So I just got this letter in the mail telling me to go to BlackBerry® Software Updates and upgrade the phone's software. I already have v4.5 from US Cell. from what i can tell on this web site, for my 8330, its their Verizon of 4.5.

Does anyone know the differences in this?
    11-13-08 01:31 PM
    some verizon specific programs might not work and if they find out you have a uscc program on there, it can void your warranty. I would delete the USCC and go with the verizon edition. Im running it on my verizon curve and it works pretty well
    11-13-08 02:12 PM
    If it's the same version (4.5.0.77) then it won't matter. The versions are all the same between carriers. The only thing that governs what is loaded per device is the device model number and vendor ID which are hardcoded to the phone. So, if you're already on .77, don't bother... it's the same. The only thing the official VZW OS had that the leaked .77 didn't is the proper OEM ringtone file was included. That's all. If you don't believe me, run a check on the files and you'll see they are the same.

Now, if your version is different, then it's your call on what you want to do. I would upgrade if you're lower then that, but I wouldn't downgrade, but that's just me.
    11-13-08 04:49 PM
    They sent me a SMS today telling me to upgrade too. Funny, I have the latest beta already installed, 4.5.0.97
    11-13-08 05:10 PM
    Hey there....my wife has a Curve running 4.3. Does anyone have a link where I can upgrade hers?
    11-14-08 06:54 PM
    Just a word of warning - before you all jump in and upgrade - be sure to search the forums. I've been on here a lot lately and I'm seeing lots of threads of folks that have upgraded with bad consequences, or lackluster performance. Personally, I'm on v4.3 and plan on staying here. Just a thought - but if you do go for it - good luck!
    11-14-08 07:01 PM
    I am most conservative and paranoid but went ahead and upgraded on a rainy November day. Took about an hour as I installed the newest DM on the new PC before hand. All looks great with no lost apps or info. ICONS got rearranged but that took a few minutes to reset. Noticed I gained more free memory but I always had lots of free mem before this. To Kristi's point, I had no problem with 4.3 but knew enough others that made the jump successfully to take the plunge.
    11-15-08 12:53 PM
    Just a word of warning - before you all jump in and upgrade - be sure to search the forums. I've been on here a lot lately and I'm seeing lots of threads of folks that have upgraded with bad consequences, or lackluster performance. Personally, I'm on v4.3 and plan on staying here. Just a thought - but if you do go for it - good luck!
    You can easily downgrade back if you dont like 4.5 from Verizon
    11-15-08 12:58 PM
    Well since I am unable to resolve the HTML view issue I am having after installing 4.5 on my Pearl, I guess I will go back to 4.3. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this?
    11-16-08 08:10 PM
    Well, what if you're like me and don't have 4.3.0.97 to go back to? I've looked for the install and have not been able to find it. It's only on the phone as far as I can tell. If I install the update, how do I go back?
    11-19-08 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD