our bill.

10-18-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD